GA_Eagle

What was the last movie you watched?

just got back from Jurassic World, it was awesome

Jurassic World was indeed good. Solid movie but I would have to say it's 3rd best in the franchise with Jurassic Park 3 at the very bottom and 1 & 2 on top in that ordeR. Very exciting movie.

The only thing I've seen Pratt in is Parks and Rec so it was strange seeing him as a badass, but he pulled it off. Really enjoyed it, not as good as the original Jurassic Park but I'd slot it at #2 or #3. Some of the dialogue was really corny but kinda funny. Lots of action and some funny moments sprinkled in. It sort of was a mix between Godzilla/Jurassic Park.

One thing though. They should have had subtitles when Irrfan Khan's character was speaking. I didn't understand one word he said the entire movie. :yao: Really pissed me off.

I went in with low expectations but overall was very pleased. Enjoyable film.

Edited by BradyFan81

Jurassic World was fun, a lot of fun. Not one of the best movies I've ever seen, but worth seeing.

Love and Honor.

Fiancee forced me to watch it on Netflix since I had picked the last few movies. Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 13%, but I enjoyed it lol. I've been disagreeing with RT a lot lately.

Jurassic World.

Going in a I had really low expectations. I came out mildly impressed.

- I realize they played a TINY part in the movie, so this isnt' a big deal. But the parents of the two kids were HORRIBLE. Some of the worst acting I have ever seen, especially the mom. Please... Please stop.

- Also an insignificant complaint... I hated the Jimmy Fallon plug. Love him as a late night host, but they forced that bit into the movie.. and for me. It didn't work at all. Didn't fit in, seemed totally random, not funny.

- We talked about this in Godzilla.. but humans in movies like these just generally suck. Human 'bad guy' Hoskins was ridiculously bad. This is the same dude who played Kingpin in Daredevil.. he gained so much respect from me as an actor and then he lost it all. Horrible writing, horriblw acting. Gross.

- Chris Pratt was better than I expected. Much better. And the kids didn't totally drag down the movie, as they sometimes like to do. Although and this is a recurring theme... Gray (younger bro) is a pretty bad actor. Like noticeably bad. lol. Still didn't think it hurt the overall movie too much though.

- The dinosaurs were bad ass. Some of the camera shots they got of the island, the park, the dinos, etc were gorgeous. Really great atmosphere and they played it up very smarlty.

- Fight / Horror(?) / Death scenes were awesommmmmmme. Especially the final one. Oh man... So excited. Haha.

Overall, really fun movie. Pretty goofy / cheesy in a lot of areas, but a lot of fun... 7.5 / 10.

NOt sure where I want to put this in the ranking of JP movies. 1 is clearly #1. 3 is clearly #4. I am leaning towards putting this ahead of 2 as well as I wasn't really a fan but I might have to think about it some more.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

- We talked about this in Godzilla.. but humans in movies like these just generally suck. Human 'bad guy' Hoskins was ridiculously bad. This is the same dude who played Kingpin in Daredevil.. he gained so much respect from me as an actor and then he lost it all. Horrible writing, horriblw acting. Gross.

you gotta know what you're getting into, his entire job as an actor in that role was to make the audience want to see him get eaten, that's always the objective of the 'bad guy' in Jurassic Park movies, and he did that perfectly

I also found the Fallon bit somewhat amusing, though I think it would have been better if they'd gotten someone like Bill Nye or another actual scientist for the part, would have felt more genuine

Some comments towards JD's points since I can't quote for some reason.

-I recognized the kids' mom as the crazy lady who would keep flashing Michael in Arrested Development lol.
-The Jimmy Fallon thing is likely because Universal is owned by Comcast who is in love with Fallon at the moment. They are bringing him into the Universal Studios theme parks very soon in a similar kind of deal.
-I didn't even recognize Vincent D'Oonforio in this movie until after when I looked it up. He's definitely capable of better as seen in Daredevil.

Robin Williams' final film. So sad.

• Upvote 2

Let's Be Cops

Goofy, dumb buddy comedy that has some legit funny parts :yep: I thought it was gonna suck, and there are some cringe worthy cliches here and there but I was surprised at how many times I laughed.

Stand out line, "Look at that bald one. He looks super racist. Like he snores the "N" word at night." :lol:

4ppsK48.jpg

Can't wait.

I just realized Sunday is the 21st not 20th.... :yao:

Jurassic World was awesome. Most fun I've had at the movies in a while. The Mesosaur has always been my fav dino, so that helped. 8.5/10. Could've used some more easter eggs or an original cast cameo.

Just wondering, why does everyone dislike the 3rd one? There was some dumb stuff like his daughter being a gymnast, but I didn't think it was a bad flick at all. Sam Neil and Billy H Macy were on point.

Insidious 3 was eeehhh. I don't really get horror movies anymore. They more or less just gross me out. Had its moments though. 6/10

I don't know about Jurassic World...I mean I liked it but it seemingly wasn't all that it was hyped up to be. I saw it after a long day at work so maybe I wasn't in the right mindset to totally enjoy the movie.

Just watched Brick Mansions, had no clue what to expect but I loved it

Chappie: 5/10

Man this movie could have been right up there with Robocop, but it just turned into a very weird mess of a movie.

Was waiting for Jackman to turn into Wolverine the whole time to fight the robots...now that would have been a movie.

Jurassic World. I thought it was awesome. Highly entertaining, and pretty similar to Godzilla. Yeah, the bad guy was weak, but this movie's not for strong human characters, it's for dinosaur badassery. I didn't find Chris Pratt "training" the raptors to be 100% ridiculous, so the movie exceeded expectations there.

• Upvote 2

Pitch Perfect 2 - 7/10 - Not nearly as good as the first one, but there's plenty of funny moments. My man Keegan Michael Key plays a great part in it. The worst part is that it kind of revolves around a new character who truly cannot sing and took too much screen time away from Anna Kendrick and Brittany Snow :wub: Elizabeth Banks and John Higgins just kill me tho, so funny.

Jurassic World. I thought it was awesome. Highly entertaining, and pretty similar to Godzilla. Yeah, the bad guy was weak, but this movie's not for strong human characters, it's for dinosaur badassery. I didn't find Chris Pratt "training" the raptors to be 100% ridiculous, so the movie exceeded expectations there.

Pretty much my thoughts.

yep, what SteVo and Mav said, I heard the frankenstein dino reason and Andy training raptors wasn't as bad as you'd think so I did end up giving it a shot being everyone's seen it so now I'd be the dick who hasn't like with Braveheart and Saving Private Ryan and a few others that I still need to see. Enjoyed it :yep:

Chappie: 7/10

-Not even close to what I expected this movie to be, but I still enjoyed it very much.

American Sniper: 8/10

-Am I the only one who thought there would be a lot more sniping in this movie? Felt like there was more "run and gun" than sniping. :laugh:

Inside Out - 9/10 - Might be my favorite Pixar movie. A lot of people are going to relate to it. Jokes in there for the whole family.

Spy - 8.5/10 - Thought it was hysterical the whole way through. Jason Statham and Rose Byrne were surprisingly funny in their roles.

Mad Max: Fury Road - 6/10 - All of my senses told me this movie was terrible, but I couldn't help but kinda like it. There's not a ton of substance there, but there's something, and there's so much cool goofy shit in it that I got a kick out of. The guy playing guitar? lol. Where else is that crippled little guy with the telescope gonna find work? I also kinda liked the warboy stuff like 'witness me' and the chrome stuff.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

Inside Out. I don't know how Pixar does it, time and time again, but they do. They've had a lot of great movies, but this is probably their smartest yet, as you might expect from a film that takes place inside someone's head (literally). Go see immediately.

• Upvote 1

Ted 2 .. Just as hilarious if not more so than the first one. Lot's of toilet humor though, as should be expected. If you're too mature for that, stay far away.

watched Nightcrawler last night, it was interesting, definitely worth watching, but I'm not sure I'd watch it again, really creepy character for Jake Gyllenhall

The Loft: 8.5/10

Classic version of great material with poor execution. I feel like the timeline in which they tried to tell the story was a little confusing and would have made much more sense just starting from the beginning.

There are def some holes in the plot as you get towards the end, but some good twist and good scenes. I just thought the concept was so interesting, and a very very strong cast put together, but again the movie just wasn't put together in the right way

Edited by butta55
  • Downvote 1

Lol, sorry to say you're in the minority there.