Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Because it takes two people to have inappropriate meetings or conversations. As I mentioned, Comey said he himself was cowardly and not strong enough and also admitted to having his friend leak memo contents in order to procure a particular result.

Trump is / was wrong. he is / was lying.. but Comey has culpability as well -- he isn't completely innocent and that's all I am saying. I believe most, if not all of his testimony to be truth... But that doesn't make him a good person and I won't put him on a pedestal.

Really don't agree with you on this one. As the President of the US, he should already know its inappropriate. Acting like Comey needs to teach him what is and isn't inappropriate is quite silly. He's not his father.

• Upvote 1

While I do think Hillary was an awful choice to run against him, in no way shape or form is she anywhere near as much of a liar as Trump, at least if we're talking sheer quantity of lies.

Trump is leagues ahead of any of his counterparts. 70% of the statements that come out of his mouth are mostly or wholly untrue.

The previous high for a president was Barack Obama- at 25%.

You might make an argument that all politicians are pathological liars, but you'd then need to invent a new word for whatever Trump is. On his 100th day in office, the Washington Post looked at all of his statements made since coming into office- via twitter, counsels, w/e- and found 492 mostly or entirely false statements.

The man lies 5 times A DAY, either flat out or by omission.

So while I agree with you that Hillary lies a lot, and so do the vast majority of politicians, it pales in comparison to Trump.

I think Hillary lies just as much, I just think she is not as brazen about it, the bullshit she spews is heard by others and it gets labeled hearsay. It could be but the few times she speaks in public seems to confirm what most say about her. If you listen to her former aids talk they make the woman sound like satan reborn. I think her and "The Donald" are so close on who is the more despicable human being I cant really pick whose worse.

For instance all these gay people voting for her thinking she is their messiah, I have no doubt she hates them. You cant really fact check someone on their opinions which is where I believe she is a bigger liar than trump. I think trump is grotesquely unapologetic about how he feels, I think hillary will lie just to curry favor with anyone. Look at all the things she said since 96 and look at her stance on all of them lately and she will lie straight to her constituency.

I guess I think trump lies more about his shady dealings to not make him look like a complete schmuck, and I think Hillary lies relentlessly about how she feels depending on her situation. In a weird way I think Trump is more of a genuine person, even if he is genuinely a shitbag.

• Upvote 1

Really don't agree with you on this one. As the President of the US, he should already know its inappropriate. Acting like Comey needs to teach him what is and isn't inappropriate is quite silly. He's not his father.

I think you are missing my point.. I am not saying Comey should have said something to somehow save Trump or teach him something. Trump is already wrong, in my mind. Nothing Comey would've said makes me think better of Trump than I did before his testimony.

I am of the opinion that he should have done it for his own best interest. Trump is ignorant, moronic, a liar...We know all of that.

Comey knew these meetings he was having with Trump were inappropriate... and he (Comey) did NOTHING. Said nothing... He was a willing participant in inappropriate communications with the President. He testified that he finally went to Jeff Sessions way late in the game and told him that he couldn't have those one on ones with the President and that they were inappropriate. Meanwhile, he continues to take one on one phone calls with the President.

If you are the director of the FBI and you are having what you know are inappropriate conversations or meetings with the President, you need to report that. Not to the President -- but to the parties who can ensure things that aren't supposed to happen aren't happening.

Comey was completely complicit to inappropriate behavior, because at the the time it meant he was keeping his job. The second he no longer has to worry about his job, he is leaking information and pretending like he was in such a state of shock that he couldn't do anything but the wrong thing.

Comey, his actions, and his testimony are ALL about self-preservation -- which I don't necessarily blame him for. but I am going to call it like I see it.

Edited by Banned4Ever

Ah ok. I did not understand your point.

That, I agree with.

I think Hillary lies just as much, I just think she is not as brazen about it, the bullshit she spews is heard by others and it gets labeled hearsay. It could be but the few times she speaks in public seems to confirm what most say about her. If you listen to her former aids talk they make the woman sound like satan reborn. I think her and "The Donald" are so close on who is the more despicable human being I cant really pick whose worse.

For instance all these gay people voting for her thinking she is their messiah, I have no doubt she hates them. You cant really fact check someone on their opinions which is where I believe she is a bigger liar than trump. I think trump is grotesquely unapologetic about how he feels, I think hillary will lie just to curry favor with anyone. Look at all the things she said since 96 and look at her stance on all of them lately and she will lie straight to her constituency.

I guess I think trump lies more about his shady dealings to not make him look like a complete schmuck, and I think Hillary lies relentlessly about how she feels depending on her situation. In a weird way I think Trump is more of a genuine person, even if he is genuinely a shitbag.

I'm not really arguing with you, Hillary is a piece of shit. Just claiming she lies as much as Trump is a bit of an eyebrow raiser, considering how much he lies.

I will say one thing Favre. Who the hell was Comey supposed to go to? Jeff Sessions is a racist and a liar, possibly a traitor, Trump and anyone directly connected with him are out, so that leaves, I guess, Rosenstein, who would have immediately informed Sessions.

Good question. Not 100% sure, to be completely honest.

I mean, I'd probably let Rosenstein / Sessions know, because they are head of the DOJ and officially you are doing your job. If they don't act or react in a way that you feel is warranted based on the information. I could see taking it to a Congressional committee head who would then hopefully do something with it. If he was still feeling helpless, he showed he wasn't exactly shy about leaking information, so you can do that to or go right to the press and let it his the public, depending on the information, I suppose.

I wasn't talking about this point specifically earlier, but for arguments sake... If Comey felt Trump was really ordering him to stop an investigation on Flynn... That is obstruction. There is some kind of obligation to report obstruction, don't you think? Who would he have gone to in that circumstance? Again, I don't totally know the answer, but I would go about it in a way that is similar to paragraph one.

So, if you could imagine yourself following that for something illegal, I would think it would be suitable for actions that are merely "inappropriate".

18922228_10158760640470537_5505405439968

Edited by Banned4Ever

But he knows enough to say how glad he is that they're being punished for funding terrorism.

And before you say that, its irrelevant that they do. You can't make a statement like that without fully weighing the consequences.

I agree. If his advisors don't tell him the U.S. have troops in Qatar, how the fuck is he gonna know? It's not like Qatar is a hub of activity.

• Downvote 1

Funny how imperialist Japan was seen as the bad guy in WW2...

Things changed fast and never looked back.

That wasn't the point.

The point is no country today is more imperialist than the U.S.

The level of political activism since Trump was elected is the most seen in decades. I think it's going to get a lot of people involved and that's a good thing. I mean, I live in a pretty small corner of the country, granted so I'm not sure how it is for you guys but from everything I've seen on the news and on TGP people have been galvanized.

What I wish is that us liberals could get together with libertarians/not crazy republicans on stuff like stopping nation building, getting money out of politics, eliminating private prisons, keeping net neutrality and continued progress on civil rights. Really believe that we can make progress if we can manage to keep the right perspective on things. Millennials are now the largest voting block in the country.

• Upvote 1

I read a good point re: Comey standing up to trump.

How unbelievably hypocritical is it for the fucking republicans to say that when they've backed him up throughout every single scandal.

Americans are the true terrorists of the world.

We have torn apart hundreds of thousands of communites with raping, brutalizing and torture overseas and you expect people especially young children.. not to remember that?

• Upvote 2

Certainly seems as though we've been using Saudi Arabia and terror organizations to fight proxy wars for us all over the middle east for decades.Saudi Arabia washes our money and gives it Al Queda and Isis. It's been proven that both of those organizations were created by the US. One was trained by the CIA and they both fight with our weapons.

Good question. Not 100% sure, to be completely honest.

I mean, I'd probably let Rosenstein / Sessions know, because they are head of the DOJ and officially you are doing your job. If they don't act or react in a way that you feel is warranted based on the information. I could see taking it to a Congressional committee head who would then hopefully do something with it. If he was still feeling helpless, he showed he wasn't exactly shy about leaking information, so you can do that to or go right to the press and let it his the public, depending on the information, I suppose.

I wasn't talking about this point specifically earlier, but for arguments sake... If Comey felt Trump was really ordering him to stop an investigation on Flynn... That is obstruction. There is some kind of obligation to report obstruction, don't you think? Who would he have gone to in that circumstance? Again, I don't totally know the answer, but I would go about it in a way that is similar to paragraph one.

So, if you could imagine yourself following that for something illegal, I would think it would be suitable for actions that are merely "inappropriate".

A point that was actually brought up earlier. Comey could not actually implicate Trump in obstruction, because its not merely ethically wrong not to report obstruction of justice, its a crime in itself. So if Comey called Trump on that flat out, he is admitting to a crime himself.

Americans are the true terrorists of the world.

We have torn apart hundreds of thousands of communites with raping, brutalizing and torture overseas and you expect people especially young children.. not to remember that?

Come on, raping? I think that is a little extreme, I mean are there isolated incidents ? Sure, but t is not like that s the SOP. I would also contend brutalizing is a mischaracterzation as well. The only one I will half ass say happens regularly is torture by military intelligence. And by half ass regularly I mean maybe 2 or 3 % of MI units will use physical pain as a way of loosening tongues.

You portray my military in the worst light, but in reality American soldiers are trained to render aid to the enemy before our own brothers in arms. Think about that. Normally I would let this go but we are a far more civil country than those we occupy as a general rule. This country would rather the our military than people who make a military needed, and that is ok. To tell you the truth most military people have a certain disdain for civilians as well, so I get that as a rule we will never see eye to eye with civilians, but mischaracterizations such as this is a big part of it.

• Upvote 1

Our military is more civil than our police lol. I think what he says goes on with the terrorist organizations that fight our proxy wars.

Come on, raping? I think that is a little extreme, I mean are there isolated incidents ? Sure, but t is not like that s the SOP. I would also contend brutalizing is a mischaracterzation as well. The only one I will half ass say happens regularly is torture by military intelligence. And by half ass regularly I mean maybe 2 or 3 % of MI units will use physical pain as a way of loosening tongues.

You portray my military in the worst light, but in reality American soldiers are trained to render aid to the enemy before our own brothers in arms. Think about that. Normally I would let this go but we are a far more civil country than those we occupy as a general rule. This country would rather the our military than people who make a military needed, and that is ok. To tell you the truth most military people have a certain disdain for civilians as well, so I get that as a rule we will never see eye to eye with civilians, but mischaracterizations such as this is a big part of it.

While it might be true that we're more civil than the country we occupy, we're still invading and occupying another country. I feel like this entire strategy accomplishes nothing but to unite people against us in the long run.

• Upvote 2