Sign in to follow this  
Phins4life

Time Flies...

Welcome back, it has been a long time. Hope you stick around.

Welcome back! It has been a while. You should always just check-in every once in a while even if you don't think you'll be a regular poster. I remember you were definitely one of the better members when active. :yep:

You're probably snowed in like the rest of us around Seattle? Good time to come back :yep:

Welcome back.

Always a treat when old regulars come back. Hope you are well, dude, and good to see you.

13 hours ago, BC said:

You're probably snowed in like the rest of us around Seattle? Good time to come back :yep:

I wish.  I miss WA.  Been stationed in NJ for a little over a year now.  Middle of nowhere and 30 minutes from anywhere.  Let's just say I won't be retiring out here :lol:

My brother just got out of the Navy and was out in Washington . He too loves it out there, says he plans on staying for quite a while at the least — maybe forever. 

4 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

My brother just got out of the Navy and was out in Washington . He too loves it out there, says he plans on staying for quite a while at the least — maybe forever. 

It's pretty close to a retiree's paradise, at least in my opinion.  Beautiful scenery, decent medical facilities, prime real estate, community that generally loves their military.  It checks off a lot of boxes.  Just depends on how willing you are to tolerate a little rain.  Small price to pay. 

4 hours ago, Phins4life said:

It's pretty close to a retiree's paradise, at least in my opinion.  Beautiful scenery, decent medical facilities, prime real estate, community that generally loves their military.  It checks off a lot of boxes.  Just depends on how willing you are to tolerate a little rain.  Small price to pay. 

Well you also have to tolerate the Seahawks fans so that's a big ask.

1 hour ago, Thanatos said:

Well you also have to tolerate the Seahawks fans so that's a big ask.

To each their own.  Say what you want about the Mariners and Seahawks, but the fans are loyal and the atmosphere is pretty awesome.  Plus the Coast Guard station is only a few blocks away and they basically let vets park there for free if there's room.  I haven't been to any other stadiums to compare to, though. 

• Upvote 1