Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Kenny Britt causes a social media stir

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 20, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT

Just when we thought we might actually go a few days without any Kenny Britt headlines, the volatile Tennessee Titans receiver has caused a stir in the social media world, with a post on Facebook saying he would retire from the NFL over anger at Commissioner Roger Goodell, another post recanting that statement, and then yet another post saying his Facebook page was hacked.

Brendan Prunty of the Newark Star-Ledger, who covered Britt at Rutgers, spread the word on Twitter of Britt’s bizarre posts. (Prunty told PFT via e-mail that Britt does update his own Facebook page regularly.)

Britt’s first Facebook post was short and to the point: “Retiring from the NFL. F*** You Goddell.â€

Presumably, that would be a reaction to Britt’s perception that his multiple arrests would lead to a suspension under the league’s personal-conduct policy, although preemptively retiring due to an assumption that he’s going to be suspended would be rather odd.

However, a second Facebook post just 25 minutes later offered an about-face.

“Change of HEart,†Britt wrote. “My family is always here for me. I made mistakes and i am sorry i am going to change and become a better person and mentor for all my young fans. I will accept any penalty like a man. The road beings Sept 11 in Jacksonville. ill be ready!!!â€

And then in a third Facebook post, Britt said the previous two weren’t from him.

“my fbook was hacked with those past 2 status’s,†Britt wrote. “i am not retiring and do not have any hate toward the commissioner.â€

And that concluded an odd hour of social media from Kenny Britt, whose hacking claim sounds about as believable as Anthony Weiner’s.

Source: ProFootballTalk

He mad.

Lulzcrew strikes again.

Lol.

In other news, my shit is brown.

I laughed in real life for some reason.

Honestly, the entire athletes with social media thing has just resulted in retarded drama.

Based on the "Facebook Drama" that Kenny Britt displayed, I really think he learned his lesson that if you break the law, it will come to fuck you! Thanks for listening and learning Kenny, I'm PROUD OF YOU!!! :beerchug2:

:sarcasm:

Edited by CARDINALOFWISDOM

Lucky. Mine was green today.

Shit I can't believe there's people who are that dumb out there.