GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

Minority Report.

Still one of my favorite and best sci-fi movies I've ever seen. Everytime it's on somewhere I can't help but to watch the entire thing and I enjoy it like its the first time.

• Upvote 1

Just got and watched The Fighter from Netflix last night. I might be alone, but I didn't find the movie to be as amazing as people claim. It was good, sure. But nothing outstanding. It definitely wasn't an action/sports movie, because the only boxing there was, was all fats forwarded to the 4th round or whatever and you see a few punches thrown where he gets the KO. And if it's a drama based on Wahlberg's character, you wouldn't know it. The movie seemingly deals with all of Christian Bale's messes, failures, successes, and what not. Bale was awesome, btw.

Tron: Legacy

I'm impressed. I was expecting Avatar 2.0, but this was actually pretty good. Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde FTW.

Tron: Legacy

I'm impressed. I was expecting Avatar 2.0, but this was actually pretty good. Jeff Bridges and Olivia Wilde FTW.

Daft Punk FTW too :D

Fast Five

Okay, remember that this is part of the Fast & Furious series..

I enjoyed it. Easily the best of the group. It had bits and pieces of all movie types; romance, comedy, tragedy, action. The roles were horrible but the plot was much more believable than previous. They brought in all the best parts of the past movies to put this to rest in a huge way, plus they brought in some pretty cute girls to make up for not showcasing the cars as much as usual.

Toy Story 3

Wish I had never watched it. It's like they made it so you would hate it. That's all I can say.

Thor

The trailers looked... gay, and mega lame. But the movie turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be. I very much enjoyed it. Some of the dialogue was a little overly-cheesy... But it's a comic book movie, not sure what you can expect. There are also a lot of geeky Easter Eggs throughout the movie for comic fans to try and pick up on. Granted... I am a non-comic reader, but that's coming from a friend of mine who has read this comic and many others. I'd definitely recommend it.

Sorcerer's Apprentice

Can't believe I am admitting to watching this. The trailers looked awful, as do most Nic Cage movies these days. but it was released on Netflix Instant and decided that it couldn't be THAT bad. But I was wrong... It was worse. Do not watch this.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

The movie wasn't awful... And I can see why people would enjoy it. It is very stylized and... unique. But honestly, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Plus, I can't stand Michael Cera.

Buried

I am not sure how they got a movie like this to work, honestly. One actor (other actors are in the movie, but their voices only) buried under ground in a coffin / wood box. The location never changes... 90 minutes in a wooden box with Ryan Reynolds. I mean... nothing is going on the entire movie... but they extend nothing for 90 minutes. Great script... and outstanding acting by Ryan Reynolds make this movie above average and worth your time.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Green Hornet - better than I'd expected

Little Fockers - about as bad as I'd expected.

Marky Mark tends to do that a lot.

Not nearly as much as he steals every scene he's in.

The Other Guys. Watching the trailer it seems like this movie has a lot of potential, and it does, but it never quite follows through. It's a really good spoof of the buddy cop sub-genre, but there aren't many laughs to be had. And for a comedy, that's a problem. Any time there was a good joke, the movie just threw it back at you again and again until it was completely worn out. Good satire, bad comedy. 5/10.

Edited by SteVo

Thor. Much better than I expected, almost as good as I hoped. 8/10

Bridesmaids

I guess i am getting into chick flicks recently... lol :sigh:

Don't let the title or plot scare you away fellas. Bridesmaids is a decent to good comedy with a lot of great laughs from start to finish. A pretty darn good script for a comedy. The biggest issue with Bridesmaids is the pacing. One second its fast paced, action packed and joke laced. At others it's slow and too serious for it's own good. During some of the slower portion toward the end you are just asking Bridesmaids to either deliver another punchline, or deliver the end of the movie via the credits

John Carpenter's Vampires.

Always had a thing for this film.

Paranormal Activity. I'll never see it again, but I totally loved it. So refreshing to see a horror film that employs quiet suspense as opposed to relying on excessive blood and violence. I also loved how the film managed to keep things escalating and keep the suspense mounting right up until the very last second. Awesome.

Blade 2 - Not as good as I remembered it, when it was new.

The Experiment starring Adrien Brody and Forrest Whitaker. The concept of the movie is based on Philip Zimbardo's 1971 Stanford University Prison Experiment in which test subjects were given the role of either being a prisoner or a prison guard, and how taking on these certain roles affected their personality. Being someone who has taken numerous courses in Psychology and Sociology I really enjoyed this film, but I'm not sure if everyone else would feel the same. Whitaker puts on an amazing performance, and you really grow a hatred for his character in shock of the crazy monster that he becomes. If you're into psychological thrillers I'd definitely recommend this movie for you if you've got some time to kill.

• Upvote 1

Uncle Buck.

Priest. Not horrible, but nothing to get excited about. I kind of hated the "monster" vampires, but they kind of explained why the vamps were like that. Kind of.