Bay

I guarantee the Eagles finish with less than 9 wins...

you actually made a good post nice job

• Downvote 3

Five days till the Eagles world comes crashing down. Six straight losses starting sunday.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see us lose to the Bears. We're overdue for a L, and I think Chicago is better than people realize.

Five days till the Eagles world comes crashing down. Six straight losses starting sunday.

I guess we could do a sig bet.... :yes:

This thread doesnt age well for me, Id like it to disappear lol

• Upvote 2

Stevo are you going to think were going to lose every week until the playoffs ? Fat chance in hell we lose to bears I predicted a 3 TD plus to win against Dallas. We will drop a 50 burger on Chicago..

59-6 Eagles

Edited by WeaponX20
  • Upvote 1

Steven is really a Giants fan. Although you picked The Vagiants to win the division.

Bay every night:

anigif_enhanced-14076-1393237553-2.gif

More like this:

sex-mario-peach.gif

I cant wait until the Eagles have to pay CArson and you guys become irrelevant yet again lol. Weapon is going to be super upset, and Sean will still be Sean. Not that it needs saying but Stevo is by far the coolest Eagles fan....so there ya go.

Steven is really a Giants fan. Although you picked The Vagiants to win the division.

Know I said Giants had a better chance than Dallas , said it would be between the Eagles and Giants , I mean look at the Giants roster before the season there is no reason for them to be this bad... cowboys are basically where I thought the be 4-5 and redskins doesn’t my better than expected

No RB. No OL. Those who talked themselves into thinking the Giants would be good are silly.

I cant wait until the Eagles have to pay CArson and you guys become irrelevant yet again lol.

Just because that's what happened with Flacco doesn't mean you have to be salty about it. ;)

In all seriousness, I think it's too soon to say whether overpaying for Carson will be a mistake. He could regress into a slightly above average quarterback or he could be a top-3 QB for the next decade. You just never know. In either case, the Eagles have no choice but to shell out the dough and manage the rest of the roster the best they can. The Ravens didn't have a choice either.

I know a lot of us keyboard warriors talk tough about how the Ravens made a mistake (myself included), but what was their alternative? Flacco got his contract in 2013. Here are some of the QBs drafted that year:

EJ Manuel

Geno Smith

Mike Glennon

Matt Barkley

Ryan Nassib

For Sure. I was not really in favor of giving him that contract because, well he is a decent QB with flashes of Brilliance, he is no Brees, Brady, Manning (at that time), Rodgers and so on. That said overpaying for will assuredly be a mistake imo. Not because I doubt the kids talent, but because it is always bad.

Look at teams with "franchise" QB's, or ones that command that anyway.

I will start with the Ravens. That last SB run was the last time Flacco was not a 20+ mil a year QB, and it is no coincidence we have not done much since.

The Lions with Stafford. He gives them a chance to win, but he cant do it without a team around him. Look at their success.

Then Bengals with Dalton. He got paid and they have been shit.

The Raiders. The year after they pay the man, they are dog shit and firing people mid season. No money for that suck ass defense.

The Packers. They cant invest in O line or decent LB's. They are not doing well either. Granted Rodgers got hurt but even still they have not scared people for a couple of years.

The Seahawks. Every since Russ got paid they cant pay people to protect him. They have not been as scary as tehy were when he was the bargain and not really all that scary anyway.

Brees in New Orleans. That team has sucked for a few years now. and that huge cap hit has something to do with it.

Andrew Luck and the Colts. I dont even need to explain that one.

There are a few more, but that will suffice for my point. I am not saying having a franchise QB is bad, but I am saying that you have to hit on the draft almost every year to field a competitive team. If you have a team in place and then sign your guy, you end up in cap hell and cutting people with dead money on the books ala seahawks. IT is just that QB prices are getting so high they are killing their teams but that is what the market is dictating. Dallas is doing the same thing. They have two young playmakers on sweetheart deals and they are having a measure of success they have not had in a while. Albeit they are sucking now but injuries have played into it. I am not shitting on the Eagles for paying him, I am just saying when they do that is when the pressure is on, and I am not sure they can do it. They bring in a lot of free agents to get the job done. Howie will have to draft out of his mind to keep the window open for more than 3 or 4 years.

More like this:

sex-mario-peach.gif

I cant wait until the Eagles have to pay CArson and you guys become irrelevant yet again lol. Weapon is going to be super upset, and Sean will still be Sean. Not that it needs saying but Stevo is by far the coolest Eagles fan....so there ya go.

Yeah look at all those irrelevant teams with top 10 QB's :yao:

Winning multiple Super Bowls was hard before the salary cap era and before players really made any money. You're grasping at straws playa. The Eagles are gonna dominating the league for the next decade. Learn to love it.

Yeah look at all those irrelevant teams with top 10 QB's :yao:

Winning multiple Super Bowls was hard before the salary cap era and before players really made any money. You're grasping at straws playa. The Eagles are gonna dominating the league for the next decade. Learn to love it.

You mean like the Lions, Saints, Raiders, and the Colts.

I know youre trolling, but enjoy it man. These windows close fast.

The Packers. They cant invest in O line or decent LB's. They are not doing well either. Granted Rodgers got hurt but even still they have not scared people for a couple of years.

A team that has made the NFCCG twice in the last 3 years doesn't scare people? The Packers' o-line was one of the best last season. They just didn't want to overpay a 30 yr old guard with a history of injuries and have been injured a lot this season. A great QB can carry a team a lot further than any other position. Look at the dogshit the Packers are right now and consider they were 4-1 when Rodgers went down. Now look at how much Denver had to pay Von Miller. You don't see him carrying a team like a top QB can. Neither can a DB.

The team needs balance and giving huge contracts to QBs doesn't help but at this point, every position is starting to make quite a bit of money. That's why you see teams regress when a lot of their players come off rookie contracts. The Seahawks are the easy example here as that defense regressed once Sherman, Wilson, Thomas, Wagner, Kam and so on had to get paid while they haven't been able to invest into their o-line at all.

With that said, if you aren't willing to invest into a QB your team is going nowhere.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Are they good, yeah sure. But they are not the class of the NFC imo.

We're winning the Super Bowl this year, so hold onto your dick.

You mean like the Lions, Saints, Raiders, and the Colts.

I know youre trolling, but enjoy it man. These windows close fast.

Lions and Saints are far from irrelevant, but the other part of that equation is you have to be able to draft and identify talent. You have to find guys here and there in the later rounds that can play and you have to make those early picks count. The Eagles have done a pretty good job of that. The Eagles have also managed to get a lot of production on free agents that they got from the bargain bin in mid summer.

The Eagles cap is actually in a bad way right now and the GM, Howie Roseman has made tweaks to contracts, made trades and some how managed to sign some free agents. Once the Eagles get out from some of the bad contracts they already have on the books they'll have to re-sign Wentz and they'll keep doing what they've been doing.

Lions and Saints are far from irrelevant, but the other part of that equation is you have to be able to draft and identify talent. You have to find guys here and there in the later rounds that can play and you have to make those early picks count. The Eagles have done a pretty good job of that. The Eagles have also managed to get a lot of production on free agents that they got from the bargain bin in mid summer.

The Eagles cap is actually in a bad way right now and the GM, Howie Roseman has made tweaks to contracts, made trades and some how managed to sign some free agents. Once the Eagles get out from some of the bad contracts they already have on the books they'll have to re-sign Wentz and they'll keep doing what they've been doing.

Were bad now because we still have Chase Daniels and Sam Bradford on the books until next year and and we have Ryan Mathews , Conner Barwin, Jordan Matthews, Marcus Smith on the books until next year also

We have $18,465,416 in dead cap space on the books in 2017

In 658,00 in 2018

Eagles will have plenty have space next year and Howie will make room if needed be

Edited by WeaponX20

Remember I said this. I won't argue it any further, but we will see, I'm betting it is unsustainable, but dreams are important.

Remember I said this. I won't argue it any further, but we will see, I'm betting it is unsustainable, but dreams are important.

We don't have the answer either way at this point but we do know that it's possible to be a contender every year with the right QB. Peyton Manning was always one of the highest paid players in the league and if he played like he did in the regular in the playoffs he'd have 5 rings and not Brady. I'm not saying Carson will be on that level but I think he's proven that he has that potential to get there.

Coaching is also a huge factor. Pederson has been excellent and we all know how much of an asset a great defensive coordinator is. Carson Wentz can elevate the talent around him on offense and a great defensive coordinator can help elevate the talent or at least hide the weaknesses of certain players.

I could be dead wrong, but Carson Wentz seems the type to push for a lucrative but team friendly deal, as well as someone like Aikman/Brady who would regularly restructure in order to keep certain pieces. Dude is making 500K per game right now, and I think that probably seems like a gigantic sum to him.

They can't pay everybody, but with the right offensive pieces they can outscore anybody. And let's not act like the defense is littered with studs at every position. There are relative no names starting and/or thriving on the Eagles defense. Coordinator has something to do with that. I think Jim Schwartz as a HC has sailed, so where's he gonna go?

Pederson has been more good than bad, but prior to ditching all the stupid screen plays, many Eagles fans were sick and tired of his play calling. I've said it before--it's an unfortunate truth but losing Darren Sproles made Pederson turn a few more pages into the playbook.

There's no way Wentz takes a team friendly deal on his first huge deal. If he can keep this play up, he's going to get a huge deal and could even become the highest paid player.

giphy.gif200.gif

lol what do you guys want your sigs to be?

Do something Seahawks related for me lol

vs. :Bears:

@ :Seahawks:

@ :Rams:

@ :Giants:

vs. :Raiders:

vs. :Cowboys:

Will the Eagles win out? I think they could lose to the Rams and Cowboys (Zeke, Smith and Lee could be back) honestly but I wouldn't say the Eagles are at any real match up advantages against any of those teams. I think HFA is a lot more than just the crowd but the Eagles will probably be playing in a stadium full of Eagles fans against the Rams.Still tough to make that trip across the country. You could say the same about the Seahawks but is Russell Wilson enough to beat the Eagles by himself? I don't think so.

They have to play down significantly to lose any of those games.