GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Probably not going to see a new movie until next Tuesday... It's Riddick time. Although Grandmaster REALLY intrigues me.

Oblivion. Way better than I expected.

My son stood me up for Riddick tonight, he wanted to go watch a HS football game with his GF. The little fuck :D. Can't wait to see it tomorrow.

The Act of Killing 8/10. Very uncomfortable movie, but worth it.

I watched A Haunted House on Netflix. It had it's moments but relied on the same jokes over and over. Id give it like a 5/10, maybe a 6/10 if I were high lol.

I just saw Riddick, bad-ass at times, but I have a hard time taking Vin Diesel serious.

I liked Riddick.. Although I didn't realize there were so many cheesy one liners in these movies... It's been a long time since I have seen this. ha.

The World's End - 7/10 - Not bad but wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped for. Still funny brit comedy. Not even close to as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz.

• Upvote 1

The World's End - 7/10 - Not bad but wasn't nearly as good as I'd hoped for. Still funny brit comedy. Not even close to as good as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz.

Felt the same way. Was massively disappointed. Overall, still not bad... But, was expecting so much more.

Oblivion. Way better than I expected.

Yeah that movie was great. I enjoyed it.

Watched For a Few Dollars More and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly today.

I think I'm in the minority, but I like FaFDM more than TG,TB,aTU. The audio's worse in Dollars (the gunshots are laughable), but there's something about the characters and the story that I really like, moreso than in TG,TB,aTU.

I finally saw Hangover 3 today. Better job with the plot, but in the end it was a comedy that failed to produce laughs and the few laughs it had still felt old and stale. The first movie is one of my all time favorite comedies but they got greedy trying to squeeze money out of it and gave us two turds. This movie gets a 5/10 for me. I did like the after credits scene though.

Don Jon-7/10

Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Scarlett Johansson are a great team in this movie.

Gravity. Don't think I've ever seen a movie so terrifying in such an awe-inspiring way. Don't wait for Netflix; see it in theaters on the big screen.

Bad Santa

• Upvote 1

Gravity. Don't think I've ever seen a movie so terrifying in such an awe-inspiring way. Don't wait for Netflix; see it in theaters on the big screen.

I questioned how good that movie really could be. Floating aimlessly in space has to be the most scariest, hopeless, and cruelest fate ever. What would you rate it 1-10?

I questioned how good that movie really could be. Floating aimlessly in space has to be the most scariest, hopeless, and cruelest fate ever. What would you rate it 1-10?

I haven't seen it, but I always check with Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic (used to check Roger Ebert's column, RIP) to see if a movie is worth seeing or not. Sometimes I heartily disagree with bad or even high ratings, but it's pretty hard to argue with the 96% approval ratings Gravity has on RT*. I'm hoping to see it this weekend.

*last time I checked, which was several days ago

Gravity was much better than I expected it to be. Although I wish there was more George Clooney. Also, the trailing is kind of misleading. Watching it, I just figured Sandra Bullock was doing flips in space for an endless period of time. While it is definitely a survival kind of film, that isn't exactly all there is to it. Thank goodness. Lmao.

I questioned how good that movie really could be. Floating aimlessly in space has to be the most scariest, hopeless, and cruelestfate ever. What would you rate it 1-10?

We watched both Gravity and Prisoners this past Saturday. Such an indomitably terrifying pair of movies. Surviving in space and having your child kidnapped are now (if they weren't already) at the top of my "fuuuuuuuck that shit" list.

Gravity. I loved it, my heart was pounding from the moment the accident happened until bout 20 minutes after the film ended. I am not sure I have ever had a movie do that to me before.

Pacific Rim.

Eh. Wasn't awful, but could've been much better. Elba and Perlman were good, but for a movie that involves giant fighting robots, you gotta have more variety. Something akin to IM3 would've been preferable. It also would've been nice to not

destroy most of the other Jaegers in the span of 15 or so minutes

Also, is Charlie Day this annoying on Always Sunny too? Man...

The Fifth Estate. Really loved it.

World War Z. Sufficient movie, but there were a few parts that were super unnecessary and added nothing. Like, they were put in as an excuse to add suspense. I hate when movies do that. It was also really sudden, IMO.

I'll give it a 7/10. People told me it was supposed to be scary? Not at all. It seemed like more of an adventure/action flick than a horror film.