Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

No, it means you should bitch about it more, be more informed, and vote because collectively we do have a say and we can make a difference. If you don't stick up for yourself don't expect someone to do it for you.

And yet I look around and nobody's doing anything. I don't need people to stand up for myself, because I've already done that. That was my entire point. If you guys and by you guys I don't mean just you specifically. If you want to really set yourself free, you're going to have to get a lot of money and become one of the people you hate. You don't necessarily have to adopt their values but you do have to make a lot of money to be truly free in this country, as well as any other country.

And yet through struggle and hard work people have won a lot of freedom in this country and in many others. I mean, you know what that's about with your Union experience. You're not wrong in what you said, but I do that solidarity between the middle class and workers is very important if you want to control income inequality and keep your civil rights. Those forces are constantly opposing each other.

Which they do in all other western countries (the vacation part at least).

Most of them dont work 40 hour weeks either. Germany, Italy, Australia , Sweden , Norway, etc etc. none average 40 hours (most hover around 35)

Its hard to imagine a world where the odds arent stacked against the poor or working class. But at the same time, the system is becoming less and less stable. The working class is getting screwed more than the system can support.

You need to at least have the illusion of hope ... of a better future. It cant be so obvious how stacked the odds are (whether thats reality or not). More and more these days , people are realizing the truth and lack that hope and then they stop dreaming.

• Upvote 1

Lavar Ball is too stupid to be a real human being

Its hard to imagine a world where the odds arent stacked against the poor or working class. But at the same time, the system is becoming less and less stable. The working class is getting screwed more than the system can support.

You need to at least have the illusion of hope ... of a better future. It cant be so obvious how stacked the odds are (whether thats reality or not). More and more these days , people are realizing the truth and lack that hope and then they stop dreaming.

Yeah I really just reject the idea that people who criticize the power structure are losers and the only way in life is to suck it up and conform to the system. To me that's spitting in the eye's of people like Eugene Debbs, Susan B Anthony, MLK etc. etc. People fighting in the political realm for what they believe in have helped this country come a long way as far as being more equitable. Over the years these changes are eroded away by the powerful and we have to pay attention and keep fighting or the pendulum will continue to swing too far the wrong way.

I think some degree of economic inequality is a good thing, but there has to rules. You have to give some of what you get back because if you weren't fortunate enough to live in this country you might never have the opportunity to succeed. Unfortunately you can't rely on the charity of the rich to stimulate the ecnomy. They tend to bank their money and continue to try and save money on labor and production. Joe Blow might go out a few more times a year or take a vacation.

I agree almost completely.

I just don't like some of the generalizations. I guess it depends what we call "rich", but the people in charge of rigging the system are the elite of the elite. The 1% of the 1%. There are MANY MANY people who have money who are more than decent and have little to do with that imbalance. These people are the innovators, the real go-getters, the inventors, and largely the creative hive of our society.

Which is also why I agree that income equality does need to exist. You have to be able to separate a few notches or tiers above the normal working class folks -- because that is exactly what motivates those innovators to go the extra mile. That doesn't mean the working class is worthless or deserves to be shit on, not by any means. Nobody should have to feel shamed or inadequate for where they fall.

Hold on. I wanna dispell this fiction that Lavar Ball didn't know what he was doing. He knew exactly what he was doing. He was putting on a show and knew better than to fall for any of the obvious bait the reporter was throwing at him. He never directly attacked trump, but he might've said enough to goad trump to say something else thats stupid. Thats a win for Lavar.

Two of the biggest egos on the planet collide ... could make that into a movie.

Trump officially endorses Roy Moore.

The GOP better refuse to seat him if he wins. They will lose any remaining credibility they have.

Just sick that a pedophile is allowed to run for and probably win a Senate seat.

Yeah Ive never claimed that Trump is smart but... thats just flat out stupid on multiple levels.

The GOP better refuse to seat him if he wins. They will lose any remaining credibility they have.

They will. Remember, all the republicans hate Roy Moore even before this. They want Luther strange.

So what happens when that occurs? We appoint another interim dude in the meantime and then hold another special election later on?

Do we need 2/3 majority to refuse to seat Moore? So we'd need 19 Republicans to vote for it, assuming all Dems agree to it.

It would be funny, in a very twisted way, if the Dems voted to let him be seated so they can use him as a political prop going into the 2018 elections.

So what happens when that occurs? We appoint another interim dude in the meantime and then hold another special election later on?

Do we need 2/3 majority to refuse to seat Moore? So we'd need 19 Republicans to vote for it, assuming all Dems agree to it.

It would be funny, in a very twisted way, if the Dems voted to let him be seated so they can use him as a political prop going into the 2018 elections.

Yeah the Alabama governor would appoint strange again, there would be another special election, strange wins because they can vote for a republican that isn't a pedophile. I don't think the dems would fight that either. Not only is Moore a nutjob, it'd imply the dems support a child molester.

In something that affects literally everyone, Trump's FCC chairman says they are going to vote to repeal Obama-era net neutrality rules on the 14th of December.

Merry Christmas to all of you if that happens.

'I never thought leopards would eat MY face,' sobs man who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

What does Trump gain from this though? Im trying to think of something.... any kind of personal or political benefit. Just makes negative sense.

@Favre

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/19/us/politics/trump-inauguration-sheldon-adelson-fundraising.html

The country’s biggest cable and wireless companies, Verizon, Comcast and AT&T, donated more than $2 million combined. In the weeks since, Mr. Trump’s pick for chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, Ajit Pai, has moved quickly to nullify or curtail consumer protection measures, such as “net neutrality” rules, that were established under President Obama over the industry’s objections.

This is just Donny looking to help out his wealthy buddies at the expense of everyone else....

• Upvote 1

Idk whether or not Hillary would have done the same, but this is the big one. SOPA and PIPA tried to do the same thing and we shut it down, but congress won't stop trying because they're almost all bought and sold by these guys.

There's only way to stop this. Everyone needs to contact your rep and tell them you will not be voting for them next election if they support this. We are on the brink of ISPs being able to charge more to visit certain sites and being able to throttle web traffic to sites that won't pay them an extra fee.

This cannot be allowed to go through.

Ajit Pai is a utter scumbag and I would not be at all sad if he dropped dead tomorrow.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/star-trek-actor-levar-burton-angry-tweets-lavar-ball-ucla-trump-cnn

Actor LeVar Burton played Geordi La Forge in Star Trek, and he has a somewhat similar name to outlandish basketball father LaVar Ball. It’s just close enough for Burton to be on the wrong end of Twitter hate meant for Ball.

As Ball’s feud with Donald Trump escalated into a bizarre interview with CNN, more tweets intended for Ball have ended up in Burton’s mentions. Burton’s Twitter handle is @levarburton while Ball’s is @Lavarbigballer. It really would take a lot to confuse the two, but nonetheless, Twitter found a way.

He joked about the misguided Twitter vitriol on Tuesday.

screen-shot-2017-11-21-at-12-07-02-pm.jp

But it’s something that has gone on the past week. A fake Donald Trump account made the same mistake.

screen-shot-2017-11-21-at-12-10-59-pm.jp

Other users have also tweeted at Burton instead of Ball.

screen-shot-2017-11-21-at-12-11-21-pm.jp

screen-shot-2017-11-21-at-12-13-14-pm.jp

Burton has been getting this treatment for months, but the political nature of this latest feud reignited the errant tweets. Back in March, he spoke to Bleacher Report about getting confused for LaVar Ball.

He said at the time before comparing Ball to Trump:

"A week or so ago … I finally tweeted about it, I retweeted it with my comments. I was like, “What is going on here?” Then I looked into it and found out who LaVar Ball was, and then I just laughed. He’s a piece of work. He is a one-person PR machine. I guess he’s operating under the premise that any press is good press, but he’s bucking for one of the most reviled persons in sports right now."

And now those worlds have collided.

https://twitter.com/BrentSpiner/status/933005937140383744

https://twitter.com/BrentSpiner/status/933085504106463232

:rog: :rog:

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

Poor LaVar (Burton). Lol'd seeing Spiner respond too.

Take a look at the comment section, sorted by the first to comment on the article in question, back in April that Ajit Pai is using as evidence there are a lot of people in favor of dismantling net neutrality. Something seem fishy to you guys?:

https://www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/filings?limit=100&offset=3200&proceedings_name=17-108&sort=date_disseminated,ASC

Edited by Thanatos