Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

'18-'19 NBA Season Thread

Damn, this was an active thread last year let's start it off. 

Lots of people are killing Brett Brown for starting Fultz but he has talent. I think his coach and team mates showing faith in him is his best chance to realize his potential at this point. Nobody is beating GS this year anyway, let's be real. 

This draft class has been great so far. Doncic and Ayton are gonna be total studs. 

Wonder if teams like the Mavs, Jazz and Nuggets will be able to overtake some of the older teams in the West.

The Nuggets and Jazz are 100% contenders to lose in the conference finals to the Warriors this year. I think Dallas is a few years away though. 

Now that Dallas has Smith and Doncic they're going to be serious players in both the trade market and free agency but yeah they're young still.

I like Covington and Saric both. They'll make the Wolves better just off being unselfish players. Butler helps the Sixers as a reliable shot Creator and scorer to go with Embiid and he's a willing and very capable defender. Butler is a little bit of a head are but I like getting him with something to prove and something to play for. Even if the Sixers don't re-sign Butler, they freed up a lot of cash to make big moves in free agency. Good move by both teams imo. They also held onto that Heat future first.

Edited by seanbrock

I think it's a great trade for the Sixers, and give them that key third option to fight against the top teams in the East. I'm really excited to see which team will end up being sacrificial lambs to the Warriors dynasty.

On 11/11/2018 at 4:05 AM, RazorStar said:

I think it's a great trade for the Sixers, and give them that key third option to fight against the top teams in the East. I'm really excited to see which team will end up being sacrificial lambs to the Warriors dynasty.

Do you think the Eastern Conference champion banner would actually count for something then in this context? Got some squads forming in the East for sure.

Philly gave up a lot of shooting with the Butler trade but it sounds like they'll be getting some of it back by trading for korver.