Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2017 NBA Offseason Thread

25.2 points / 5.8 assists / 3.2 rebounds / 23.09 PER
28.9 points / 5.9 assists / 2.7 rebounds / 26.59 PER

One of those is Kyrie, the other is IT... Hmmm. lol

Great trade for both teams imo. Cavs picked up an extra wing defender and another potential number 1 overall pick. Thomas makes sure the Cavs don't lose much scoring. This could potentially even make Cleveland better this year.of course they're still a long way from the Warriors but I guess it's a start lol

The Celtics got Irving who is one of the most skilled guards we've ever seen in terms of putting the ball in the basket. The Celtics really like Taytum too so this trade also helps them give him a lot of minutes. I think this is what they've wanted the whole time. They saved their powder on Paul George and Jimmy Butler to get a guy that is younger and arguably better than both. Gonna be interesting to see how they manage Brown, Heyward and Tatum.

• Downvote 1

25.2 points / 5.8 assists / 3.2 rebounds / 23.09 PER

28.9 points / 5.9 assists / 2.7 rebounds / 26.59 PER

One of those is Kyrie, the other is IT... Hmmm. lol

​Yeah, but IT did that in a completely different offense while being the go to guy. Tbh I'm not sure how effective he's going to be having to defer to LeBron now. Not to mention, I think it's a huge downgrade in the defensive matchup against Curry. One of the things the Cavs have had going for them in the Finals is that Kyrie has stepped up on both ends of the floor against Steph and I'm not sure tiny Isaiah can put up much of a fight at all defensively, at least having Crowder may give them more options for Durant and Klay. Plus there is questions about IT's hip too. I think it's a short term downgrade but the Cavs are in a better position should LeBron bolt now, they can just let IT walk to clear up cap space and they have the Brooklyn pick to start a rebuild with. But knowing the dumbass Cavs, they will trade the pick for an overrated All Star vet.

Can you imagine how happy the Knicks were? If they could get a potential 1 overall for Melo...damn lol

The deal is supposedly official, with the Cavs getting another second.

Curious to see if they package those for trades or if they use them as future investments assuming Lebron bolts.

Cleveland is going into tank mode after this year. There's nothing they can do to beat the Warriors unless the Warriors have one or two of their major stars get injured. Especially considering some people think IT might not even play this year. How the hell can they beat the Warriors with Thomas and Love both in the starting line up playing horrible defense?

Maybe they have a more viable small ball line up. I think when they do play the Warriors LeBron should post up more because he can still make plays from the post and I think he could get guys like Green into early foul trouble in every game. Let IT bring the ball up and let LeBron play bully ball. Not sure why they didn't use those kinds of looks. I would think it's because he doesn't want to which is crazy because he was so effective in that role in Miami.

Cleveland's last ditch effort to beat the Warriors.. and this won't work.

LeDouche is as good as gone after this season. He's going to be a Laker and we are all going to watch him suck til retirement. :yes:

Why is everyone so certain LeBron leaves? There is no better situation for challenging the Warriors. The Lakers suck. Do you really think he wants to finish his career rebuilding that franchise and not chasing championships? Him leaving makes exactly zero sense

Why is everyone so certain LeBron leaves? There is no better situation for challenging the Warriors. The Lakers suck. Do you really think he wants to finish his career rebuilding that franchise and not chasing championships? Him leaving makes exactly zero sense

I'm still of the opinion that he won't leave. Where the hell would he go?

But it's not looking good right now in Cleveland either.

I don't buy the Lakers BS. The national media would have you believing every star player is dying to play for the Lakers but honestly nobody really does. I don't know why LeBron would want to be the Warriors bitch before they even get to the Finals, especially since the team he'd be joining is a young rebuilding one.

I've decided that I will not let my hopes get up with the Twolves, period. I don't think we'll be good this season and I bet we either trade Wiggins or he leaves. Dude is not worth anything close to a max contract.

I'm still of the opinion that he won't leave. Where the hell would he go?

But it's not looking good right now in Cleveland either.

Philly, tons of really talented players on rookie deals, a sharp shooter in Reddick, a player friendly coach

I think LeBron leaves because he's locked into a team that can't beat the Warriors. They can't outscore them and they can't defend them. I guess maybe they'd have a better shot with Bledsoe than IT but we also don't know how next years offseason will shape up. This offseason was pretty crazy.

I've decided that I will not let my hopes get up with the Twolves, period. I don't think we'll be good this season and I bet we either trade Wiggins or he leaves. Dude is not worth anything close to a max contract.

You'll be better than the Bulls

I don't want to hear ANYTHING negative from any T-Wolves fan.

Spurs would be the only team that gives LeBron a realistic chance to beat GS. They'd have to give up a lot of that depth that makes them so good though. Pop would make it work.

Spurs would be the only team that gives LeBron a realistic chance to beat GS. They'd have to give up a lot of that depth that makes them so good though. Pop would make it work.

Pop and the Spurs play selfless ball LeBron would have to go by what they play and try and make it work and realize it's Kawhi team that he would be the sidekick basically

You can criticize LeBron if you want but not for being a selfish player. At least not on the court lol. I don't think either LeBron or Kawhi would need to be the side kick. It would most likely be more of the same situation his was in in Miami with Wade but Kawhi doesn't seem to be the vocal leader than LeBron is so it might actually be perfect.

LeBron would be absolutely phenomenal playing for the Spurs and Pop. Kawhi would be #2 and theyd run train on the league (except maybe GSW).

So the NBA is supposedly going to make changes to the lottery that includes the three teams with the worst record will all have the same odds of getting the #1 pick. Am I the only one who thinks this will incentivise teams to tank more? More spots to tank for now...

I don't think so. If Draymond is the best player on your team, you're in trouble. I think a top 10 player should be the kind of player that you can build a championship team around.

I don't think Draymond fits in the top 10 while not being a dominant scorer, but I appreciate the effort to see what one guy can do without dominant scoring. Draymond Green is incredible, period.

I don't think I'd say top 10 but Draymond is kinda the glue that makes everything GSW does work.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/911637746124558336

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/911638816976510977

Thunder having an amazing offseason. The knicks must've been incredibly desperate to get rid of Melo if thats what they agreed to (or just their usual incompetence).

How's Melo gonna do anything with Westbrook there?