BLUE

Where will Nnamdi Asomugha end up?

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will Nnamdi Asomugha play for in 2011?

Per Rotoworld.com:

All-Pro receiver Andre Johnson is lobbying free agent Nnamdi Asomugha to sign with the Texans once the lockout ends.

Asomugha and Darrelle Revis are the only corners in the NFL who have shown capable of limiting Johnson on the field. "I've talked to him, and every time I hit him with it, it seems like it's on his mind," Johnson said. "I don't even say, 'Hey, man, what's up?' The first thing I say is, 'What's up? Are you coming to Houston? What are you going to do?' " Most Texans beat writers don't expect Asomugha to sign in Houston because of his monster price tag. May 24, 10:35 AM

Source: Houston Chronicle

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora considers the Jets a "long shot" to sign free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

"I’m not seeing them having two cornerbacks making money at the very top of the market," La Canfora said on Total Access Wednesday. "I’d be surprised if they did it." The Jets are still hoping to re-sign Antonio Cromartie, although the chances of that happening will decrease if a new CBA is struck. Asomugha is more likely to land with an NFC East team. Related: JetsSource: NFL.com

Per Rotoworld:

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain thinks there's a 20 percent chance the Texans sign free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

NFC East rivals Dallas, Philadelphia and Washington have been considered the teams most likely to make a serious run at Asomugha this summer, but no one has a bigger need than Houston, who had the legue's worst pass defense in 2010. The Texans are not Asomugha's most likely destination, but they cannot be ruled out.

Source: Houston Chronicle

Dallas!!

I'd agree if he wasn't still on the hook for Haynesworth.

I kind of agree, but I don't think that will matter to Snyder. He no longer makes those decisions, it is 100% up to Shanahan and Allen. I have a feeling that the Redskins will host Asomougha, make him an offer and let him decide whether or not he wants to be a Redskin. That is how they handled free agency last season, I can't see it being any different.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Citing people close to the organization, CBS Sports' Clark Judge reports that the Eagles are "indifferent" about signing free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

"I've heard too many people say the Eagles aren't all that jacked up about Asomugha not to pay attention," writes Judge. Judge points out that Asomugha "will cost a fortune," and has really only played right cornerback in his career. The Eagles also have a history of trying to get younger, and Asomugha turns 30 in a month. Concludes Judge, "they just don't think he's the right guy for them." Judge's most believable line of reasoning is the money factor. Asomugha is going to easily surpass $12 million a year. Jun 7, 10:47 AM

Source: CBS Sports

Oh this means he's totally gonna be an Eagle. They're getting SOMEONE in free agency to play corner. They wouldn't have skipped a corner in the first 2 rounds of the draft if they weren't. They didn't act too interested in Asante before they signed him either. Aso may be 30, but he's just starting to peak, and look at guys like Charles Woodson and Champ Bailey.

Backup plan- I really would not mind seeing Carlos Rogers at all if they are trying to save a buck. I've seen a lot of him in Washington, and he would be a perennial Pro Bowler if he could catch the ball. He at least has the ball skills to get his hands on it, which is more than a lot of corners out there can say.

NFL.com's Gil Brandt "wouldn't be at all surprised" if the Lions make a play for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

Brandt expects Asomugha to give Detroit serious consideration due to a league-wide respect for coach Jim Schwartz and a stacked defensive line that would make his job easier in the secondary. SI.com's Peter King has also listed Detroit a potential landing spot for Asomugha, though the Detroit Free-Press considers a signing unlikely. Related: LionsSource: NFL.com

According to Fox Sports Southwest's Matt Mosley, it's a "long shot" that the Cowboys will end up signing free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

Mosley got the info from a team insider as a response to the Cowboys' No. 2 ranking in the recent Asomugha sweepstakes from SI.com's Peter King. Dallas could use a lock-down corner, but they're expected to be up against the salary cap once the CBA is finalized. An Asomugha signing would necessitate cutting a handful of veterans while outbidding all other suitors. Related: Cowboys Source: Matt Mosley on Twitter

NFL.com's Gil Brandt "wouldn't be at all surprised" if the Lions make a play for free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

Brandt expects Asomugha to give Detroit serious consideration due to a league-wide respect for coach Jim Schwartz and a stacked defensive line that would make his job easier in the secondary. SI.com's Peter King has also listed Detroit a potential landing spot for Asomugha, though the Detroit Free-Press considers a signing unlikely. Related: LionsSource: NFL.com

That would be great for the Lions! But imagine the amount of rape the other corner would have to deal with lol.

I honestly would be ok with the Lions throwing 12-14 mill at Aso....

Yea, I think just about everyone would be ok with their team getting him. Then again, I [ay very little attention to salaries. It seems that giant payouts never hamper teams, ever. What kills teams is giving up high draft picks in bad trades.

Lions could use and pay Aso.... but... why would he want to go to Detroit? Yes, they are on their way up. But they aren't a corner away from SB contention.

Jets can't afford him.

Really? Cool.

Suck it Jets, you queers think you can buy every free agent.

What free agents have we bought exactly and thrown a bunch of money at?

As long as he stays out of the NFC East and NFC South...I'm fine..but I'd really like to see someone like the Texans or Ravens get him. Two contending teams..that could really make errybody go crazy. Texan's secondary is fucking pathetic, but at least they're making a step..and with them switching over to a 3-4 maybe it will create more pressure up front to make the secondary's job a little easier.

Just don't go to Detroit...For gods sake...

What free agents have we bought exactly and thrown a bunch of money at?

I was mostly joking and just wanted to take a shot at the Jets, but you guys are extremely aggressive in FA and trades. Got LT, Cromartie, and Jason Taylor last year, Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott and Calvin Pace a few years back. I don't remember how much each guy cost but I don't think you overpayed too much for any of them. And last year you traded for Santonio Holmes, and Braylon the year before that. You're a pretty aggressive team, not like that's bad or anything. I was kidding with the buying free agent comment. Not like you're the Redskins or anything.

I was mostly joking and just wanted to take a shot at the Jets, but you guys are extremely aggressive in FA and trades. Got LT, Cromartie, and Jason Taylor last year, Kris Jenkins, Bart Scott and Calvin Pace a few years back. I don't remember how much each guy cost but I don't think you overpayed too much for any of them. And last year you traded for Santonio Holmes, and Braylon the year before that. You're a pretty aggressive team, not like that's bad or anything. I was kidding with the buying free agent comment. Not like you're the Redskins or anything.

Yeah I guess I can see where you would get that even though a couple of those players were at reduced prices because there wasn't that much interest in them.

We will find a way to get Asomugha anyways.....wait and see. :biggrin:

Yeah I guess I can see where you would get that even though a couple of those players were at reduced prices because there wasn't that much interest in them.

We will find a way to get Asomugha anyways.....wait and see. :biggrin:

Ya and didn't some of them follow Rex from Baltimore?

Ya and didn't some of them follow Rex from Baltimore?

Yeah, Bart and Leonhard.

The Sacramento Bee's Matt Barrows believes there's a "chance" the 49ers land free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

The 49ers could cut Nate Clements and take some of the $15+ million he's due and put it toward Asomugha, but that's unlikely bordering on fantasy. It's doubtful the 49ers view themselves as one player away from making a serious playoff run, and won't get into a bidding war for Asomugha's services. Related: 49ers Source: Sacramento Bee

Per Rotoworld.com:

FOX Sports' Adam Caplan considers the Cowboys "doubtful" to land free agent Nnamdi Asomugha.

Caplan confirms that Asomugha is "expected" to sign with a contender, but Dallas will apparently focus on more affordable options in free agency. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, FOX Sports Southwest's Matt Mosley, and Caplan are now all on the record predicting Asomugha won't be a Cowboy. Jun 29, 8:15 PM

Source: FOX Sports