Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

DeSean Jackson thinks DeSean Jackson is the best WR/PR in the NFL

http://www.eaglescentral.com/2011/04/desean-jackson-says-hes-the-best-wide-receiver-and-best-punt-returner-in-the-nfl.html/

A few days ago, Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson appeared on NFL Network for an interview.

Below is his complete interview:

Tell us something about DeSean Jackson we don’t know …

DS: I’m a down-to-earth guy. I like to spend a lot time with my family, and I’m very family oriented. I’m a chill type of guy. The majority of the time I like to be out of the scene. I’m not a flashy guy. I’m very humble, but at the same time very confident.

You can have any artist, dead or alive, perform at your next party. Who is the headliner?

DS: Tupac would represent at my party. I used to look up to him quite a bit. He was one of the best rappers ever, in my opinion. His music was so real to me. He spoke the truth in his music.

Did what Michael Vick did last season surprise you?

DS: Not at all. Vick has worked hard to get to where he’s gotten to with the work he’s put in, especially getting the second change and what he’s done with it. Honestly, I expected it. He’s at such a different level right now after coming back from out of football for two or three years, that’s unbelievable.

Can Vick lead the Eagles to a Super Bowl?

DS: Without a doubt, I think he can. Especially with his hard work and dedication.

Is the Vick you know different than the Vick we know?

DS: I really do think the Vick we know, the world doesn’t know him that way. He’s very mellow, very soft-spoken, and at the same time is outgoing and intelligent. He knows what he’s doing as a quarterback. He’s a grown man. He’s been in the league, he knows what to expect and how to carry himself. I don’t know if a lot of people realize that about him, especially after the incidents with the dogs.

Do younger players look up to Vick?

DS: I think everybody looks up to him. Everybody is interested in seeing how he does what he does and what makes him so unique, who he is. Players look at that. A lot of times it gives people questions, because they wonder how he got to where he’s at. When you’re great, there’s something about the individual that makes them that way. When you see him and meet him, you know he has it.

You were the seventh receiver taken in the 2008 NFL Draft. Do you carry that around with you?

DS: I definitely do have a chip on my shoulder because of that. A lot of people downplayed me coming out of college, saying I was too little and not heavy enough. I used that to fire up my energy and make me go out there and prove everybody wrong.

Who is the best receiver in the NFL?

DS: Hands down, I think it’s DeSean Jackson. There are a lot of talented receivers in the game, but it’s basically what you want. I like to do it every way possible. I’m not just a guy who can run deep and catch long balls, I can catch short balls and take it the distance. I sacrifice for my team. I just want to be a complete receiver.

Are you also the best punt returner?

DS: I think I am. Devin Hester, don’t get me wrong, he’s a great returner and has done some unbelievable things as well, but as far as my speed no one out there is faster than me.

Does that include Chris Johnson? Are you faster?

DS: I can take anybody, brother.

Who are the four NFL guys you want on your 4×100 relay team?

DS: I would say Chris Johnson, Jacoby Ford and Mike Wallace. Sound good?

You have a penchant for, well, interesting entrances into the end zone. What’s your favorite?

DS: Well, I like turning around from about the 30-yard line and jogging in backwards. Skipping into the end zone. Honestly, whatever comes to mind that’s just what I go with. I just let the game come to me, I try not to force it, I just play and have fun. That’s the biggest thing, when people see me I want them to realize I’m really having fun and enjoying myself. As far as leaving the right message for kids, growing up we need someone to look up to and be positive, and I wanted to see myself being that person. I have some football camps coming up that I want people to check out what we’re doing with the kids. I think it’s huge to give back to them and keep them involved. There’s a lot of kids out there who don’t have a vision, who don’t have anyone to push them in life. I see myself being an icon for that.

Should Kevin Kolb be a starter somewhere in the NFL?

DS: Definitely. I think Kolb is a great quarterback. It just didn’t pan out for him last year with the injury. There’s no telling what next season will hold for him, hopefully he’ll have a great career if he’s with the Eagles or someone else. He definitely has a lot of confidence himself and is a great player.

Which cornerbacks give you the most problems?

DS: I can’t answer that because cornerbacks won’t cover me in man coverage, they always have help. Until the defensive coaches or player say they want to cover DeSean Jackson man-to-man, having two and three people covering me doesn’t count. There are some good corners out there, don’t get me wrong. I just like being competitive. That nature of the game is very interesting, because it brings out the best in people.

Fair enough. Are you also the best trash-talker in the NFL?

DS: I think Chad Ochocinco is. He’s one of the biggest talkers out there, besides myself. I talk a little bit too, but I think he’s got me.

You have the most touchdowns of 50-plus yards since coming into the league. But, no nickname. That’s what’s missing …

DS: “Swagger Jack†is one of my nicknames, as far as being one of the most explosive players. What do you think? Throw it out to Twitter? OK, everyone follow me @DeSeanJackson10 and we’ll blow it up.

You’re an LA native and an NBA guy. Are the Lakers going to win it all?

DS: Yeah man, they have it going on right now. Everybody is playing pretty well. They’ve only lost two games since the All-Star break, that’s pretty dope. Give me some credit, you heard it here first.

Edited by BLUE

The only reason this clown isn't my most hated player in the NFL is because he stays relatively clean (as far as I know) off the football field.

Congratulations, Albert Haynesworth! You still hold your title...

Tell us something about DeSean Jackson we don’t know …

DS: I’m a down-to-earth guy. I like to spend a lot time with my family, and I’m very family oriented. I’m a chill type of guy. The majority of the time I like to be out of the scene. I’m not a flashy guy. I’m very humble, but at the same time very confident.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I suppose that majority isn't shown on the field...

...or during interviews...

...or during any other time of his life. :p

I could list 10 receivers I would take over him, and one punt returner I would take over him.

Idiot............

• Upvote 1

:rofl:

The DIVA label was earned a long time ago, but it is permanently engraved in his soul now. Please don't re-sign this asshole, Eagles...

• Upvote 1

Breaking News: DeSean Jackson says DeSean Jackson wrote the Bible.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest MikeyDay

Please don't re-sign this asshole, Eagles...

You crazy as fuck. He may have a ego but he backs it up. Its not like hes totally off here. He had the most 50 or more yard touchdowns, and his speed is unmatched, ( i would love to see him race CJ ) he had a punt return to win it against the Giants, id take him over Devin on returns, and hes the best play making WR in the NFL period. Stats proved it. Highlights prove it. The record over 50 yard touchdowns proves it. Anytime he catches the ball u think he will score or take it for a huge gain. Ppl knock him bcuz hes small and "only fast". Funny how he dont get love like Steve Smith did when he was tearing it up. The Eagles wouldnt be as dangerous without him. Simple as that.

• Upvote 1

When Terence Newman is healthy, he can stick with DeSean Jackson fairly easily. All we gotta do is give a little safety help here and there and Jackson does nothing. Terence Newman is hard-pressed to break into the top 15 corners in the league, though he is damn good. That's not the kind of cornerback it should take to shut down a big name receiver, like DeSean Jackson claims to be. DeSean gets him sometimes, but that's when Terence isn't 100% like all of last season.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Jackson just play football and leave the stupid shit to Chad Ochocinco or Johnson or whatever his name is.

You crazy as fuck. He may have a ego but he backs it up. Its not like hes totally off here. He had the most 50 or more yard touchdowns, and his speed is unmatched, ( i would love to see him race CJ ) he had a punt return to win it against the Giants, id take him over Devin on returns, and hes the best play making WR in the NFL period. Stats proved it. Highlights prove it. The record over 50 yard touchdowns proves it. Anytime he catches the ball u think he will score or take it for a huge gain. Ppl knock him bcuz hes small and "only fast". Funny how he dont get love like Steve Smith did when he was tearing it up. The Eagles wouldnt be as dangerous without him. Simple as that.

No, he not crazy as fuck. He DOES have an ego and he backs it up every now and then. It is like hes totally off here. He had the most 50+ yard TDs because that's all he runs, and his speed is matched. I agree, it would be nice to see them race. He did have that single punt return against the NYG, but I'd like another instance where he excelled over other returners. So far, none of your post proves anything. And no, anytime he catches the ball.. I think he's going to get an excessive celebration penalty. People (not ppl, this isn't Twitter, you have no 250 character limit here) knock him because he's cocky, not because he's small. And he's "only fast" because he's afraid of running across the middle. It's funny that you came back to drop this gem on us which has as many facts as DeSean's interview, none. The Eagles wouldn't be as dangerous DEEP without him. Simple as that. LeSean could handle the offensive load.

My most memorable moment (yeah, yeah rub it in my face about the punt return....I honestly don't give a fuck) of DeSean was against Dallas in their 2nd game last season, when he caught a pass and went to make some open field moves....until he saw DeMarcus Ware about to lower the fucking BOOM....that motherfucker hit the deck (I even mentioned it in the shoutbox when it happened) so fast....it was like he did a face plant...he just went down....

And to even entertain the thought of DeSean Jackson thinking DeSean Jackson is the best wide receiver in the NFL....I'm not even fucking sure PSU would go there....

My most memorable moment (yeah, yeah rub it in my face about the punt return....I honestly don't give a fuck) of DeSean was against Dallas in their 2nd game last season, when he caught a pass and went to make some open field moves....until he saw DeMarcus Ware about to lower the fucking BOOM....that motherfucker hit the deck (I even mentioned it in the shoutbox when it happened) so fast....it was like he did a face plant...he just went down....

LMAO I remember that.

Aaaand just for shits and giggles, this thread and poll was posted back in January, where the masses came to the conclusion that DeSean wasn't even the best wide receiver ON HIS OWN TEAM: http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/46608-jeremy-maclin-or-desean-jackson/page__p__2294337__hl__maclin__

I guess we're all a bunch of retards....:shifty:

Edited by BLUE

And to even entertain the thought of DeSean Jackson thinking DeSean Jackson is the best wide receiver in the NFL....I'm not even fucking sure PSU would go there....

Don't put it past him...lol.

I didn't get to watch that game because it was out of my zone. Do you happen to know of a video showing this? I must see this instance on tape. I must...

I tried looking for it after the game, because I wanted to .gif it. Unfortunately, I was unable to find it. The only thing I think I can do is find the complete game and look for it (I'm almost certain that it was in the 3rd or 4th quarter).

And lol, Mav....yeah maybe not the best example, haha....:laugh:

Edited by BLUE

:rofl:

The DIVA label was earned a long time ago, but it is permanently engraved in his soul now. Please don't re-sign this asshole, Eagles...

Dude, relax, it's an interview. Do you think DeSean really cares about interviews other than having fun with them? It's all about getting your face on TV. Whether you get your face on TV like a boring douche that seems like he's talking about TPS reports instead of football... or you fuck with reporters because, let's face it, they deserve it... who cares when your job is to get on the field, and stay in shape and be one of the best athletes in the world?

The only other incidents with DeSean I care about are

a) When he publicly called out MM for questioning his toughness (though give him some credit for timing, he waited until the offseason, and he didn't let it be a week to week distraction).

b) When he said he won't go over the middle until he gets more guaranteed money (which I don't know how serious of a claim it was anyway). And he was confronted by the team for it, and we've heard nothing since.

I love DeSean. He makes it fun to be a fan of him. It's all about the fun, Steve... it's all about the fun.

And the touchdowns.

He does that a lot.

Wrong. The week after he got hurt last year, we played Dallas, and all he did was run go-routes. And it worked. Dallas had a hard time containing him. Every game after that? Nothing. Everybody else caught on. Take away the deep ball and DeSean can't hurt you. He's nowhere near the level of guys like Andre Johnson who can make plays all over the field, and he doesn't deserve to be paid like guys like that.

He CAN run underneath routes... we'll see how many get called or if there is a continuation of last year.

Don't underestimate an explosive offense, too. Especially for a team that fails so hard in the red zone, it's nice to have a guy that can score from 80 yards away. In 2006, that was our blessing and our curse. When Stallworth left and we replaced him with Curtis... our offense never was the same until DeSean was drafted. Having a guy like DeSean stretch the field for Maclin, Celek, Avant and McCoy is so essential to this offense. The safety is routinely lined up 20 yards deep on DeSean's side of the field, and he's going straight backwards as soon as the ball is snapped. If he takes 2 guys out of the play to run a go route every time... you look right at the offensive line and ask why they couldn't protect long enough to let the open guys get open. DeSean's impact of softening and deepening the defense is so huge, he doesn't even need to catch a single pass to help you win games. Even if the safety "shuts him down," he's still winning because the Eagles have so many other guys to throw to. He doesn't NEED to be an Andre Johnson. Jeremy Maclin is our Andre Johnson. Avant and Celek are our first down-marker guys. Riley Cooper is making a case to be our big-body receiver. Shady is Shady. A winning team, especially on offense, is not always about the best individual players that can all do anything, it's about role players doing their roles and helping win games.

You can say you can replace him with another deep threat receiver to fill that role, but can you really? Guys like DeSean do not grow on trees. And what are the odds that the new guy will ever be a BETTER deep threat than DeSean Jackson... highly unlikely. He's not the best wide receiver in the league, but I'm pretty sure even all of the haters in this thread would at least have him in their top 3 to throw a deep ball to.

If DeSean leaves the Eagles, it must be via trade. I want something back for him leaving, and someone desperate for points would definitely give a big price.

If you hate the guy and don't want him back, just say you hate him... but don't use the money excuse or worry about how much he may or may not be getting paid until we see what the financial structure of the league looks like when football starts again. You already have his ass out the door before anyone throws around any kind of numbers, or know if the salary cap is going to change (whatever it is... I highly doubt it'll stay the same).

Edited by westbrookforsix

Dude, relax, it's an interview. Do you think DeSean really cares about interviews other than having fun with them? It's all about getting your face on TV. Whether you get your face on TV like a boring douche that seems like he's talking about TPS reports instead of football... or you fuck with reporters because, let's face it, they deserve it... who cares when your job is to get on the field, and stay in shape and be one of the best athletes in the world?

The only other incidents with DeSean I care about are

a) When he publicly called out MM for questioning his toughness (though give him some credit for timing, he waited until the offseason, and he didn't let it be a week to week distraction).

b) When he said he won't go over the middle until he gets more guaranteed money (which I don't know how serious of a claim it was anyway). And he was confronted by the team for it, and we've heard nothing since.

I love DeSean. He makes it fun to be a fan of him. It's all about the fun, Steve... it's all about the fun.

And the touchdowns.

He does that a lot.

What do you exactly mean when you say "having fun with them"? If you're implying that he's not being serious, you're wrong. DeSean Jackson truly believes DeSean Jackson is the best wide receiver.

And for b) "I don't know how serious of a claim it was anyway."...don't kid yourself.