Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

That's a huge stretch bro. If the judge was swayed by something Trump said then he's a terrible judge. Why don't you talk about how Trump has basically completely dismantled the EPA instead of the meaningless shit he says. The NY Times is a fucking GARBAGE corporate owned piece of shit media outlet.

For the love of God, I never thought I would say this but I agree with him. Not that I don't think Bowe Bergdahl deserves a whole hell of a lot more than he got, but the judges hand was tied.

Knowing that the president is the commander-in-chief of the military, and given what Trump said about the case in his sentiments towards Bergdahl, had the judge ruled anything harsh it would have looked like Trump was pulling the strings in the military. You couple that with his transgender ban that caused such a ruckus, and now it looks like the military is a pawn and Trump's game. You can't allow that to happen, because that lends credibility to his threats.

Think about it from this perspective, if your North Korea, and Trump says he's going to completely annihilate you, and you've seen what has happened in this country how do you not take him seriously? He says he's going to ban transgenders on Twitter without even Consulting his generals, not giving them time to conclude the study that they were going to. He doesn't unilaterally and it happens anyway within 2 months. Then he makes a comment about Bergdahl and then he gets the death penalty, if your North Korea what do you think. You think this man has the military by the balls in that nobody will stand up to him, putting you in an even more does for position to prove yourself, because all of your bullshit talk has not worked, and his has.

That would be newsworthy if it weren't from salon.

His source is the Associated Press. The timing of this is awfully convenient though lol. I don't even trust the media at this point. They've been so in the tank for Hillary for so long it's not even funny. All of the media is owned by a couple corporations. This feels like desperate damage control.

Did u

You actually read the AP article though... It is not what Salon is making it sound like...

Nope, either way it was a non story tbh. I could care less what the article OR the source said.

Burn the DNC to the ground, and kick a bunch of those clowns out of office while you're at it. End of story.

I am more than willing to give significant control to the Republicans for a span of 2-10 years if it results in more quality Democrats in office in the long run. It's time for Democrats to stop painting over the blemishes and start fresh with a new canvas.

Edited by BwareDWare94

There is no opposition or alternative to corporatism. Giving control to the Republicans is gonna be rough but it can be reversed. If keep getting stuck in this cycle it's just going to get worse and worse.

I just wish we could have a legit 3rd party that actually surges in popularity .... I mean, out of over 500 federal representatives (including the senate) we have TWO people who don't belong to either the Republican or Democratic parties. There are about 7,500 state representatives and only 36 don't belong to one of the two major parties.

That's a joke.

• Upvote 1

el oh el that guy

Lol....I bet you if you told Trump there is a thing as too rich he would laugh...money>air

• Upvote 2

Blots apprehended in Kentucky

Kentucky State Police have arrested a man accused of assaulting Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) at his home in Bowling Green, the senator's office confirmed on Saturday.

"Senator Paul was blindsided and the victim of an assault," Kelsey Cooper, a spokeswoman for Paul, said in a statement. "The assailant was arrested and it is now a matter for the police. Senator Paul is fine.”

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Lol....I bet you if you told Trump there is a thing as too rich he would laugh...money>air

Unfortunately it's not just Trump. It's most of the people in charge.

Also, I think this guy who assaulted Rand Paul is a plant or something. Why would a so called far left Bernie supporter go after Rand Paul? Rand Paul is a republican, but him and Bernie actually have worked together quite a bit. I know I'm probably going to get slammed for being a conspiracy theorist but that's what I think.

Edited by seanbrock

Not really sure how those two things are related but I stand by saying that if you sign off on the death of thousands to enrich you donors then yeah, you deserve a gruesome death.

It's just kind of curious timing with the announcement of the DNC scandal and the corporate wing of the party falling out of favor. If you don't think the CIA would do something like this then you should do some research.

It was his neighbor who didnt get along with him to begin with. A plant doesnt seem required here

It was his neighbor who didnt get along with him to begin with. A plant doesnt seem required here

Yeah I didn't even read about it. It's really a weird story but pretty meaningless.

IN other more pressing news... All of these Saudi princes that have been taken into custody have some SERIOUS connections to political big wigs... biggest of them all is probably Obama, Clinton, and the Podestas. Tens of millions to the Clinton foundation. Alwaleed Talal was taken down, he is CitiGroup's largest individual investor, and if you remember correctly, CitiGroup basically hand picked Obama's cabinet.

A lot of connections thought to be with money laundering and bribery regarding Uranium One as well(which Blots and Thanatos still don't believe is real).

Still lots to investigate though with information flowing intermittently.

• Upvote 1

It's not that its not real, its that the right is making it to be some huge thing when its not. This is Benghazi all over again, and we're going to have multiple panels to convene and look into this, and most likely nothing will come of it again.

I know Trump and the GOP love them some alternative facts, but lets look at what we actually know to be the case for this Uranium One deal.

Fact: The uranium never left North America. Some of it was moved to Canada, but that is as far as it got.

Fact: The council had 9 people on it. Hillary was one of those people- and according to her, never attended meetings for this sale, but sent a representative- she wasn't the chairperson, and could not have approved the deal even if she was. This was Obama's call.

Fact: The man donating 90% of the money sold off all the stakes he had in this company 18 months prior to Hillary becoming secretary of state.

Fact: The State Department was one of NINE organizations who were supposed to sign off on this deal. Is Hillary blackmailing nine different governmental organizations?

Any fact-checking organization consistently brings up these salient points:

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/

https://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/oct/24/what-you-need-know-about-hillary-clinton-and-urani/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/26/the-facts-behind-trumps-repeated-claim-about-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-russian-uranium-deal/?utm_term=.4d6545cb860f

http://www.weeklystandard.com/fact-check-did-hillary-clinton-personally-approve-the-uranium-one-deal/article/2010304

Quote: "Russia's purchase of the company had as much impact on national security as if they would have set the money on fire."

Quote: "Please be assured no Uranium-One produced uranium has been shipped directly to Russia and the US government has not authorized any country to re-transfer uranium to Russia." "This 2015 statement remains true today."

Finally, something I've always personally wondered and it may be my lack of knowledge regarding what exactly uranium can be made into. What are we worried about Russia making with the uranium? More nukes? They already have plenty to wipe the US off of the face of the planet if they so desired- knowing of course that we'd do the same to them- so why does it matter if they have more? I get that its still wrong if this was some sort of pay for play thing, but it seems to be lighting up the airwaves more because its uranium.

The argument seems to be "Russia is bad, so we can't give them more uranium to make weapons with." Just wondering if there's as much outrage if this exact thing came out and they were buying a lumber company or something.

Edit: Here's yet another source talking about how this deal is a small thing being blown up for political reasons: http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-bogus-clinton-uranium-one-deal-conspiracy-1.4383957

US produces less than 3% of the world's uranium, so we're not really giving much by selling 11%, (its not 20 contrary to Faux News assertions), of our production.

In order to export the uranium, the Russians would need a license. Which they don't have. The much more plausible reason why this company would be valuable is because of their mining rights in Kazakhstan, not the US.

Trump is going hard after this story to distract from his campaign people being arrested, that's blindingly obvious to see.

And please don't twist this as me saying Clinton isn't a dirty politician, because she is. There is simply nothing to this one and anyone who knows anything about uranium and the normal dealings with it- read, the experts, not some Fox news pundits like Tucker Carlson- understand that.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Downvote 1

You can use uranium for a number of things... It's nuclear fuel, powering power plants across the world, which comes to mind immediately. My thought process is... If it isn't a big deal, why does mass corruption, bribery, etc follow it? Why all the shadiness if it isn't a big deal? And if we hate Russia so much and we view them as a hostile nation, why do we want to supply them with such a resource?

Granted, I think a lot of the Russia hate and stuff is drummed up and fear-mongering.. It's like the Red Scare all over again. Even with that though, I think it's important to note the hypocrisy of our political system.. You have the DNC taking all these shots about Russia... while they are working with and for them? What. lol It's just idiotic to me.

Right, you can, but the Republicans are drumming it up about the nuclear side of things.

That's what the senators are concerned about, and that's what they keep talking. Headlines such as "the Clintons gave Putin nukes" etc.

And we aren't supplying them with anything. As I've stated numerous times, the uranium hasn't left the country. Aren't you guys supposed to be all about capitalism?

Edited by Thanatos

I don't know who "you guys" are supposed to be, but capitalism is great. Crony capitalism isn't -- which is what this is.