BLUE

Ghosts....

Do you believe in them? Have you ever seen one, if you do believe in them?

When I was younger, I went to Jacksonville and visited one of my best childhood friends who took me on "Ghost Light Road"....

We saw the headlight and broke the fuck out, lol....

Some background info on it: http://www.ghostsandstories.com/jacksonville-florida-ghost-light-road.html

You?

Edited by BLUE

Ghosts aren't real, just the crazies in white cloaks.

When I was younger, I went to Jacksonville and visited one of my best childhood friends who took me on "Ghost Light Road"....

We saw the headlight and broke the fuck out, lol....

Riveting tale, chap. :rolleyes:

I have the ability to kill you, with my pinky finger....

Let's ask the king of pop...

Thank you Michael. You have been very helpful this evening.

I have the ability to kill you, with my pinky finger....

How enthralling, lolduardo.

I believe in ghosts due to the accounts I've heard from people close to me and my experiences with Ouija boards, but I have never seen one myself.

A couple of my friends and I have done shit with Ouija boards and, after using one in my friend Charles' house, he started to experience shit with ghosts. He would hear footsteps in his house when he was home alone and one time saw a black presence behind him when he went to his kitchen to investigate. He also got a picture of a black orb that was floating around in this little room off of his kitchen one night. It was some crazy shit.

A few months after all that Charles and I decided to go to the cemetery and try the board there. We walked to the center of the place, sat down, and went to work. We were sitting there concentrating and nothing seemed to be happening when I started hearing something off behind Charles. It was a still and windless night (there were a lot of wind chimes on the graves, but they weren't making a sound). At first I thought it was the wind picking up, but then the sound got louder and louder. It sounded as if there were people whispering all around us like in the show Lost. I looked up and Charles was white and took off running, leaving me to pick up the overturned board and planchette. >_>

--------------------------------------

My grandmother lived in a fucking up Amityville Horror house when she was a girl. She said that her and her sisters would wake up with distinct bite marks on their arms and necks and that they'd hear and see shit at night.

My grandma had a room with a door straight ahead of the landing of a flight of stairs and her bed was straight ahead of that. One night she said she heard someone coming up the stairs, but she could hear her father snoring downstairs. She saw a black figure walk into her room and come to the end of her bed and she pretended to be asleep until it left.

Apparently, after her family moved out, a family with a young daughter moved in and after a few months the daughter had to be sent away because she went insane. I guess the house has never been able to keep residents and is pretty much abandoned today. There also is some story that the owner tried renovating it, but after the renovations were complete and they went to show the house, everything was back to how it used to be. Don't know if I buy that part.

My great uncle Diamond that lived in the house a few years longer than my grandma went back to the house a few years back with his oldest daughter so he could spend the night and quell some of the demons from his past. When they were walking around the downstairs he found an old lunchbox that belonged to his dad and had some pictures of his family in it (which makes no sense because it had been over 30 fucking years and many people had lived there since...) He and his daughter carried it with them as they went upstairs and ended up dropping it in a room when they heard footsteps out in the hall. As they were leaving they found the box back in the place that they had found it originally.

• Upvote 1

Who ya gonna call....

• Upvote 1

Seriously though....

I have never experienced any ghostly activity,... But my friend goes to haunted houses, and haunted sites and has had numerous experiences with ghosts. If you ever watch ghost hunters or anything like that... They always talk about a chilling sensation in the presence of ghosts, my buddy has claimed the same thing first hand.

I will ask him for more details, because I am kind of foggy.

I got a friend who said he used to play with his grandfather all the time when he was young, and one day his grandfather was driving, got into a car accident and his car drove off a bridge. He didn't know about his grandfather dying, and when his 2 older sisters came upstairs to tell him while he was in his grandfather's room that their grandfather was dead, he responded by saying, "no he's not, im playing with him right now"... He said his older sisters ran out of the room screaming and crying... And he said when he went downstairs to ask them why they were running, they told them again, and he told them again that he was playing with him upstairs, they told him to stop talking cause he was scaring them. He went back upstairs and he didn't see his grandfather in his room anymore.

One of my teachers at Adrian college said her old home was haunted, and every time she'd go into the room that was supposed to be for her granddaughter her, and her granddaughter would hear a baby crying and they believed it was a ghost.

A lot of people at Adrian say that AC is haunted. Their was a kid being initiated into a frat when during the process their is a part where you need to be pushed off of the top floor and your supposed to land on a mattress. That day, the guy who was being initiated was pushed out of the top floor and completely missed the mattress and died, they believe that the house where it happened was haunted. And apperently at times when people walked into the frat house at night, they'd hear their name being called out.

Apparently in the freshmen dorm that I live in their was a kid who used to always run around with a bouncy ball who committed suicide in the basement by hanging himself in a room that's always locked. At night if it's quite enough you can hear him walking the hallways bouncing his ball around. One time I actually thought I heard him, because their was this constant pounding coming from outside my room and their was no one talking. But when me and my roommate checked we saw nobody in the halls, it's still a mystery today what it was, but I know it wasn't a ghost.

I have a trillion more stories from people about ghosts. I don't believe that 'ghosts' are real, but I believe 'spirits' are... Although I don't believe any of the ghost stories i've heard.

That was stupid.

That was the point.

• Upvote 1

hellz yeah. they troll my chemistry class by closing the lab door when its wide open.

dont see anyone else close the door :panic:

I believe. There are too many weird things that happen in our world. To think that we are alone is absurd. I sure hope I never live in a house or apartment that is haunted because I would go batshit crazy. That kinda stuff freaks me the hell out.

The only experience I personally remember happening was when I was quite little. All I remember is laying in my bed and waking up in the middle of the night to see these 2 red dots hovering above me almost like they were eyes. Needless to say at such an age I started screaming my head off and crying for my mom and the entire time she was carrying me into their bed rooms the "eyes" kept following me everywhere I looked. Shortly after being in my parents bedroom they went away. The story was corroborated by my mother when I was older after asking her about it.

My wife, mother-in-law, and brother-in-law have told me about some of their experiences.

One was about my brother-in-law. Apparently one night while he was sleeping he was attacked by something. According to the story it felt like a bunch of pressure on his chest and it was smothering his face, when the mother-in-law went into his room to see what the commotion was about it stopped. Afterward She apparently never went into the room again after that because it for some reason stayed much colder than anywhere else in the house after the incident which freaked her out.

My wife's story is a pretty strange one. As a teen she woke up in the middle of the night and in the corner of her bedroom there was a very black figure, it looked like a really tall man and had a Abe Lincoln style top hat on. It terrified her to the point she couldn't move and after a while it just disappeared. A while ago we were watching that Celebrity Ghost Stories show, I don't remember who it was but someone described seeing the exact same thing on multiple occasions. I was curious about it so did some internet searching and it is apparently something that's been seen by quite a few people. My wife seems to think it was a demon of some sort but none of the stories I've read indicate it's done any harm to anyone.

The only experience I personally remember happening was when I was quite little. All I remember is laying in my bed and waking up in the middle of the night to see these 2 red dots hovering above me almost like they were eyes. Needless to say at such an age I started screaming my head off and crying for my mom and the entire time she was carrying me into their bed rooms the "eyes" kept following me everywhere I looked. Shortly after being in my parents bedroom they went away. The story was corroborated by my mother when I was older after asking her about it.

My wife, mother-in-law, and brother-in-law have told me about some of their experiences.

One was about my brother-in-law. Apparently one night while he was sleeping he was attacked by something. According to the story it felt like a bunch of pressure on his chest and it was smothering his face, when the mother-in-law went into his room to see what the commotion was about it stopped. Afterward She apparently never went into the room again after that because it for some reason stayed much colder than anywhere else in the house after the incident which freaked her out.

My wife's story is a pretty strange one. As a teen she woke up in the middle of the night and in the corner of her bedroom there was a very black figure, it looked like a really tall man and had a Abe Lincoln style top hat on. It terrified her to the point she couldn't move and after a while it just disappeared. A while ago we were watching that Celebrity Ghost Stories show, I don't remember who it was but someone described seeing the exact same thing on multiple occasions. I was curious about it so did some internet searching and it is apparently something that's been seen by quite a few people. My wife seems to think it was a demon of some sort but none of the stories I've read indicate it's done any harm to anyone.

The story of your brother-in-law's sounds like it was just a case of sleep paralysis, but the others sound awesome (well, terrifying, but you know what I mean).

Two people have committed suicide in the house that I live in and I am contemplating stirring shit up in my house with the Ouija board, though my girlfriend is a huge pussy and I don't want to make the house unlivable for her.

About the Able Lincoln top hat guy my wife seen, I went searching again and found this facebook group for it.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=284558867499

I'm rather curious as to why it's such a common sighting. Almost all the peoples explanations say it doesn't really do anything, it just stands there staring at the person in some area like a doorway or a corner for a certain amount of time before disappearing. Some see it through the corner of their eye and others see it straight on.

Two people have committed suicide in the house that I live in and I am contemplating stirring shit up in my house with the Ouija board, though my girlfriend is a huge pussy and I don't want to make the house unlivable for her.

I've heard some messed up stories from people using Ouija boards. Some people say their houses had some crazy haunting type crap go on and some others seem to think it brought some demon to them that just won't leave them alone no matter where they move.

Edited by Shotgun
  • Upvote 1

About the Able Lincoln top hat guy my wife seen, I went searching again and found this facebook group for it.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=284558867499

I'm rather curious as to why it's such a common sighting. Almost all the peoples explanations say it doesn't really do anything, it just stands there staring at the person in some area like a doorway or a corner for a certain amount of time before disappearing. Some see it through the corner of their eye and others see it straight on.

Huh, that's pretty strange. Kind of like how some people talk to the same things with their Ouija board despite their location.

I've heard some messed up stories from people using Ouija boards. Some people say their houses had some crazy haunting type crap go on and some others seem to think it brought some demon to them that just won't leave them alone no matter where they move.

Yeah, I have heard/read a lot of crazy stories stemming from Ouija board use as well. All of the things that happened in my friend's house started after we used the board there and they stopped one night when I was trying to get whatever we were talking to to show itself. It wouldn't do it and I started calling him a pussy over and over and the planchette started shooting back and forth from the center to "No" without any of us really touching it and then suddenly it stopped in the center and we couldn't get anything to happen from then on out.

I find the topic very interesting and all but I personally don't believe in them simply because I have never seen nor experienced anything 'otherwordly' first hand. Sure, I've read countless true life stories and have known a few people who told me their tales but I cannot truly believe in something like that which I've never experienced.

I do believe the mind is a powerful thing and if one is enough distress and things are dark, you can begin to believe all sorts of things. I always try to rationalize strange sounds at night or seeing weird things in the dark.

.....for some reason stayed much colder than anywhere else in the house .....

That settles it, I need some ghost action in my house, to cut down on cooling bills in the Summer....

Yeah, I can believe in them, no I haven't seen one.

When I was growing up, our family had a little farmhouse in Ohio. I have 4 other siblings, two older sisters and 2 older brothers. Anyways, there was this one room in the house that was always cold. There was a heater in the room and if you walked up to it you could feel the heat coming off but it was always so damn cold in there. We used this as a guest room, as an excuse for no one having to sleep in there, but we had two beds on the one left wall. On the opposite end of the room there was a small closet and that was pretty much it.

Well, one night me and my sister Angie were at home and our parents were at work and our other siblings were out doing whatever. I was about 15-16 at the time and my sister was 18. A couple nights before our mother was looking for her tomato pin cushion thing whatever you call those. My mom's a real neat freak so if she puts something somewhere she knows exactly where it is when she needs it. The pin cushion was missing and she asked us if we had it. No mom, why would we take your pin cushion you know? Back on track, my sister and I were home just watching TV or whatever. Suddenly it gets really cold in the room for whatever reason and I go into the guest room and take the blanket off the bed. I look down, and for some reason there's just a perfect straight line of sawdust on the floor. Not like someone just ripped open a bag of sawdust and dumped it on the floor. It was a perfectly straight line of sawdust coming from the closet to the bed. So were both kinda freaked out by this. Our mother gets home, goes in the room and tried blaming us for one of it just being a little punks or whatever. Maybe months later after no explanation, were cleaning out the room and in the closet, in a box we find her pin cushion, ripped open and stuffed with sawdust. Still, no explanation. Really weird other shit happened at that house, you know the lights turning off stuff like that.

Zack seriously don't mess with a Ouija board. :p

I've heard this story from 4 different people who were all there...and the story is told exactly the same years apart from each other and these are all close friends.

Okay this girl Emily was having a 21st party. I wasn't able to attend but so I'm told, again, by 4 people, years apart the exact same story. Jimmy brought over a Ouija Board just to fool around with it whatever. Emily, and she's a big girl probably around 180-200 lbs. at the time was real religious and whatever and told Jimmy to get that thing out of her house, she didn't want it in there. Later in the party, Emily and a few others go out to the local store and get some beer all that. They come back and theres Jimmy and a bunch of other guys sitting around the coffee table in the living room playing with the Ouija board. Emily freaks out and goes off saying "Damnit I told you not to bring that in my house, get it out of here." And suddenly Emily just flys across the room back into the couch knocking it over. Everyone runs screaming out of the house cept for like two guys who stay there with Emily. Years later she would tell me, it felt like a grown man just hit me as hard as he possibly could on the chest." She's a real believer now, kind of weird but again others have told me the exact same story including Jimmy. Just really weird shit.

• Upvote 1

Without a doubt. Here a few personal accounts of my own in my life.

- When my mother passed away in 1986, I would routinely see her walking from her bedroom to the front door of our house. I would call out to her asking where she was going (I was 7 at the time) and she would turn, smile and say something indecipherable and disappear.

- In the house that I grew up in, we would always hear a sound like someone walking and then dragging their foot behind them. It would almost always happen around the same time every night and in the morning. My grandfather's dad walked with a cane and went to bed at the same time every night and went woke up the same time every morning. He also died in the bathroom in the upstairs hallway, the same place where the noises seemed to originate. (Honestly, this one is likely explainable)

- For my entire childhood my grandfather had a ritual, he would always come and check every bedroom before he went to bed to make sure that everybody was in their place. When he stood in the doorway, he filled it out (he was 6'5 and over 300 lbs) so there was no mistaking that it was him. As he walked away he would always let loose this kind of grunt "Hrmmph". He died in 1996 and for the next 4 years, until we moved from the house nearly every night my doorway would darken around 11:40pm for a few seconds and then I would hear that same "hrmmph" as the light came back into the room.

- We lived in house in Colonial Beach, Va. From the first day that we moved in, there was just something 'off' about the top floor. There was always a feeling of foreboding whenever you went up there, which happened to be where our bedrooms were. It was so bad that all seven of us children refused to even go up there to get our clothes from the chest of drawers. At one point I walked into my parents bedroom after school (their room was downstairs) and in broad daylight witnessed a group of bottles tip over and roll across the floor. In unison. On another occasion I went in there at night and saw the bed moving like something was walking on it, we had a dog at the time, so I thought it was her. I reached over and turned on the light to yell at the dog and when it came on, there was nothing there and the movement stopped. There were many other unexplained goings on, but they were not experienced by me so I will not talk about them. We only lived in that house for 6 months, my parents later told us that it was due mostly to the fact that the house was too creepy.

- Just a couple of years ago a friend of mine was living in a brand-new home with her daughter. She called very late one night complaining that she had seen a man in her house. Being the good guy that I can sometimes be, I got dressed and went right to her house (she is a single mother with a teenage daughter). When I arrived, I could find nobody there but she told me that he walked from what looked like her front closet and just strolled across in front of her TV and into the kitchen without even glancing at her. She followed him into the kitchen only to see him fade into a blue mist. This happened at random times for several weeks. Eventually it got to the point that she started staying in a hotel. I agreed to stay at her house to see if I could witness the same thing. The first couple of nights I saw nothing. The third night, however, right as I was getting set for bed, I saw him. He did just as she said he would, he came from the front closet and just walked calmly from one side of the house to the kitchen area and had a blue glow. It was quite eerie to actually see something like that with my own eyes. It was more impactful to me since I was a grown man and had grown fairly skeptical about nearly everything. To this day, I cannot explain what I saw, other than it being a figment of my imagination due to a lack of sleep.

• Upvote 1

I had an encounter as a child that freaked me the fuck out, some people call them shadow people, whatever you call it, I saw one.

I was hangin with a friend and he was over on the swing in my backyard when I went into the garage to grab a football. I went in the backdoor and left it propped open so I didn't have to find the light switch. Right as I grabbed the football I turned around to see a grungy black shadowy figure almost as tall as the door. It had these piercing white eyes, then it slammed the door shut, which was my only light in the whole garage. So ya, it freaked me out that I was standing in the dark, I ran outside to see my friend still swinging, he hadn't seen anything.

This is kinda what it looked like, but a lot bigger

250px-Shadowman-3.jpg

Side note, my apartment makes the weirdest fucking noises at night time