Vin

The Walking Dead

First episode was badass. The black and white flashback scenes were perfect and as close to a "comic" as the show could've gotten. I'm stoked that the story seems to be heading to an awesome part of the comics.

FTWD was pretty lame at first, but I thought it definitely picked up toward the last two and I started to enjoy it. Once they introduced Strand I was sold. Travis is still a cunt, though.

Man, I probably shouldn't read the comic then. I hated the black and white portions.. I understood why they had them in there. But I just felt like they were trying too hard to be artistic. I liked the episode as a whole though. And I like the little interactions between Morgan and Carol. That should be fun going forward.

Still not super impressed with FTWD. It did pick up towards the end, but I still don't really care for those characters. Strand is a bad ass though, for sure.

Yeah, the comics are solely in black and white.

I enjoyed the premiere. Hoping the "Wolves" turn out to be badass. We need another awesome group of antagonists. Terminius had so much potential, and then...meh.

Morgan needs to upgrade to a cane sword or something. That stick he's using feels so out of place.

I totally thought he was going to get shot by the lady in the room that Carol told to shoot anyone who tried to come in

Not really a spoiler but just in case. I also thought Morgan was going to die in that episode. Felt like they were kinda moving that way. Glad they didn't. So much blood and carnage but not (meaningful) deaths. Feels weird. Also, how many more members of the Alexandria are left :laugh: I feel like they just keep repopulating in between episodes.

See I think the Wolves have it right. If I were in a zombie apocalypse...fuck guns, I'm finding a machete or whatever and going to town. TWD is obviously unrealistic as far as aiming goes but yeah...melee is the way to go.

They better not kill Morgan off. His character has a ton of potential and he does an excellent job at portraying his role.

They were building up Morgan's return through an entire season. It would have been awful to kill him after two episodes, but it's not something I'd put past TWD.

For some reason I didn't get the same feeling that he was gonna die. I just feel like that was all to set-up the showdown eventually with him and Rick and Morgan's whole pacifism thing.

See I think the Wolves have it right. If I were in a zombie apocalypse...fuck guns, I'm finding a machete or whatever and going to town. TWD is obviously unrealistic as far as aiming goes but yeah...melee is the way to go.

It's a show based on a comic book... that's based on a Zombie apocalypse...........

Now that they just got done getting fucked up by the Wolves there's a massive hoard of zombies headed their way. That many of them could bring down the walls which they have yet to even finish building. Unless Rick and company can figure out a way to get them back on track some serious shit is about to go down.

I love Carol. I love how she was masquerading as little miss innocent Susie Homemaker, when she's really a smart, badass, stone cold killer (when necessary). The jig is up now, though.

There is literally 0 ways they can explain Glenn surviving the situation he's in.

There's also gonna be 0 ways they can explain Rick surviving if he doesn't bail that RV immediately and take off running.

That said, Rick is a fucking legend for that RV scene.

He survived being pinned under three walkers in last season's finale and somehow made it out. He's even got a meat shield for this one. It's a weird end, too, assuming he's gone, unless they Merle him, but who's gonna find him if they go that route?

And Rick is the best. Thought actually crossed my mind that he was gonna get captured by the first two, but nope.

Edited by Vin

He survived being pinned under three walkers in last season's finale and somehow made it out. He's even got a meat shield for this one. It's a weird end, too, assuming he's gone. Unless they Merle him, but who's gonna find him in that situation?

3 is much more manageable than an entire horde.

I was tired of Glenn like 2 seasons ago, but I felt his death was kinda lame. I mean, I guess I am no physics major but Nicholas blows his own head off standing directly across from Glenn and somehow Glenn wins up under Nicholas and "catching" him as they both fall off the dumpster?

Also not sure how many watch Talking Dead, but Scott Gimple says this isn't the last we see of Glenn. His story is yet to be resolved.

Glenn's gonna become a Walker and lead the revolution of the Walkers to the promise land, gaining civil rights and showing Maggie he's got 4 Walker bitches to choose from and how he's totally over her now.

• Upvote 2

The fact that he wasn't on Talking Dead should pretty much confirm that he's not dead, or at the very least it's not the last we've seen of him. Even though Chris was all, "Now, the actor who plays Glenn isn't here, but don't read anything in to that" even though every person of note who's died on the show has always been on Talking Dead right after.

Edited by Vin

Ya, and they also have a special guest from the show next week which we also shouldn't look into according to Chris. lol

Glenn fell on a trap door that the Wolves installed in front of that dumpster. He's still alive, much to my disappointment.

Edited by Barracuda

Like JD, I've been annoyed and ready for Glenn to die for a long while. Since the prison, basically. That being said, if he dies there, that's fucking stupid and pointless. Nobody was around to see it, the "being good gets you killed" point has already been driven home many times, and if Tyreese got an entire episode Glenn deserved at least that, having been a member of the original group.

I feel like he might not be dead, though. Looked like Nick might have been on top of him and apparently:

He wasn't on The Talking Dead or their "In Memoriam" segment, and the host said his story wasn't over on the show (though possibly referring to flashbacks).

• Upvote 1

How can they explain away that shit. It better be fucking flashbacks.