Sign in to follow this  
WindyCitySports

Lebron better than Jordan?

Lebron vs. Jordan  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is Lebron James better than Michael Jordan?

• Yes, he is playing better right now than MJ ever did
    • Yes, he has more talent than MJ
    • No, but maybe someday
    • Hell no! Jordan had way more talent

How has LeBron all of the sudden leapfrogged hall of fame players?

LeBeron<Bird

LeBron<Magic

LeBron<Robertson

LeBron<Chamberlain

LeBron<Russel

LeBron<Duncan

LeBron<Kobe

LeBron<West

LeBron<Abdul Jabbar

LeBron<Shaq

LeBron<Malone

LeBron<Baylor

There might be more.

• Upvote 1

This thread reminds me of...

:rofl:

That made me crack up when I first saw it...still does lol.

How has LeBron all of the sudden leapfrogged hall of fame players?

LeBeron<Bird

LeBron<Magic

LeBron<Robertson

LeBron<Chamberlain

LeBron<Russel

LeBron<Duncan

LeBron<Kobe

LeBron<West

LeBron<Abdul Jabbar

LeBron<Shaq

LeBron<Malone

LeBron<Baylor

There might be more.

For a Philly guy you forgot Erving Shame on you :p

Garnett>LeBron (oh, and Garnett>Duncan)

Barkley>LeBron

The list goes on...he can possibly top most of them, but his chances are way down, considering the other 2 studs on his team now. Bosh has been playing phenomenally lately.

Edited by BwareDWare94

"Michael's an unbelievable player," James said Saturday. "I've got a long way—long way—to be mentioned as far as one of the all-time greats. Not even just Jordan. There's a lot of great players who have played in this league. Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, all these guys who are floating around with multiple rings, Bill Russell, all these guys who have pioneered this game.

"I'm gracious. Humbled by Scottie's comments, especially with him being a teammate of his and seeing Michael on a day-to-day basis. But as far as me, I'm not going to sit here and say I'm better than Jordan. I'm not better than Jordan."

Source: Bleacher Report

that will give all of the overhyping Lebron fanboys something to talk about...how can they back up anything they say about Lebron being greater than Jordan if Lebron doesn't even believe it. O_O

• Upvote 1

that will give all of the overhyping Lebron fanboys something to talk about...how can they back up anything they say about Lebron being greater than Jordan if Lebron doesn't even believe it. O_O

Why would he admit that he thinks he is? If he did everyone would see him as some egotistical bastard and it would make people hate him even more. Hes gotta at least pretend he's humble.

• Upvote 1

Guest Durant4MVP

You're so wrong.

1. I bet last year you wouldn't have even said LBJ was the best active MBA player. Just because he's having one good playoffs (he wasn't even that good in the reg season) now he's the best ever?

2. The reason he's being compared to Jordan is because Jordan was the best to ever play the game.

How can you not rate Lebron as the best player in the league last year? I absolutely would have. And of course he hasn't had a good postseason until he joined up with Miami. He was carrying that entire roster on his back. You can't win a championship by yourself.

Guest Durant4MVP

...Lebron doesn't even scratch the surface of being as great as MJ

1) It's a pathetic argument to begin with, comparing...ANYONE to MJ, because MJ is MJ

2) Y'all keep talkin about the potential of Lebron being the greatest ever? Lemme just say...everyones been sayin that since his rookie season...where's the rings? He already took one shot at the title...and then got swept by a great Spurs team..and his team..and him..didn't show up to play.

1. Agreed.

2. Dude, look at who he played for. No one wants to go to a small market whether Lebron is there or not. MJ could attract players to Chicago because it's one of the biggest NBA markets in the league (a problem Kevin Durant is going to run into if Westbrook and/or Harden don't re-sign with OKC). We didn't know just how bad his teammates were until he left the team. They set new a new losing streak record. That's REALLY bad. Blaming Lebron for not having rings yet is silly imo.

Garnett>LeBron

Oh good god, BWare. Stop. Just stop.

Although I'd say without hesitation, Chris Bosh is much more talented than Dennis Rodman. That's not even a close comparison.

2 complete opposites. Bosh is an offensive player, he can play defense but he is defeintely an offensive Forward. Rodman was ALL defense and rebounds. The guy averaged 13 rebounds a game he played barley if at all any offense. Rodman's energy was also off the charts he, would launch himself for a ball going out of bounds and for rebounds like a maniac. They're their own players. Bosh is one of the best right now. Rodman is HoF :shrug: I don't think either is more talented than the other. They're both valuable to the franchise('s) they were/are a part of for their skill set.

As for Lebron =/> Jordan... Come on, stop. Comparing players to Hall of Famers like that is fucking retarded. Yeah and Dwight Howard > Wilt Chamberlain :facepalm: ... it makes no fucking sense.

I'm sorry, but you're not gonna convince me that a guy who averaged 7 ppg and 13 rebounds per game(while 13 RPG is impressive) is as good as a guy who has averaged 20 PPG and 9 RPG in his career.

Edited by Sarge

Obviously right now, MJ is better than LeBron, but I can see LeBron someday passing MJ.

Edited by GoodellFTL

What you guys also seem to be forgetting in Jordan AVERAGED 33 ppg 6 board and 6 dimes a game while shooting .487% from the field. It's not just about championships. It's about how they were won and Jordan dominated in the most important times and fucking Jordan had the heart of a champion. He would have never quit like LeBron did last year.

When Jordan was on his own, like Lebron was in Cleveland, he averaged 37 ppg. When he wasn't, he was still a MUCH more dangerous defender. Sure Lebron has more rebounds and assists, but he was originally a point guard who thinks about the pass, and he's 6'6" and 270 lbs! When Jordan got double teamed he STILL scored. All in all, Jordan is the greatest all around player, not to mention his leadership skills and presence on the court. It's a shame people forget about defense so quickly, Lebron can't touch MJ's defensive tenacity.

How has LeBron all of the sudden leapfrogged hall of fame players?..........There might be more.

David Robinson and Hakeem Olajuan come to mind, as do..hell most of the original Dream team, besides Laetner....maybe Ewing.

Oh yeah, and Drexler.

Edited by Krawnka
  • Upvote 1

Don't forget John Stockton, too.

Even though I dislike him for obvious reasons the kid has a gift for basketball. But no, right now he is NOT better than Jordan. In the end every team is always judged by the number of championships they win. Doesn't matter what sport it is. Early 90's Bills were one of the greatest teams the NFL has ever seen, but they never won a championship. The Cavs should have won back in the Jordan days. But since these teams never won the big prize they won't be as memorable.

MJ has won six, SIX, championships. LeBron has not won a single one yet. LeBron is near the talent level of MJ, but until he wins a few he will never be greater. Because in the end that's what everyone will judge you by.

Edited by Barracuda

I still don't understand these comparisons. For one, they're different players. Secondly, is it because we're unanimously that Jordan is the best player ever...because I can make some cases for some other players.

• Upvote 1

I still don't understand these comparisons. For one, they're different players. Secondly, is it because we're unanimously that Jordan is the best player ever...because I can make some cases for some other players.

"they're different players" That point alone makes the Lebron Jordan argument stupid. I don't think Jordan was 'the best ever' but seeing as though that is the common consensus everyone and their mother will be/has been trying to make a case for x player v. Jordan.

Garnett, as far as careers go, is currently better than LeBron. There's a bigtime argument for either side in the Duncan vs. Garnett argument, but none of you bitched when someone else said Duncan was better than Bron. Stop bitching about my stating that Garnett is as well.

Why would he admit that he thinks he is? If he did everyone would see him as some egotistical bastard and it would make people hate him even more. Hes gotta at least pretend he's humble.

admit that he thinks he is and pretend to be humble? lmao

i highly doubt Lebron thinks hes better than Jordan.

"Rings, based on so much luck, health and team, are a slow and sometimes incorrect way to determine which individual player plays best. Rings don't pick the greats. Instead, they alleviate the risk of calling someone great. You can't look dumb calling a champion a hero. But that doesn't mean the best might not yet be a champion."

Probably the most well-phrased defense against the ring argument I've ever read. But this is simply an observation of part of the argument. Frankly I have no place commenting on James vs. Jordan since I don't watch that much basketball. All I know is that it never gets old watching clips of Jordan making pros look like high school boys with blocks on their feet. James is an amazing talent in his own right. The comparison game in general gets tiring, for various reasons. It would be easier to just enjoy what each brings to the game. But as long as there are sports, there will be a GOAT debate going on somewhere.

Basketball is a differen animal though. There are only 5 guys on the court at once and individual preformances have a much bigger impact than football