GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Dallas Buyers Club.

Absolutely, positively brilliant. Must see. Go, and soon. Go!

Delivery Man.

Blah. Interesting premise, not nearly as funny is it was billed.

Casting of the two leads has already killed this movie.

It's so pretty though.

I was generally very interested until I saw a pair of no-talent leads. :laugh:

Saw Catching Fire last night. While I felt it was drawn out here and there during the first hour, it was no less entertaining than the first film, and set up the third (and fourth) film well.

In other news, Christopher Nolan's next movie, Interstellar, has a teaser trailer out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyc6RJEEe0U

Saw Catching Fire last night. While I felt it was drawn out here and there during the first hour, it was no less entertaining than the first film, and set up the third (and fourth) film well.

In other news, Christopher Nolan's next movie, Interstellar, has a teaser trailer out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyc6RJEEe0U

Matthew McConaughey has slowly changed my opinion of him. He's been doing some good work.

Edited by SteelersNation36
  • Upvote 1

Despicable Me 2 and F&F 6.

Despicable Me 2: Kinda weird saying this for an animated movie, but Gru's love interest ruins the movie. I can't help but feel that it'd be a much better movie with that character either eliminated completely or had its design changed. I liked pretty much everything else in the movie besides that. Oh, and

purple minions > yellow minions

F&F 6: An entertaining, if not absurd film. Really weird seeing this now that Paul Walker is dead. Judging from the end of 6, Fast 7 could be really interesting, though I'm really curious to see what they do with Walker's character.

Most recent thing I have heard about FF7 is that they approached Paul's brother to fill in and do the rest of the movie. Although I am not entirely sure how accurate that is.

paul-cody-walker-480x360.jpg

The Descendants. Pretty damn good movie, quite sad.

• Upvote 1

The Descendants. Pretty damn good movie, quite sad.

Awesome movie. Started watching cus that chick who plays his oldest daughter is unbelievably hot, finished the movie cus its an awesome movie. Love his interactions with their 'friends'.

The Hobbit (2)

I liked it a lot. I would say a general step above the 1st installment. However, it is strong and weak in the same areas as the first was.

It really suffers from one maybe two things in my mind. One is that it has a make-shift antagonist. In the first it was the Pale Orc, who wasn't even really in the book, who they had to fluff up a little to create a conflict. In DoS there was more of that villain in Smaug but it wasn't a consistent kind of thing. And Sauron is obviously getting stronger, but doesn't really pose a direct threat until the very end (as does Smaug).

The other is just how they have been ending these movies...Just kind of a dick way to end, IMO. There really is little climax or resolution and mostly all building action.

But I guess that, as well as my other complaint really comes down to the fact that they split one book into 3 movies....

Reservoir+Dogs+(1992)+France+3+Disc+DVD.:rock:

• Upvote 1

Anchorman 2.. Very funny and probably has the biggest, most awesome group of cameos ever.

Recently I've seen...

Frozen - 7/10 - cool kids movie I guess, the songs weren't all that good for Idina Menzel being in it. Kristen Bell can really sing though. Some pretty awesome animation moments.

Catching Fire - 9/10 - Liked it even more than the first one actually. May even go see it again. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was excellent. He could play an old jewish mother and be believable. As always :wub: JLaw

Jack the Giant Slayer - 8/10 - Another cool movie I forgot about till it was on HBO. Love the portayal of giants as just scaled up humans, fast and athletic. I like the kid from Warm Bodies and Xmen first class, can't remember his name off the top of my head.

Gravity - 7/10 - Not sure why it was THAT hyped, but it was still pretty good overall. I would have probably just let myself die in those situations, but I'm no Sandra Bullock.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Bad Boys II. Probably one of the few people who really enjoys this movie genuinely. Prefer it to the original in fact.

Pretty good action and some funny stuff in there.

R.I.P.D.: Pretty lame, but Jeff Bridges.

The Frozen Ground: Some actual acting from Nicholas Cage that wasn't terrible. Cliché at times but for a first time director not bad at all. Acting from Cusack and Vanessa Hudgens was very good. There's a lot of serial killer movies out there and this would fall in the upper mid range.

Man of Steel: Fell asleep.

but...Seasons....

Anchorman 2.

Liked it much better than the first. Ron's great. I thought we needed more Brick, not less. Outside of those two though, the rest of the big four are lacking. Brian is just....there, and the movie would actually be better off if Champ Kind's character didn't even exist. The film lost me during the last few minutes though. All the cameos were great (never would've expected who showed up), but it seems so out of place. I know it's a callback to the first film, but it didn't sit well with me. Plus, I just couldn't deal with the absurdity that follows. Perhaps if the entire film was like it I could deal, but not like this. Still though, I'd give it an 8/10. I was amused, and that's the whole point of the movie.

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. I loved it, especially after how incredibly disappointing the first movie was. I thought they did a fantastic job really letting us see the dragon and how they didn't pussify him at all. I will admit that I was concerned that he didn't show up until the last 40 minutes of the movie.

• Upvote 1

The Santa Clause.

Anchorman 2.

Liked it much better than the first. Ron's great. I thought we needed more Brick, not less. Outside of those two though, the rest of the big four are lacking. Brian is just....there, and the movie would actually be better off if Champ Kind's character didn't even exist. The film lost me during the last few minutes though. All the cameos were great (never would've expected who showed up), but it seems so out of place. I know it's a callback to the first film, but it didn't sit well with me. Plus, I just couldn't deal with the absurdity that follows. Perhaps if the entire film was like it I could deal, but not like this. Still though, I'd give it an 8/10. I was amused, and that's the whole point of the movie.

Essentially agree with everything except Brick.

I thought they tried way too hard to make Brick funny, but I still laughed at most of the things he said. There were moments (like in the mobile home) where his laughing just seemed like a forced attempt to make him funny. I loathed the relationship thing he had going on with the one chick. Also, did you hate whenever the kid opened his mouth? That was the worst part of the movie for me...

8.5/10 for me.

Seeing Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug tomorrow.