BLUE

Tramon Williams to be pulled off punt returns

Per Rotoworld.com:

Packers RCB Tramon Williams is expected to be pulled off punt returns in favor of rookie Randall Cobb in 2011.

Williams was decent on punts (8.0 average) last year, but it makes more sense to let him focus on shutting down receivers when Cobb can add more explosiveness on special teams. Arguably a top-five cornerback in the league at this point, Williams could keep climbing the rankings playing strictly defense. May 5, 11:54 AM

Source: Green Bay Press-Gazette

Goom move seeing as he has now pretty much taken over the #1 CB spot in Green Bay it makes no sense to have him any where near those now tbh.

I'd be willing to bet this was a big reason Cobb was taken by the Pack. It'll be important for him to produce there because the Packers need to improve on special teams.

I got to see Cobb play quite a bit, and against my Volunteers. He should be able to be a very solid returner for the Pack.

If Tramon were to get hurt that would be a shame.

Wise decision, especially after the season he just had. He was the best cover corner on that team last year, so they wouldn't want him getting hurt on special teams.

Was expecting it. Williams did have a couple good returns but he decided to pick up the ball off a bounce multiple times and would get smeared, not smart on his part. Hopefully Cobb can make an impact.

Yeah... And we would sometimes throw Charles back there too. NEVER made any sense to me. Thankfully we have a returner now. Although, with Driver probably retiring in a year or two, I am not sure how long we will have Cobb returning kicks.

Yeah... And we would sometimes throw Charles back there too. NEVER made any sense to me. Thankfully we have a returner now. Although, with Driver probably retiring in a year or two, I am not sure how long we will have Cobb returning kicks.

Word is that Driver might be cut...

Let's face it, he had a pretty lousy season last year and at his age he isn't getting better. It'd break my heart to see him in another jersey so I hope not..

We are NOT cutting Donald Driver... lmao. Come on. That'd be cruel.

Im sorry but no there is no way that we cut Driver, the guy has been loyal to the Packers from day one plus the fact that this was his first down season in years and pretty much the first where he had injuries. DD stays