Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

The Dem's real problem is that the republicans are going to engage in massive amounts of vote suppression.

That being said, 2020 is unfortunately a long way off. Its not likely, but winning the house/senate in 2018 would do some amazing good.

Lucky for the Republicans, the Dems suppressed the vote in their own primaries so Hillary could win the nomination. People have been demanding answers from the Democrats and all they say is we have a plan and it's better than the Republicans. We don't need to change our leadership or our positions because we raise lots of money and we're better than Trump. They're sticking to a losing strategy and ignoring their constituency. Voter suppression wouldn't be an issue if they didn't suck. They're running against the most unpopular president since Andrew Johnson, maybe the most unpopular president ever, idk. Some how though the democrats CONTINUE to get their asses handed to them.

I will grant you that republicans have been doing the exact same thing. Claim to cut spending while invariably increasing spending with none of their base reaping any of the benefits. I think Republicans are much more likely to vote though since they're older on average so they can get away with that much more.

• Upvote 1

Having to bring an ID to vote isn't voter suppression. It's common sense

• Upvote 1

Have you ever voted? They check to make sure you're registered before they give you your ballot. There are millions of people without ID and most of them are not white and most of them are poor. It's almost like charging people to vote too since ID's cost money. It's proven to reduce minority voter turn out.

https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-voter-id-legislation-fact-sheet

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with BWARE on this one. If you are not a citizen of this country why should you be allowed to vote in how it is run ? That makes literally no sense. Now if you want to argue the cost for ID's is too high, sure I can buy that. I think taxes should cover that. If you want to say voter registration is to big of a pain in the dick, ok. Maybe make it an app thing where you have to provide your social, email, and ID number, and they text you a verification code. That being said I dont think we should throw the baby out with the bath water. You should have to be an American citizen to vote for an American president, it just makes sense. If that lowers minority turnout, then I guess it really isnt that important to them.

Now I get that there is some Americans who do not have it, but why ? It is like car insurance, responsible adults should have it. People should not be picking up the slack for others on a personal level. Now we could get into a debate that insurance costs way to much (no argument) but why should individuals have to bear the burden for others, thus lowering their socio economic status. Why do 25% of black people not have ID's, like what the actual fuck? How do you prove your citizenship for an I-9 for work ? How is that not something you have ?

Edited by Omerta

How does an illegal alien even vote? I mean, I guess it works differently in different places but you have to be registered to vote right? You have to go up and tell them your name, they pull your registration and you cast your vote. Not sure how illegal aliens are casting votes unless the polling place is corrupt. If that's the case they can just say they had their ID anyway right?

How does an illegal alien even vote? I mean, I guess it works differently in different places but you have to be registered to vote right? You have to go up and tell them your name, they pull your registration and you cast your vote. Not sure how illegal aliens are casting votes unless the polling place is corrupt. If that's the case they can just say they had their ID anyway right?

A lot of them do it on student Visa's. Not illegal aliens per say but like Indian students in American colleges can present student ID's in some states to vote and to register. Not just indians but a lot of minorities ( a lot meaning like 5% of voters MAX) will live in states without it and show student ID's as a way to get a ballot. That is kind of fucked up, same with work Visa's. ONLY citizens should be allowed to vote.

Well couldn't we just bar them from registering?

The only way I would consider supporting voter ID laws is if you make it possible to get that ID for free in the voting place right before you go and vote.

Even then, its fixing a problem that doesn't really exist. Voter fraud of that nature is virtually nonexistent in the US.

• Upvote 2

Not sure I ever saw a dude cry at PT...

I am not mad that we gave them a shot but now that we have seen it become an abject failure for the most part, can we quit trying to make the military some PC place were general laws of physics and physical prowess dont apply because it is fantasy land. I would also like for every god damn liberal and know it all dickwad in this country to stop assuming they know what is best for the military unless they have enlistment papers or a DD 214 (Stole that from you).

pls

I won't for a second pretend I will excel in a military capacity versus a trained recruit, but I know plenty of recruits from my high school class alone who have no idea how the world - and that includes the military - actually works outside of their immediate surroundings or missions. I've encountered enlisted soldiers who think that reopening the F-22 production lines is still a feasible plan, and some who sincerely believe that military dickwaving is appropriate or that hard power only exists with things like carriers. I'm not going to pretend like I'm some genius, but it annoys me to no end when a soldier disregards any non-enlisted person's opinions on military matters. I guarantee that if the overwhelming majority of soldiers had any legitimate influence over military matters, we would be fucked. Most of them just do not have the capability to meet that demand. They may excel in some things, but a soldier does not know what is best for the military as a whole just because they're enlisted; intelligent soldiers are not intelligent because they are soldiers.

pls

I won't for a second pretend I will excel in a military capacity versus a trained recruit, but I know plenty of recruits from my high school class alone who have no idea how the world - and that includes the military - actually works outside of their immediate surroundings or missions. I've encountered enlisted soldiers who think that reopening the F-22 production lines is still a feasible plan, and some who sincerely believe that military dickwaving is appropriate or that hard power only exists with things like carriers. I'm not going to pretend like I'm some genius, but it annoys me to no end when a soldier disregards any non-enlisted person's opinions on military matters. I guarantee that if the overwhelming majority of soldiers had any legitimate influence over military matters, we would be fucked. Most of them just do not have the capability to meet that demand. They may excel in some things, but a soldier does not know what is best for the military as a whole just because they're enlisted; intelligent soldiers are not intelligent because they are soldiers.

No, not every soldier may know what is best, but I will take the word over a soldier who is enlisted on military matters than a civilian who has no idea. I would assume the cross section of dumbasses in both the military and the civilian world is about the same in percentages. So why would I not at least take the word of a dumbass who has first hand knowledge instead of one that is completely oblivious to military life.

This thread kind of proves my point, when people here think that transitioning during military service is acceptable to their respective units, it shows a complete lack of knowledge as to how the military works. The soldiers that do have legitimate influence over them tend to do it very well as evidenced by Colin Powell, and General Mattis. It is when civilians like Gates thought he knew where the bear shit in the buckwheat that we got in trouble. Intelligent soldiers are not more intelligent because they enlisted, but I do believe the average enlisted man would be the better candidate to ask on military matters than a civilian of comparable intelligence.

I guess what I am saying is if there are two people of comparable intelligence whose opinions I am weighing on a military decision, give me the GI all day. IT is also to say that if policies are being made that could potentially cost lives of soldiers, than perhaps its not a bad idea to let their voices be heard before someone else's who has no stake in the outcome.

Edited by Omerta

The only way I would consider supporting voter ID laws is if you make it possible to get that ID for free in the voting place right before you go and vote.

Even then, its fixing a problem that doesn't really exist. Voter fraud of that nature is virtually nonexistent in the US.

So if it changes nothing then why not pass them ? I would also ID's made to be free.

I guess what I am saying is if there are two people of comparable intelligence whose opinions I am weighing on a military decision, give me the GI all day. IT is also to say that if policies are being made that could potentially cost lives of soldiers, than perhaps its not a bad idea to let their voices be heard before someone else's who has no stake in the outcome.

I agree that all other things being equal, the GI status is a potential tiebreaker. It should really just come down to an individual's understanding of certain things. A standard infantryman will be more equipped to take an order and complete it than a civilian, but that doesn't mean they have a valid approach to things like overall logistics, procurement, or even doctrine. I'll admit I'm projecting my own experiences to this situation, but I've just enough of these GIs who think they know everything about the military for my own good. If I hear "Well, I'm a soldier, so I think I know a bit more than you" when it comes to things that they literally do not even comprehend (seriously, the average person - including the average soldier - has no idea how military procurement works and how complex restarting and canceling production is). I'm ranting at this point. I agree with your premise, that if all else remains the same, having insight into how the military is structured on the micro scale is a major factor to consider. I would apply the same logic to two intelligent people, with one being an enlisted individual who is an expert in military logistics or finances.

I agree that all other things being equal, the GI status is a potential tiebreaker. It should really just come down to an individual's understanding of certain things. A standard infantryman will be more equipped to take an order and complete it than a civilian, but that doesn't mean they have a valid approach to things like overall logistics, procurement, or even doctrine. I'll admit I'm projecting my own experiences to this situation, but I've just enough of these GIs who think they know everything about the military for my own good. If I hear "Well, I'm a soldier, so I think I know a bit more than you" when it comes to things that they literally do not even comprehend (seriously, the average person - including the average soldier - has no idea how military procurement works and how complex restarting and canceling production is). I'm ranting at this point. I agree with your premise, that if all else remains the same, having insight into how the military is structured on the micro scale is a major factor to consider. I would apply the same logic to two intelligent people, with one being an enlisted individual who is an expert in military logistics or finances.

I am pretty sure I agree with what you are saying if I understand it. That is the beautiful thing about the military and a valid point I think needs to be addressed here. Specializations makes the military work. The procurement may not be in the infantryman's wheelhouse, but I assure you when it comes to military procurement most procurement officers in the military will no better than civilians. Logpac guys will know what the fuck is up more than a civilian logistics guy, Infantryman know more about unit readiness and cohesion and tactics than civilians. All of that is to say the military specializes to the point where you never know the soldier you may be talking to (not you specifically) very well could be an expert. Then again he may not be. I will say that is that two people of comparable intelligence I take the GI on military matters. I too am now ranting.

So if it changes nothing then why not pass them ? I would also ID's made to be free.

Because it would prevent registered voters from voting.

Because it would prevent registered voters from voting.

So if they can register to vote, why cant they take the time to get an ID, something responsible adults should have anyway ?

Bro, it was done specifically to target low income and minority voters. The numbers don't lie and then you look at who pushes the hardest for it's not hard to figure out. Who doesn't want minority and low income voters to vote? The penalties for non citizens voting are crazy. They can be fined up to 100k and serve 1-3 years in jail PLUS whatever the state punishment is and statistics show it just doesn't happen. I don't know where you're getting your figures from because everything that I've read says that those numbers are bullshit which makes sense because I don't see how you could register to vote with a visa. I really need to have that explained to me. I'm not saying voter fraud doesn't happen but that's more an issue with polling centers than it is with individual people. I'm wrong a lot though so if you can show me please do.

• Upvote 1

We won't need your run of the mill IDs when they begin to mandate chip implants so they can keep track of us. Think of all the other things they could do..

• Upvote 2

Chip implants? People have GPS trackers surgically attached to their bodies at all times already. They're called Smart Phones lol.

• Upvote 2

So at least Tillerson and the Trump administration are right about Israel lol. Wish they would get Saudi Arabia right now. It's kind of funny how if you ciriticize how horrible Israel is you're an anti-semite isn't it? Noam Chomsky that Jewsh (atheist really) anti-semite :yao:

At this point Israel is an Apartheid state.

Edited by seanbrock

The world's seen nukes tho.

Good. I am glad he said what he said and i hope he follows through.

Edited by Omerta

Good. I am glad he said what he said and i hope he follows through.

I don't know about the second part necessarily, but I agree. You've got to call crazy fuckers like NK out in a situation like this. Straight up diplomacy ain't gonna work.