SteVo

Draft Sleepers?

Throw out guys who you think are being underrated, and some late-round gems if you like.

These are mostly 2nd round guys who I think will be playing at 1st-round caliber in a few years:

Christian Ballard

Drake Nevis

Ricky Stanzi

Rodney Hudson

Ras-I Dowling

Stephen Burton

Nate Irving

Jalil Brown

Ricky Elmore

Chris Carter

Darius Morris

TE, Julius Thomas. Everyone is talking about how weak this TE class is and how Kyle Rudolph is by far the best TE of the group... Well, guess what... Rudolph isn't gonna be the best TE a couple years from now. Watch out for Thomas.

medium_Thomas-4731.jpg

Brandon Harris.

TJ Yates

Oh.. and I am not saying Julius Thomas is the only guy that has a chance at being better than Rudolph. He is just one guy I really like. DJ Williams too.

Marc Schiechl, a 4-3 DE or 3-4 LB out of a tiny school named Colorado School of Mines. Not known for football at all, so this guy had to go to the Air Force Academy for his Pro-day as he wasn't invited to Combine. If he was, he would have been tied for 2nd with M. Austin for Bench Press, and overall had a very impressive performance at his Pro-day. Most likely will go undrafted so anybody that picks him up as a undrafted FA when a CBA gets signed will get a steal.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Marc Schiechl, a 4-3 DE or 3-4 LB out of a tiny school named Colorado School of Mines.

His teammate Blaine Sumner could wind up being a sleeper at nose tackle as well. I'm a little afraid he's more of a weightlifter than a football player though, but some team should look him up as an UDFA.

I really like USF's wide receiver Dontavia Bogan. Bogan's size and speed won't mesmerize you, but he is a very precise route-runner, has soft hands, fluid hips with a rare instinct of avoiding defenders after the catch, he attacks the ball at it's highest point, and is very comfortable with over-the-shoulder catches. It's also something of notice that Bill Belichick personally ran his receiver drills at his Pro Day. I believe his production during college is misleading due to inconsistent quarterback play at USF.

Not known for football at all, so this guy had to go to the Air Force Academy for his Pro-day as he wasn't invited to Columbine.

I don't think he's mad about that...

Colin Kaepernick

DJ Williams

Cedric Thornton

Chimdi Chekwa

Christian Ballard

I don't think he's mad about that...

Lol, I feel like an idiot now. Guess with the whole Columbine memorial last week, typed that instead of Combine :(

Colin Kaepernick

Ricky Stanzi

DJ Williams

Ras-I Dowling

Trying to mention some no one else has yet...

Aldrick Robinson WR - He's short like Desean Jackson but is fast, fluid, can jump high, and has good hands. Has the potential to be a top-notch return man and a good #3 WR, perhaps even fast enough to be a #2 with proper coaching and route running.

Vincent Brown WR - People don't like his size, but he has good route running and can catch the tough passes. Great after the catch.

Jonathan Baldwin WR - All the size and talent, but lacks the work ethic. Potential drama queen according to many sources. Boom-or-bust prospect.

Jurrel Cassey DT - Will be a great nose tackle if he improves his work ethic. Needs to improve stamina and leg muscles, but he is still fast even at 6'1 and 305 lbs. and VERY strong with good awareness.

Kenrick Ellis DT - A lot of character issues in the past, but he's a big, strong, quick-footed guy. Great at stopping the run and while he won't get the sack numbers, he'll likely help improve the sack totals of everyone around him.

Dontay Moch OLB - One of the most athletic guys in the draft this year. Most of his issues can be fixed through coaching.

Greg Jones LB - Good instincts and hustle. Has average speed and strength. Has leadership qualities a lot of teams look for. Has some problems that need to be coached out of him. According to many he'll be a better fit in a Tampa-2 scheme.

Free safety Chris Prosinski out of Wyoming is another late round sleeper I think could make an impact on someone's roster. He's a sure-tackler, closes in on receivers disrupting the pass very quickly, and looks very comfortable playing in the center field dissecting plays while keeping an eye on the quarterback.

Prosinski plays with reckless abandon that reminds me of Bob Sanders, so durability could be an issue down the road but he is a very willing tackler in run support. He wowed scouts during his Pro Day when he ran a 4.39 forty yard dash. He'll probably be overlooked due to the fact that he played at a small school program, but with this being a weak safety class he has a chance at being drafted in the sixth or seventh round.

Greg Romeus

David Mims

Curtis Brown

Hell ya baby. Downtown Curtis Brown!!!! :grinyes:

• Upvote 1

Kenrick Ellis DT - A lot of character issues in the past, but he's a big, strong, quick-footed guy. Great at stopping the run and while he won't get the sack numbers, he'll likely help improve the sack totals of everyone around him.

Forgot him, I think he can make a big impact at NT in the league.

Forgot him, I think he can make a big impact at NT in the league.

Yeah he's def a 3-4 NT. I can see the Steelers or Eagles snatching him up as high as the 2nd. He might drop to the 3rd though due to work ethic concerns.

Mark Herzlich...LB out of Boston College...some of you may of heard about his battle with cancer. But let me say something...as a VT fan...I saw him absolutely destroy all those in the ACC before his battle with cancer..he didn't have as strong of a senior year because of treatments, but I'm serious. This guy has loads of potential that I can see him off the board 4th or 5th round...whatever team gets him I believe will have so much promise with working with him..

Mark Herzlich...LB out of Boston College...some of you may of heard about his battle with cancer. But let me say something...as a VT fan...I saw him absolutely destroy all those in the ACC before his battle with cancer..he didn't have as strong of a senior year because of treatments, but I'm serious. This guy has loads of potential that I can see him off the board 4th or 5th round...whatever team gets him I believe will have so much promise with working with him..

Yeah this guy has some great work ethic and instincts. He has a rod in his leg though from removing the tumor so he's slower. Didn't run to good at the combine and he moved a little rigid. If it wasn't for that I'd have full faith that he could be dominant.

Evan Silva of Rotoworld.com just released an article on who he thinks will be Late-Round Steals. I'll post the list of player's names below, and you can check out the article if you want to see his reasoning behind the picks.

T.J. Yates: QB, North Carolina

Roy Helu: RB, Nebraska

Jah Reid: OT, Central Florida

Mario Harvey: ILB, Marshall

Ryan Hill: CB, Miami (Fla.)

Korey Lindsey: CB, Southern Illinois

Owen Spencer: WR, NC State

Derek Newton: OT, Arkansas State

Tom Keiser: OLB, Stanford

Keith Darbut: OLB, Baldwin-Wallace