Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Week 5 Reaction

lolBills. How do you beat Denver and Atlanta then lose to Cincy? Sad.

So the Jets are 3-2, albeit taking advantage of an early cupcake schedule. Still impressive, considering.

The Eagles are the class of the NFC right now when you factor in every phase of the game. And you know Jeffery is going to let loose soon because teams can't keep ignoring everybody else. Ertz and Wentz have an electric connection.

While the Eagles are playing best in all phases, I think we can bet on Aaron Rodgers leading the Pack past anybody until proven wrong.

lolCowboysDefense. Classic performance yesterday from that crew.

So the Texans can score. They might be incredibly dangerous come playoff time.

Who are the Jags? If Bortles can slightly improve his play, they'll be division winners.

No, Big Ben isn't done. He still has it. The Steelers just aren't that good. This team is a Sam Bradford start away from being 2-3, and if the Ravens were even remotely healthy, they could even be 1-4. They're overrated. For the past 5 years under Tomlin, they've been overrated.

The Raiders are in trouble. With or without Carr.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

I was so happy when I woke up and yesterday b4 work and seen eagles smashed Arizona , wentz lit that Defense up, can't wait for Thursday night

• Upvote 1

The Eagles certainly look pretty damn good. Their offensive line is playing well, Jason Kelce looks like a pro bowler again. Wisniewski has made a huge difference. This offense will take what you give them. The Eagles kick coverage, return game and kicking game are elite and defensively when the Eagles are at full strength they're one of the best defenses in the league. Very complete team. I know you said the Eagles 3rd down success was flukey BWare and to an extent it was but they've been doing this all year. Carson Wentz is really looking like the real deal pre-snap identifying blitzes and that's why they've been so good on 3rd down.

As far as them being the class of the NFC...I want to wait and see what they do against Carolina. When Cam plays like MVP Cam the Panthers can make it back to the Super Bowl. idk what his deal was early in the season. Maybe he's healthier now than he was the first couple weeks, but he was impressive this week. If the Eagles beat the Panthers though, man idk this could be a special year for them.

As far as the Packers go, they have the best player in the league and I think their defense might be good enough to make enough plays to give him a chance to go and win games in the 4th quarter. If Aaron Jones can get their run game going this is a DANGEROUS team. Dallas' defense is bad but that Jones kid has some juice. He's fast as hell. I was looking at him as a late round target in the mock game. I'm pretty sure he was the fastest RB in this class and his production in college (albeit a small school) was crazy.

Last night was so tough for the Texans man. If Watt and Merciless don't go down they might have been able to give the Chiefs their first L. btw Watson is making some teams look dumb for passing on him. He has that it factor that Vince Young had early in his career but he's a great kid and will put the work in to keep evolving as a player. He's just a flat out winner.

Big Ben is definitely done. How can you say he has no weapons when you have Brown & Bell? And he threw two pick sixes. Don't get me wrong he might have a couple more good games in him but I said before the year I think he'll retire after this year. I also have a bet that the Steelers miss the playoffs.

Really shocked at the Jets being 3-2. Yeah they aren't world beaters but hell, they beat the Jags who are 3-2 and those Jags absolutely stomped Pitt, Houston and Baltimore. And when you're projected to win one maybe two games and it's talked about having the worst roster since the 08 Lions you better believe it's impressive.

• Upvote 1

Leonard Fournette is the OROTY.

I just don't think Ben wants to play anymore. I think mentally he's done. I think the arm is there still but he's been mailing it in this year. If he gets his head in the game, maybe he can turn it around but this is definitely his last year.

• Upvote 1

I just don't think Ben wants to play anymore. I think mentally he's done. I think the arm is there still but he's been mailing it in this year. If he gets his head in the game, maybe he can turn it around but this is definitely his last year.

Ya he been having his foot half way out the door near the end of last season, I honestly think Pittsburgh asked him to come back for 1 more year , i think he was ready to retire you can tell this year hes mentally not there

I didn't say the Steelers had no weapons lol. Go back and read. I said that they aren't that good, and that is the truth.

I didn't say the Steelers had no weapons lol. Go back and read. I said that they aren't that good, and that is the truth.

What about the Steelers aren't that good? Because it's pretty obvious to me the MAJOR problem is the QB. The defense hasn't been terrible and you have arguably the best receiver and best running back in the game.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Ben is done. It's so obvious. Even before yesterday, he was very meh so far this year.

What about the Steelers aren't that good? Because it's pretty obvious to me the MAJOR problem is the QB. The defense hasn't been terrible and you have arguably the best receiver and best running back in the game.

That's 3 out of 22 guys on the field. Elite players don't just dominate from start to finish. Like all players, they have stretches of neutrality.

Leonard Fournette and Kareem Hunt are having one hell of a battle for Oroty, and Deshaun Watson is charging right there with them.

Fournette won't touch Hunt in OROTY unless his YPC drastically improves. The 90 yard run he had yesterday is currently saving his YPC on the year but in every game prior to the Pittsburgh game he was at 3.8, 2.9, 3.5, 3.6. And while anyone who watches the games can tell you that's because the Jags are taking the Jeff Fisher/Eddie George approach to running the football and just continuously pounding him up the middle in to 9 men boxes(though it's even worse for the Jags/Fournette because we at least had a QB that opposing defenses had to respect), but when voters are checking the stats at the end of the year and see Hunt with his likely 5.0+ ypc vs Fournette's likely <4.0 ypc it's gonna ruin any chance he has.

Yeah and I think that's gonna sink him, but Fournette has been just as impressive to me as Hunt has, even if he's just running into a stacked box every single down. He doesn't have many long yardage runs, but he's getting positive gains on runs where he should just be getting stuffed for zeroes and ones.

Yeah and I think that's gonna sink him, but Fournette has been just as impressive to me as Hunt has, even if he's just running into a stacked box every single down. He doesn't have many long yardage runs, but he's getting positive gains on runs where he should just be getting stuffed for zeroes and ones.

Yeah he's been fantastic, but his numbers are ruined by what he's playing with at QB.

I love Hunt but if the Jags get 8 or more wins it has to be Fournette. He's all that team has offensively.

Jerry can't make this stand after kneeling with the team a week ago....sorry.

Before I get held responsible for derailing the thread...

The Lions offense has been a mess all season. Stafford is getting murdered, and he probably won't finish the season if something doesn't get fixed.

This offensive line where all this money got invested to has been total trash.

This week made one thing clear, if we're going to invest in Mariota long term (which we absolutely should, and will) we're gonna need to pay a lot more attention to our backup QB spot. Cassel is not a capable NFL quarterback at this point in his career and Mariota is going to miss a few games. That's not necessarily career debilitating for Mariota, Roethlisberger has been considered one of the top QBs in the league for the last decade and in his 13 seasons he's only played 16 games 3 times, but we need someone who can step in and give us a chance to win for the handful of games Mariota will probably miss each year.

Just like when it was so obvious Manning should quit the year he won the SB.

It's week 5, people. The opposite of everything you think will start happening over the next 6 weeks.

...but he did quit. lol. And Peyton was so fucking terrible that season. That defense and running game carried his ass.

Ben won´t be able to enjoy the same luxury. He even said himself he doesn´t have it anymore.

Yeah, that is an awful example. Peyton was the worst QB in the league.. Behind many backups. His team carried his gimp ass to a title, and that just means we should praise that Denver team all the more. Maybe the Steelers can do the same.

Yeah, that is an awful example. Peyton was the worst QB in the league.. Behind many backups. His team carried his gimp ass to a title, and that just means we should praise that Denver team all the more. Maybe the Steelers can do the same.

I don't see Pittsburgh Defense carrying them, Ben is done because he's not enjoying himself and he's ready to call it quits