Vin

The Walking Dead

I'm extremely sad that

Herschel was killed off as he was my favorite character, but I couldn't think of a better way for him to go. The smile he gave Rick when Rick offered the Govenor peace was as if he finally saw Rick as a good man and one that could lead people in the right path during these times. R.I.P. Herschel. :(

Hershel has always seen Rick as the good guy, the salvation of the group, etc... Don't you think? He kind of goes out of his way to almost mentor and steer him down a certain path, trying to extract the potential... The final moment, to me, was more of a confirmation than it was Hershel realize something he hadn't before.

I wonder how much would be lost if you jumped right from the end of season 2 directly to season 4. Seems like everything that was done in season 3 got undone in season 4. I must say, I wasn't at first, but I'm actually looking forward to the spin off. It'll be nice to not have the comic as source material, as well as not having people whine and complain when things don't happen exactly like they did in the comics.

At least the second half should ve good if they can avoid cluttering it up. I think you got the Rick/Carl group, bus group, Tyreese and the girls, and Beth/Daryl. Unless they take the easy way out and have everyone meet up right away, it could be interesting.

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

Well. I'm gonna miss the governor.

I kinda wanted him to kill everyone again.

All the people I liked are dead.

I wonder how much would be lost if you jumped right from the end of season 2 directly to season 4. Seems like everything that was done in season 3 got undone in season 4. I must say, I wasn't at first, but I'm actually looking forward to the spin off. It'll be nice to not have the comic as source material, as well as not having people whine and complain when things don't happen exactly like they did in the comics.

At least the second half should ve good if they can avoid cluttering it up. I think you got the Rick/Carl group, bus group, Tyreese and the girls, and Beth/Daryl. Unless they take the easy way out and have everyone meet up right away, it could be interesting.

That's a big question I have... TWD is notorious for passing time without actually letting the audience know about it. What happens when the show comes back in February and everyone has been split up for 6 months and they meet up in the 1st or 2nd episode? That'd be horrible... lol. Not saying they will do it, because it would be a good waste of a half season to get everyone back together -- a lot like the big waste of time it was looking for Sophia before coming across the farm.

We desperately need more Daryl, Michonne, and Tyrese.

IMO... The show is too much about getting to the next big confrontation and not enough about what happens in between. These are all people with stories to tell, and the writers are just looking for cheap thrills.

Call me crazy, but I want more than a zombie killing show.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Definietly need more of Tyrese killing things with a hammer. :yep:

And I still hate the Sophia arc...

Episode 1: Sophia ran away.

Episode 2 : WHERE'S SOPHIA

Episode 3 : WHERE'S SOPHIA

Episode 4 : WHERE'S SOPHIA

Episode 5 : WHERE'S SOPHIA

Episode 6 : WHERE'S SOPHIA

Episode 7 : loljk She was here the whole time.

I would also agree that the focus needs to be more on the characters, but with as big as this show is now, and the fact that people have complained about things being too slow and boring this season (last episode not included, and even though the ratings don't indicate it either), I don't think there's going to be much of a shift from the gratuitous zombie killin'. On the bright side, at least we're getting cool, if not improbable, zombie killin' moments.

walkingbullshitxhc8h.gif

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 1

^ Lmao. That was almost my exact reaction after seeing that.

I'm excited for..

This Abraham character, only because of the fact he's being played by Michael Cuditz, who was incredible in SouthLAnd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqohbjlrfIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLqYJ_26v7Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ick6BNhZjtI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHBhPQIx_Y

• Upvote 1

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Morgan!

Also, I thought i posted this but maybe I forgot to send it or something. You are right on the death scenes. The actual killing of people and walkers has gotten a lot cooler. I will give the show credit for that.

I totally hate the Dragonball Z season template the show follows as well. Action, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Talk, Action. Namek was supposed to blow up 7 episodes ago, dude. There was a lot of illogical stuff in the last episode, but it was still really good. If they would've lined the inside of the exterior fence with buses and junk like I told them too the tank wouldn't have been a problem. But then Daryl couldn't have thrown a grenade in it, cus you know you just leave the breach hang open like that.

A tank really didn't do shit for the guys in Episode 1. Sam Whitwer was still a zombie.

• Upvote 1

That is exactly what I did (jumped from season 2 to season 4) and while I feel lost in some respects (like what happened in Woodbury), I don't feel like I lost too much.

• Upvote 1

Well the governor is going to be nothing compared to some of the characters in TWD. Hopefully the meet someone them and more killings come. I would like to see more shocking deaths of bigger characters.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Vampire-Diaries-Following-Modern-Family-1074167.aspx

Thanks for the scoop on The Walking Dead. More, please! — Paula

NATALIE: I pumped Robert Kirkman for some scoop on the second half of the season and he offered up three interesting tidbits: 1) Carol will definitely return before the end of the season; 2) The Sanctuary, which was discussed in that radio message, will come into play; and 3) Via flashbacks, there will be glimpses into the lives of our favorite characters, likely including Michonne to get an answer about this.

That is exactly what I did (jumped from season 2 to season 4) and while I feel lost in some respects (like what happened in Woodbury), I don't feel like I lost too much.

Andrea was a whore and died, lol

I've had the last 4-5 episodes saved on my DVR for awhile, and the girlfriend and I finally binge watched them last night. I'll try to consolidate my thoughts as best I can...

The return of The Governor made this show 10 times better, even if it was a little uneven that we went almost two whole episodes without seeing the prison at all. However, I feel like all the time they spent humanizing him ended up being pointless when he ultimately returned to the murderous Governor we all know.

But even despite this, the shootout at the prison was intense and awesome. Rick's speech beforehand was great. Not sure how I feel about the little girls shooting people in the head, but at least Carol's influence is still being felt on the show, I guess. I was sad The Governor died (more on that in a second), but if he was going to go, seeing Michonne slice him was the best way to do it.

Overall, I think that episode felt more like a season finale than the season 3 finale did. All the Woodbury vs. prison tension should have been resolved like this a long time ago. It's too bad that the show's best villain was brought back and killed off so quickly, but now we finally have a chance to get back to something of the show's roots; I prefer the group to be "on the road," so to speak, rather than tied to one particular setting.

I'm curious about the new episodes in February, but not exactly counting the minutes until they get here.

Why the hell did they kill of Lil' Ass Kicka

I don't think they did. Robert Kirkman never confirmed it, saying only "Well, there's a lot of blood in the car seat...

I haven't watched this season yet, but I have heard about some of the deaths, and I must say...one in particular (Herschel) makes no sense to me, not only for its lack of necessity, but for it's...brutality. I understand that this show is about the "state of our world in this scenario," but come the fuck on. He's a bullet to the head in actual comics. I don't understand why that wouldn't have sufficed.

The only reason I know about this death though I haven't watched the new season yet is because some bitch put a picture on Facebook of Hershel with his throat slashed. Not to be a spoiler, but to make a Harry Potter joke about "How can you be nearly headless?" I can't believe the fucking bitch posted it. I'm upset.

At the same time, the graphic nature of his death is just beyond unnecessary. There's no way his daughters can cope with that, moving forward. Absolutely none, whatsoever. I don't care what "scenario" they're in, Maggie and...what is it, Beth?...would be practically useless moving forward in reality.

So with the show's need to be realistic in an unrealistic circumstance, I think they get a little ridiculous, from time to time.

A bullet would have sufficed. The death is no more impactful just because of the sword.

There's having the guts to kill off characters, and then there's disrespecting the character they've created by making an unnecessary spectacle of their death that provides no homage to the character, itself. Fucking pathetic, imo.

His character ran it's course... There really wasn't unexplored ground, IMO. And I think the brutality was not only intended, but gave the scene more meaning. Think of what he meant to the group... to Rick... And to go out like that, in front of everyone?

rickstarercdxe.gif

ibmznjWufyqD12.gif

• Upvote 2

Beginning was good. End was good. Everything in between was pretty weak.

I don't like episodes like this that only focus on 2-3 characters and leave everyone else out entirely (The Sopranos even did that from time to time), but after the craziness of the mid-season finale, I guess we can give the show a pass.

So I don't watch this show all that often, but how the fuck is cowboy kid not zombie food?