Vin

The Walking Dead

I don't see it either. All I see is movies. But 9ET/8C

Just popped up for me, says it comes on at 6 PT.

Only took two episodes into the season to ruin Rick. Awesome. The list of characters that I actually care about is growing smaller....

Daryl dies in the next episode.

WHAT?

Merle comes back next episode.

Daryl dying would be one of the single worst decisions in television history. Episode was just OKAY. Felt like the stuff with the 5 trapped inmates was just a filler and time-waster. Took a whole episode, but nothing really significant came out of it, IMO.

In other news, surprised Vin still cares for Rick. Maybe the only one who still does.

Daryl dying would be one of the single worst decisions in television history. Episode was just OKAY. Felt like the stuff with the 5 trapped inmates was just a filler and time-waster. Took a whole episode, but nothing really significant came out of it, IMO.

In other news, surprised Vin still cares for Rick. Maybe the only one who still does.

Rick's the only "good" guy in a world where there aren't any. Lose that, which seems to be happening quickly this season, and he's just another character.

I disagree. There was more to it than filler. It showed that even someone with the utmost respect such as Rick can start to lose his cool eventually.

However, it shouldn't change your opinion of Rick too much. Unless I'm forgetting something, he's only taken out threats when he needed to. Shane? He was about to kill Rick. The men in the bar? Also about to kill him. This guy? Swung at Rick with the machete and threw a zombie on him. I think we can agree those are valid excuses for Rick to fatally react.

I really hope you're wrong, Zack. Daryl is an awesome supporting character with Shane gone.

Edited by Maverick

I loved it.

I think the whole inmate thing was them (the writers etc.) showing the audience how much Rick has changed and how he will approach situations from here on out.

I for one love the new Rick. He's still the logical and reasonable thinker, but with the edge and aggressiveness that we (at least myself and friends I watch it with) wanted from him.

Dunno why anyone dislikes Rick now, but to each their own I suppose.

EDIT: Yes killing off Daryl, at least now, would be the worst decision ever. But there is no way that happens. I can't wait for the start of the Daryl and Merle drama and excitement to go down. Will Daryl side with Rick and the group or side with his brother?

Edited by BucD

I disagree. There was more to it than filler. It showed that even someone with the utmost respect such as Rick can start to lose his cool eventually.

However, it shouldn't change your opinion of Rick too much. Unless I'm forgetting something, he's only taken out threats when he needed to. Shane? He was about to kill Rick. The men in the bar? Also about to kill him. This guy? Swung at Rick with the machete and threw a zombie on him. I think we can agree those are valid excuses for Rick to fatally react.

I really hope you're wrong, Zack. Daryl is an awesome supporting character with Shane gone.

The other situations you mentioned, yeah, nothing wrong with those, but locking the black dude out wasn't necessary.

No it may not have been necessary, but he at least gave the guy a chance to survive, albeit a a very small one. If Rick let him back in, he probably would have killed the guy with the way that the guy reacted to Rick's killing of Tomas. I thought for sure they were going to kill the final black guy and then have the mustache guy join the group. I was starting to like that guy.

I am also unsure of how Merle coming back could affect Daryl. They've been separated for so long, I don't think that he can turn his back on his "new" family. But at the same time, Merle is the only real family he has left in this world. Hoping that something happens to Merle before Daryl even realizes that he is still alive, so that way he won't jump ship and join the Governor.

A little disappointed they didn't further the Michonne story at all in this episode. I have a feeling next episode will be mostly centered around them.

No it may not have been necessary, but he at least gave the guy a chance to survive, albeit a a very small one. If Rick let him back in, he probably would have killed the guy with the way that the guy reacted to Rick's killing of Tomas. I thought for sure they were going to kill the final black guy and then have the mustache guy join the group. I was starting to like that guy.

I am also unsure of how Merle coming back could affect Daryl. They've been separated for so long, I don't think that he can turn his back on his "new" family. But at the same time, Merle is the only real family he has left in this world. Hoping that something happens to Merle before Daryl even realizes that he is still alive, so that way he won't jump ship and join the Governor.

A little disappointed they didn't further the Michonne story at all in this episode. I have a feeling next episode will be mostly centered around them.

You're right, next episode seems to be a lot of Michonne as I saw during the previews.

MERLE BACK!

MERLE BACK!

ALL EYEZ ON ME!

BETTA PICTURE ME ROLLIN!

BRAND NEW RIMS!

BUT THEM 'ITCHES IS STOLEN!

Wonder how Merle's gonna pop back up though. Daryl versus Merle gonna be epic.

No mention of who was watching Carol cut around on that zombie's lady parts? Hopefully it's Morgan Jones. It would be great if they brought him and his son back into the story instead of some one and done like half the inmates we've seen.

You can put me down as a Rick supporter. He has Daryl and T-Dog's full support and that means a ton. Lori is the one I've really started to hate. I don't want her dead but it'd be nice if she's shut the fuck up for a little bit. Carol and Glenn not following directions pissed me off. I wouldn't be mad if Carol was killed off. If Glenn can't get his balls out of Maggie's jar, he can go too. And Carl... he can shoot his eye out.

Also, accidently stumbled across this information...

Meryl is the Governor's number two. OH SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!

Rick's the only "good" guy in a world where there aren't any. Lose that, which seems to be happening quickly this season, and he's just another character.

What?!

Rick isn't the only good person left.. lol

The entire situation has "gotten to him" before now.

They killed off the last truly "good" character last season with Dale. Now, granted we have some other character that qualify like Maggie, Glenn, Hershel, etc. But Rick is not one of them... Not even close. The guy who has killed more living people than anyone else on the show doesn't get to hold the title of "good".

Edited by Favre4Ever

Wonder what they're gonna do with Hershel, they can't afford to have a one legged dude in the group.

If you guys didn't see the sneak peeks after Sundays episode...don't look :p

MERLE!!

• Upvote 1

Wonder what they're gonna do with Hershel, they can't afford to have a one legged dude in the group.

I think they will be fine as long as they are in the prison. It will be interesting if they have to move. They are going to want to have the more experienced "doctor" with them. Carol is not a true doctor and only knows the basics. I dont think Carol would be able to heal a gunshot wound like Herschel did. I'm sure that they will be at this prison almost the entire season until a conflict arises. By then, I am sure that one legged Herschel will become a hinderance to the group and he will probably be killed off, not sure if by a walker or he turns.

Pretty cool interview with Norman Reedus. On a side note, anyone else find they like or dislike characters more when the hear or read interviews like this?

It's a two page interview, so click the link.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/24/the-walking-dead-norman-reedus-talks-season-3-and-starring-in-the-upcoming-video-game

Daryl Dixon has become a very popular aspect of The Walking Dead, as witnessed by all the cheers his first appearance onscreen garnered when footage was shown at the recent Walking Dead panel at New York Comic Con – which only got louder when Norman Reedus himself took to the stage.

I spoke to Reedus about his fan-favorite character and the changes he’s gone through, not to mention how his key relationships will evolve in Season 3 – including Daryl’s unlikely friendship with Carol and the much-anticipated return of brother Merle Dixon (Michael Rooker). We also discussed his starring role in Activision's upcoming Walking Dead first-person shooter.

IGN TV: It’s been an interesting journey for your character so far, in that he’s beginning to fit in, in a way he might not have necessarily ever thought he would. How would you describe his role in the group this season?

Norman Reedus: Well, I hate that term “Number Two…” There’s a difference between Daryl and Shane. Daryl in no way wants to lead this group. There are certain moments in Season 3 when he has to, and he’s good to jump on it, a quick initiative: “I’ll handle this, you handle this, I’ll take care of that.” He handles it very efficiently and forcefully, but he never wants to sit down in a room full of people and be like, “This is where we’re at. This is what we’ve got to do.” You know, he’s not really that guy. In Season 2, there were some moments when we were looking for Sophia where Daryl would head out and Rick would go, “No, stop! Let’s make a plan and handle this correctly.” Then Daryl would say, “No, man. I’m better off on my own.” So he’s still that guy. But these people relying on him for their safety and trusting him is a big deal to Daryl. For the first time in his life he feels like he’s a member of something, that he’s important to other people. It’s interesting, because a lot of people are getting harder -- and Daryl’s still hard, but he’s sort of opening up as a person, which is interesting. And he’s the only character really doing that.

IGN: Right. Rick’s kind of gone in the other direction. Do you think he respects Rick’s new stance?

Reedus: That term “Ricktatorship” -- I was there when it started, and it started with a tweet -- but it’s not really accurate, to be honest. He’s not up in a tower. “You do this against your will!” It’s really not like that. There was a moment, but it’s not really the situation. I know magazines and newspapers, it’s the catchphrase -- it’s really not that. It’s different now because we all work as a group, and it really feels like a family. With Merle being in the picture now -- Daryl always wants to be with Merle. Merle is always looking for Daryl, and that’s brought up throughout the entire season. The problem is, he’s like a bull in a china shop; he’s the drunk uncle you take to a Christmas party. He’s like, “Shut up, man. Shut up!” We also have new people, new characters, and there’s a lot of toes being stepped on. A lot of people want to take matters into their own hands and can’t. There’s a lot of head-butting going on. And there’s just as much conflict on the inside as there is on the outside this year. You know, Rick is still Rick. He might be going darker, but he still won’t squash a bug. Daryl squashes everything and doesn’t understand why someone would yell at him for it. He kicks the kid, going, “What do you mean? He’s in the way.” It’s all the same, it’s just amped up quite a bit.

I think they will be fine as long as they are in the prison. It will be interesting if they have to move. They are going to want to have the more experienced "doctor" with them. Carol is not a true doctor and only knows the basics. I dont think Carol would be able to heal a gunshot wound like Herschel did. I'm sure that they will be at this prison almost the entire season until a conflict arises. By then, I am sure that one legged Herschel will become a hinderance to the group and he will probably be killed off, not sure if by a walker or he turns.

He is actually not going to turn. The story skipped over the winter, but they find out during the winter if you chop off the bitten limb they don't turn.

Tonight was only about character development.

ALSO

#TeamRick

Edited by Mathias
  • Upvote 1

Oh man. A slow episode... but they do such a good job making you want more.

By the way does anyone know where to get an online stream of Talking Dead.

Edited by CribbsForTheWin

You know how The Governor was getting information from that soldier they recovered from the helicopter crash? And then chopped his head off and put it in the fish tank? I wonder if he plans to do the same to Andrea with the way he was trying to syphon information from her about the original group.

I don't know Mathias, would seem a bit extreme. It does look like the black chick is gonna start playing a pretty big role in his city.