Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Jordan Peterson On the Wage Gap: Opinions Needed

I just started reading Peterson's new book.

36695178.jpg

On Thanatos' point about some of his perspectives being controversial, there are elements of this book that, if the reader is unable to understand the context of the material in discussion, they'll simply apply that language to male/female and have a conniption fit. Nevertheless, it is brilliant writing, and I encourage everybody to buy this book.

I'm not sure you understand what controversial means. It doesn't mean wrong, merely that people are going to be on both sides of the things he says.

• Upvote 1

To me controversial is contradictory to public consensus, regardless of whether or not the public is correct.

Gotta love our PC culture. If we don't refer to fruitcakes as Xe or Xer we're practicing hate speech!

But referring them as fruitcakes is hate speech lol.

Not really lol. Hate speech produces violence against groups of people. Disagreeing with them, on the other hand, is not.

Not really lol. Hate speech produces violence against groups of people. Disagreeing with them, on the other hand, is not.

But you didn't just disagree with them you disagreed than went to personally attack by calling them "fruitcake".

Would you call a black person a jungle monkey or a native person a dirty engine?

So fucking funny you feel like people shouldn't be offended but yet in that same post you make an offensive remark.

"Hate speech is speech which attacks a person or group on the basis of attributes such as race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, or gender. ... A website which uses hate speech may be called a hate" that's a pretty broad definition but if I go up to a gay guy and call him a stupid fa**** or a fucking fruitcake that's hate speech wether or not my words entice violence or not.

Now I don't agree with with all this Xe stuff that's being passed and whatever but there is a reason why we are headed towards this and your post is just a little glimpse why.

• Upvote 1

You can't speak hatefully toward someone who thinks they have a condition that doesn't even exist. They aren't a group of people. They're individuals suffering from delusions.

• Downvote 2

Lol Sorry Dakota I'm not going along with this discussion any further. 2 cents before I go. Your definition of controversial is arrogant AF unless you don't know what the word means in general. It's also funny how Phil gets banned last night for Dropping "faggot" but yet you use fruitcakes and bigben plus 1 your post. Loltgp keep up the good work lmfao.

Edited by Turry
  • Upvote 1

Lol is fruitcake a slur now? Don't buy into the SJW nonsense. SJWs are intellectual terrorists

I've got no issue using their preferred pronoun of he or she in a public setting, but as for "they" and all the made up pronouns? Fuck off. Not gonna happen. I've heard bill C-16 even includes animal kin :rofl:

"I think I'm supposed to be a fox!"

"I think you've got some shit to sort out there, buddy."

Here's the thing. Fruitcake is an insult, and you are certainly free to insult people whether they deserve it or not. However when a word has a negative communal connotation in a society it's worth avoiding it in a public sector. I don't think any transgendered person I've ever met or talked to online deserves to be called a fruitcake, and most of the time they just will ask politely, or politely correct you on what they would be preferred to be called as. I see no reason not to acquiesce to someone's preferred word choice if they aren't being a militant bitch about it. There is no reason to be willfully ignorant.

The people who constantly push for this correct pronoun shit are these white knight champions of justice who feel the need to defend the minority by trampling on the majority. I'd have no problem calling that sort of person a fruitcake as an insult, because they insist on using classic gaslighting and other authoritarian tactics to get their way.

As for the current political climate... You cannot enforce word choice by law. People are allowed to have opinions, and they are allowed to offend other human beings. It may be stupid of them, but they are free to do so. And there is a wide swath of difference between referring to a transgendered person by the wrong pronoun, and telling a transgendered person that they're delusional and insane because they don't fit into society because of their base nature.

One of the best posts I've ever read about this entire topic. I sincerely thank you for writing it. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Lol is fruitcake a slur now? Don't buy into the SJW nonsense. SJWs are intellectual terrorists

fruitcake has been an offensive term towards homosexuals for years? More so back in the day. Anyways razors post hit it out of the park. It's not buying into SJW nonsense it's just called being a decent human being.

Edited by Turry
  • Upvote 1

But also knowing that you can't literally force people to speak a certain way.

But also knowing that you can't literally force people to speak a certain way.

My biggest problem with beware is that ya he reads what Petersons says but he does not understand clearly since he made a post like that. I really disagree with bill whatever straight up censorship to a weird degree but there is a reason why it was introduced and got passed to begin with.

At the end of the day I really don't care what people say or do. Just merely pointing out how backwards ass his post was.

• Upvote 1

I disagree. If we don't stand up angrily to this nonsense you can't expect our world to not lose more and more freedoms because of stupid legislation.

I remember when I was a kid my grandpa used to use the term fruitcake to mean crazy. It is like that in other places as well. I am not sure when it turned into a homophobic thing. Maybe gay=crazy in some people's mind I dont know. I dont think that is what Bware was saying, but I am not going to say what eh meant because I dont know, but I have my guesses.

I do agree C-16 is retarded, and to quote Jordan Peterson," It is a Marxist ideologue in play"

Also as a follow up, here is the whole Joe Rogan Podcast where he talks about his rebuttal and feelings on teh whole situation. If you have a whole 2 and 1/2 hour to kill it is awesome.

Edited by Omerta

See the thing is, Jordan Peterson does have some views I disagree with, but the way he speaks and the way he addresses things he is clearly simply fighting for people's rights. He is not doing it because he wants to get angry like Bware is saying you have to, and he's certainly not going to call someone a fruitcake to their face, he just thinks policing speech is stupid- which it is.

Yet some people take his views and think he's giving them carte blanche to insult people by calling them names, intentionally misgendering them or whatever. I think Peterson would call that person an asshole, he just doesn't think you should be jailed for being an asshole.

And this is part of the reason why the left hates him so much, because nowadays they tend to lump anyone's followers in with that person and say they have responsibility as to what their followers do. Which, yes, if they are inciting to violence, they clearly do, but if people are just not understanding what they are saying, they absolutely do not.

I was using it in the crazy sense that Ngata is referring to, because it is crazy to make up pronouns in the first fucking place. And it was indeed poor word choice, but I wouldn't have used it in public. C-16 is crazy. Compelled speech is crazy. The source of all of these things is crazy, but instead of calling a spade a spade, let's pretend that their delusion doesn't exist and that these are people who are functioning correctly and are perfectly healthy. Let's make special rules and pretend we actually, honestly believe that there's truth in what the minds of these individuals are telling them.

Or how about we either admit them into institutions or enter them into therapy with public funds? I'd be fine if my taxpayer dollars helped these people. Acceptance won't do a fucking thing because acceptance of an untruth is one of the most dangerous things we can partake in as a society.