Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

The closest thing to letting the individual decide would be if you let it so each person decides for themselves which bathroom to use. In fact, I believe we had that until very recently. Like, within the last day.

Being that nothing has changed... I guess we're no worse off. (As I mentioned previously, Obama's order wasn't in use or effect as a court ordered an injunction due to pending litigation)

Except now instead of the administration fighting for the rights of people, they're fighting against them. Still don't see how that makes trump anti-lgbtq?

The closest thing to letting the individual decide would be if you let it so each person decides for themselves which bathroom to use. In fact, I believe we had that until very recently. Like, within the last day.

Problem with that is we get into a debate about who takes priority, the transgender student, or the students who disagree and would not like to have transgender students in the restroom with them. I think allowing the individuals to decide would create a lot of controversy, and would result in a lot of problems if you were to do it in a school that is unfriendly to trans students.

Until the federal courts rule whether not it is discrimination, the schools should decide to avoid conflict between individuals.

Also, Obama's decision to do that without it going through the courts is a misuse of his power. The executive branch should be obligated to enforce the court decisions, not act independently from it.

Except now instead of the administration fighting for the rights of people, they're fighting against them. Still don't see how that makes trump anti-lgbtq?

Oh please. They removed an unjust action from taking place. The same executive order complaints the left has about Trump was a problem with Obama as well. Trump isn't actively prohibiting trans students from using the bathroom of their choice, he's just removing what Obama put in place without the ruling of the courts.

Problem with that is we get into a debate about who takes priority, the transgender student, or the students who disagree and would not like to have transgender students in the restroom with them. I think allowing the individuals to decide would create a lot of controversy, and would result in a lot of problems if you were to do it in a school that is unfriendly to trans students.

Ah, the classic "won't someone think of the bigots?"

If you actually think Trump did this because he feels executive orders are unjust, then please explain the numerous executive orders he has already implemented.

The states and local municipalities are a lot closer to the people -- who are the ones that should hold the most power.

Edit:

And to expand just a little, I just don't think politicians should have that kind of power. People like Trump....

They shouldn't be able to unilaterally be able to force their epitaphs on our entire country with a swoop of the pen. Obviously there are exceptions, but as a whole...

I just can't accept giving approving of giving Trump (or any President) that kind of authority.

Depends on which founding father you ask. They disagreed on a lot of stuff. You should some of the arguments in the federalist papers. The constitution has been amended many times too. It is not and has never been a perfect document. It was also written over 200 years ago. Remember, this country was designed to be run by rich land owning white men. It's never been the paragon of democracy that it's made out to be. Edited by seanbrock
  • Upvote 1

Depends on which founding father you ask. They disagreed on a lot of stuff. You should some of the arguments in the federalist papers. The constitution has been amended many times too. It is not and has never been a perfect document. It was also written over 200 years ago. Remember, this country was designed to be run by rich land owning white men. It's never been the paragon of democracy that it's made out to be.

Totally. No disagreements here.

Just the way you worded your post though, you made it seem like states rights were only a thing because of an extreme bastardization nearly a century after it was ratified in the Constitution.

The idea of states rights existed and was implemented before Jim Crow and even before the Black Codes.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Ah, the classic "won't someone think of the bigots?"

If you actually think Trump did this because he feels executive orders are unjust, then please explain the numerous executive orders he has already implemented.

It's not a "someone think of the bigots" argument. It's an argument that it is not the place of anyone but the courts to declare whether or not it is unconstitutional to restrict trans students from using the bathroom they want to use. If you leave it up to the individuals, then cis students will argue that they are being persecuted by allowing people they view as essentially intruders into their bathroom. You don't think that would cause conflict between students?

I don't think Trump did it because he feels executive orders are unjust. Trump has an entirely separate agenda from mine and you need to get that in your head. He did it because he wants to get brownie points with conservatives by removing something Obama did. I'm glad he did it because it was an unjustified action by the Obama administration.

• Upvote 1

It's not a "someone think of the bigots" argument. It's an argument that it is not the place of anyone but the courts to declare whether or not it is unconstitutional to restrict trans students from using the bathroom they want to use. If you leave it up to the individuals, then cis students will argue that they are being persecuted by allowing people they view as essentially intruders into their bathroom. You don't think that would cause conflict between students?

I don't think Trump did it because he feels executive orders are unjust. Trump has an entirely separate agenda from mine and you need to get that in your head. He did it because he wants to get brownie points with conservatives by removing something Obama did. I'm glad he did it because it was an unjustified action by the Obama administration.

I said "Trump is anti-LGBTQ" and you said "name one instance of that." I provided you with one.

And high schoolers would argue that they're being persecuted for having too much homework. They're morons. I'm not condoning bigotry on their behalf.

The argument about transgenders using whichever bathroom is retarded regardless of what side you stand on. If you're going to let anyone regardless of their genitalia use whatever bathroom they want, just make every bathroom unisex. This is such a stupid "problem" to be discussing.

That'd be fine with me, but it'd be a lot of money to implement everywhere. In the meantime, just use the bathroom you want (which incidentally, has been what people have done forever).

I said "Trump is anti-LGBTQ" and you said "name one instance of that." I provided you with one.

And high schoolers would argue that they're being persecuted for having too much homework. They're morons. I'm not condoning bigotry on their behalf.

Removing Obama's action to force a federal decision on schools /=/ being anti-LGBTQ.

You're completely ignoring the fact that there are two sides to this because you believe your side to be right. It's not as simple as saying, "Well fuck you, you're a bigot, we should have executive action to allow this."

And yeah forcing schools to implement unisex bathrooms is unfeasible because of costs.

Edited by Chernobyl426

That'd be fine with me, but it'd be a lot of money to implement everywhere. In the meantime, just use the bathroom you want (which incidentally, has been what people have done forever).

Yeah I don't understand the issue regardless. Like if you look like a woman and have a dick but use the women's restroom, you're going to be in a stall anyway. If you have a vagina and look like a man, you can't exactly use a urinal properly so just stick with the stall.

It's such a non-problem.

Yeah I don't understand the issue regardless. Like if you look like a woman and have a dick but use the women's restroom, you're going to be in a stall anyway. If you have a vagina and look like a man, you can't exactly use a urinal properly so just stick with the stall.

It's such a non-problem.

Yep.

His "the press is the enemy of the people" shtick is the scariest thing he's doing, IMO. Dictators marginalize the press. Nixon did it during Watergate. Hitler did it. Mussolini did it.

Posted that before I saw what he did today. He did not invite the New York Times, the LA Times, the BBC, CNN, Politico and several others to the White House press conference today. In addition, the AP and Time magazine boycotted the meeting when they heard of the others who were not invited.

This action is directly contrary to Spicer's assertion in December that a Trump White House would never ban specific media outlets, because "that is one of the differences between a democracy and a dictatorship"- his words, not mine.

Love to hear your thoughts on this one Cherry and Favre. Now he's dis-inviting news organizations that post facts he doesn't like. Is this still just the same as always?

Edited by Thanatos

Love to hear your thoughts on this one Cherry and Favre. Now he's dis-inviting news organizations that post facts he doesn't like. Is this still just the same as always?

This is literally the same thing every democrat has done forever. This is just fake news completely irrelevant and unimportant.

Cutting regulations...free market...adam smith...econ 101...supply and demand...THE LINES INTERSECT IN THE MIDDLE!!!

Ok, I'm good.

• Downvote 2

popcorn_gus.gif

Apparently you missed the part where I said I care about the rights of individuals and that freedom is important, but whatever. :)

Anyways, yeah, it's unacceptable to deny them entry and allow a joke like Breitbart access.

Honeslty? Don't care to a certain degree.

It's stupid. I don't like it. It's dumb. It shouldn't happen.

But just like a free market, it will work itself out. You had organizations like the AP refuse invites. Stupid, childish behavior like this won't last. This isn't the dawn of dictatorship, no matter if Spicer said it or Blots did.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Yeah, it's more like the afternoon of dictatorship really. Like it's 2 PM and you're starting to get sleepy, but you still got three hours before the day ends so you're just waiting for the concentration camps to start up.

Yeah, it's more like the afternoon of dictatorship really. Like it's 2 PM and you're starting to get sleepy, but you still got three hours before the day ends so you're just waiting for the concentration camps to start up.

We're less than a month in, Razor, it ain't 2PM yet... lol

I’m Tibetan, I’m Buddhist and I’m the Dalai Lama, but if I emphasize these differences it sets me apart and raises barriers with other people. What we need to do is to pay more attention to the ways in which we are the same as other people.

One day I hope to be this wise.

Kind of along the same lines as Morgan Freeman:

" How do we get rid of racism? "
Freeman: " Stop talking about it "

As a society, we are so infatuated with labels and over-identifying that it builds fences between us.

Edited by Favre4Ever

This kind of censorship sets a dangerous precedent. It shouldn't be dismissed.

• Upvote 1

This kind of censorship sets a dangerous precedent. It shouldn't be dismissed.

Read a paper, watch the news, use the internet at.... all... It isn't being dismissed, Ha.