Phenomenal TJ

What Game Are You Currently Playing?

This has been out for a while now... Wondering if anyone has played it and can give me some insight?

Path of Exile.

If you wanted a Diablo III-esque game that stayed true to its predecessors, this is it. It is not a game that you can just hop into, however, as the skill tree is, well.

Let me post it. path-of-exile02.jpg

It has a unique twist on skills, and is definitely worth giving a shot if you like the Diablo/Torchlight genre.

Little more explanation:

I neglected to mention that it is entirely free.

The skill "galaxy map" as we have taken to calling it, is all about passive abilities. Every now and again you will run across what is known as a "keystone" ability, and this fundamentally changes the way your character does something.

For example: Blood Magic is a keystone ability, and it makes all skills use health instead of mana.

You can use multiple keystone abilities to negate the side effects of a keystone ability, for example:

Unyielding Strength makes it so that you cannot evade attacks, but you also cannot be stunned. Combine this with Iron Armor, which makes all evasion add to your armor class instead, and there is no downside to taking Unyielding Strength.

Active skills are acquired by placing a gem in a weapon or armor. That skill levels up the more times you use it, and is not class restricted at all. Nothing is class restricted, as a matter of fact, the only thing your class determines is where you start on the skill map.

Edit: Bolded part is actually false, it's more simple than that. If you have the gem for that skill slotted into an armor or weapon, every time you kill an enemy you progress towards leveling up that skill- regardless of what you used to kill the enemy, even if it was just a basic attack.

Really having lots of fun with this one.

Edited by Thanatos19

Definitely feeling the D2 influence.

As for Dark Souls, it's probably better that you don't like the co-op. Co-op ruins the challenge of the game, IMO.

Definitely feeling the D2 influence.

As for Dark Souls, it's probably better that you don't like the co-op. Co-op ruins the challenge of the game, IMO.

I could definitely see that. But being that I grinded enough to where the itself isn't a challenge really, just the design of it, I think coop would bring back some of the fun.

Another thing they can fix for Dark Souls II. A real coop difficulty multiplier. Again... Worst coop on any game I have ever played. :laugh:

Edited by Favre4Ever

Path of Exile.

If you wanted a Diablo III-esque game that stayed true to its predecessors, this is it. It is not a game that you can just hop into, however, as the skill tree is, well.

Let me post it. path-of-exile02.jpg

It has a unique twist on skills, and is definitely worth giving a shot if you like the Diablo/Torchlight genre.

Little more explanation:

I neglected to mention that it is entirely free.

The skill "galaxy map" as we have taken to calling it, is all about passive abilities. Every now and again you will run across what is known as a "keystone" ability, and this fundamentally changes the way your character does something.

For example: Blood Magic is a keystone ability, and it makes all skills use health instead of mana.

You can use multiple keystone abilities to negate the side effects of a keystone ability, for example:

Unyielding Strength makes it so that you cannot evade attacks, but you also cannot be stunned. Combine this with Iron Armor, which makes all evasion add to your armor class instead, and there is no downside to taking Unyielding Strength.

Active skills are acquired by placing a gem in a weapon or armor. That skill levels up the more times you use it, and is not class restricted at all. Nothing is class restricted, as a matter of fact, the only thing your class determines is where you start on the skill map.

Edit: Bolded part is actually false, it's more simple than that. If you have the gem for that skill slotted into an armor or weapon, every time you kill an enemy you progress towards leveling up that skill- regardless of what you used to kill the enemy, even if it was just a basic attack.

Really having lots of fun with this one.

Didn't read the entire post but that looks very similar to the FFX sphere grid system.

Didn't read the entire post but that looks very similar to the FFX sphere grid system.

Fuck yaaaaaa

Q-boost-sg-mini.jpg

Been playing madden. Never buy a cheap controller, the deadzone on the PS3 controllers are awful and it really limits your stick skills. Had to go buy a real sony controller.

Just beat Assassin's Creed 3. Game was awesome, the ending was lame (for both Connor and Desmond) IMO, but it doesn't take away from the gameplay. I had a hard time getting into it early on with all the Haytham stuff, but once you got to Connor, the game just became epic as hell to play. I enjoyed playing through some of the most memorable moments in American history too. I hope more AC games are coming, obviously with new characters, but I'd like to see the influence the Assassins and Templars made throughout history. It is a pretty neat little story they were able to make.

I am really struggling with the decision to buy Skyrim on PC. I don't want to buy it because I've done mostly everything there is to do between my Xbox and then my brothers account when he still lived a little closer... But he has also delved into creating dungeons and maps, which I LOVED to do in DF Black Hawk Down a number of years ago. I just don't know... :think:

Don't wanna double post, but I am going to anyways. :p

Finally got back to FF XIII-2, and it made me realize all over again why I like this series so much. I just love the art, the animations, the characters. It's not a perfect game by any stretch. Far from it actually with it's lame time line story BS and arguably the worst character in any FF game ever (mog). But it is games like this that I truly love to play.

Now let's see if I can actually progress a little before getting sidetracked again.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/29/miyazaki-dark-souls-shouldnt-have-multiple-sequels?abthid=5107c5ba60224f2f79000052

The director of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls has explained that he wouldn't want to see many more entries in the franchise, as it's "not the point" of the series.

In an interview with EDGE, Hidetaka Miyazaki revealed he didn't want a bloated series to spawn from his past work, though he did give Dark Souls II his blessing.

"I [wouldn't] really care for Dark Souls VIII to come out. That's not the point," he explained. "It's more, 'What do the fans want?' We want to stay true to what they expect."

Miyazaki went on to admit he is a little regretful about not being as involved in the development of Dark Souls II as he was with its predecessors, but suggested it was time for some new blood to come in and help the series evolve. This time around, he's adopting a supervisor role, meaning he won't be involved in actual development.

"I'm not one to restrict the potential that Dark Souls has by insisting that only I can work on the titles," he explained.

"I want new expressions. It's true that I'm sad about not being involved in the development of Dark Souls II, because I've worked on Demon's Souls and Dark Souls' development for the past five years. I really love those two titles; however, maybe this is the time to have new inspiration, so I'm fine about that.

"I'm looking forward to playing Dark Souls II not as part of the development team, but with a little bit of distance. Everybody knows what the core of Dark Souls is – the dev team does, the fans do, the media does – and that will never change."

Dark Souls II is currently in development with no firm release date, though it's looking like we may not see it before 2014. Miyazaki, meanwhile, is hard at work on a brand new title, though little is known about just what this could be.

Edited by Vin

Do not watch the Heart of the Swarm trailer if you haven't played SC2, (duh).

Edited by Thanatos19

Back to Fallout 3. Decided to try and run through Broken Steel despite the fact that I've heard that it's nearly impossible to do with a save file over 10MB due to freezing issues. I got about half way through the final mission in Broken Steel before I started having problems.

I read a bunch of tips and ended up deleting a ton of save files (went from 74 to 17) and also "waited" in game for 2 weeks, which in Bethesda games apparently resets shit around the world. After doing both of those I was able to get near the end of the mission without having another freezing problem. Haven't finished it yet.

So I finished Broken Steel and then decided to take this Level 15 save from years ago to get him to 20 to get the "Reach Level 20 with Good/Neutra/Bad Karma" trophis. Took forever. Also finally got the "You Gotta' Shoot 'Em in the Head!" mission trophy, so now all I have left is to get my new Level 2 character from 2 to 14 with Neutral and Bad Karma at Levels 8 and 14 for the final four trophies for Platinum.

I've also noticed that I can probably Platinum Madden 11 and 12 really easily, so now I'm one trophy away on 11 and a few away on 12.

Completely forgot about Bioshock Infinite. Definitely looking forward to that one.

Am once again hooked on Kingdom Hearts...

Back on Halo... Finally managed to put my KD spread over 1 after my roommate destroyed it...

Why you so doo doo, brah?

Final Fantasy 12, with an enforced class system challenge, since I can't get the IZJS patch.

Vaan - Thief (Daggers, shields 4, light armor, no magic, can use all items)

Penelo - Red Mage (White, Black, Green, Time and Arcane magic to level 5, Swords, Rods, Staves, Mystic and Heavy Armor, no technicks, no items)

Balthier - Gunner (Guns, Light Armor, can use all items, no magic, no accessories)

Basch - Time Mage (Rods, Staves, Mystic Armor, All Time Magic, can't use items)

Fran - Paladin (White Magic up to 5, Green Magic up to 2, Decoy, Heavy Armor, Swords, Shields, no items)

Ashe - Dragoon (Swords 1, Spears, Heavy Armor, Telekinesis, can use recovery items)

Use of quickenings are banned, but every character can get 2, and Penelo and Basch can get 3 to increase their MP pool. Licenses that don't fall under these categories can be obtained only if they are needed to get a license the character needs. (Like Ashe needing Swords 1 to get Spears for example, or Basch picking up Black Magic 1 to get Time Magic)

No quickenings and limited item use? Hope you get to put the ATB on wait at least.

GTA V has been pushed back to mid-September. Fucking hell.