BoneKrusher

CBA Talk Updates

ESPN

Of course.. that is no slam dunk. But it is promising, to me.

I think if we can get to a vote, that the CBA will pass. I remain optimistic through all this negative spin the media is throwing out there.

I was following this on NFL Network all the way up till this past hour, and nothing they said was really promising.

But I guess ESPN has a different view. lol

To the NFLPA*: You had best unfuck yourself or I will unscrew your head and shit down your neck!

Yours truly,

BigBen07, one of many proud members of The Gridiron Palace.

Guest Durant4MVP

I don't see why they wouldn't vote. They vote and don't pass it, then go back to work. If they do pass it, we get football very very soon. I think De Smith and the lawyers involved are afraid to let the players vote.

Lawyers being lawyers is what will prevent a vote if there isn't one.

The players have to vote at some point. What good does not voting do them? They would be stupid to let their emotions get the best of them here. Like posted already, if they vote and pass it we get football and if they turn it down you go back to work to get the deal they want. Sitting around pouting doesn't help anyone. Let them look over this proposal, maybe talk to the owners about some counter offers on smaller issues and vote on it. But I'm worried player egos will drag this out longer than it should.

Mike Freeman, insider on CBS is reporting that the owners ratified an agreement the players hadn't seen yet.

Well yea, that's because they haven't sent it to them to read yet.

Takeo Spikes was on Mike & Mike this morning talking about the deal that was proposed and it's giving me more doubts about the owners' real intentions. In order to pass the deal, the players need to reform their union, which is something that should be decided by them. They have a small window to pass the deal, and if not, it's unknown what will happen but the owners have said it will start to go bad. This is a direct insult to the players. The players should have all the time they need to look over the deal and to discuss it before passing it. The owners have inserted small things that were never discussed or agreed on and this is making the players more weary about the deal, which means it'll need to be looked over word for word by the lawyers. The owners seem to be unfairly putting pressure on the players to pass this and are treating them like illiterate monkeys while sneaking things into the deal that the players didn't expect. My opinion of the owners was greedy, but it is now starting to change to see them as manipulative and arrogant. The players want to play just as bad as the owners want to see them play-give them time and an agreement will be met.

There is already a thread created for this topic.

Edited by KiLaSix9

The owners are putting a lot of pressure of the players to get this done. With the amount of time this has been dragged out, the owners are simply trying to get the players to sign off on something they aren't happy with, in order to end the lockout and get football back on. It seems like they are trying to vilify the players to the general public.

Not surprised they put in crap they didn't discuss. They sound like the guys running our country.

That's just fine with me. There never should have been a lockout in the first place. The players should have just conceded on the revenue and asked for their post-career health benefits. I'm entirely on the owners side in this debate and have been for quite a long time.

Same goes for the NBA. The players have to concede.

Now those greedy bastards need to sign off on it so we get football. Whether they like it or not, the majority of their fans are less fortunate financially then these players will be for the rest of their lives. The fans need to matter, now. Our hard-earned money pays their salaries, anyway.

LMao Bware?

I think it's time for a new computer. Lol.

Edited by gobadgers77

That's just fine with me. There never should have been a lockout in the first place. The players should have just conceded on the revenue and asked for their post-career health benefits. I'm entirely on the owners side in this debate and have been for quite a long time.

Same goes for the NBA. The players have to concede.

Now

First of all, WTF? lol

Secondly, if we put ourselves in the players shoes, aren't they the ones who actually play and put their bodies on the line every Sunday. I know these guys make millions and I'm not trying to say we should feel bad for them but they have rights.

Jesus fucking christ, Bware...8 posts in a row? That's gotta be a record.

Sorry. Stupid lagging connection. Thanks for fixing it, whoever did.

First of all, WTF? lol

Secondly, if we put ourselves in the players shoes, aren't they the ones who actually play and put their bodies on the line every Sunday. I know these guys make millions and I'm not trying to say we should feel bad for them but they have rights.

Ya these guys have rights but to demand almost half of the league's revenue is insane. There are thousands of jobs were people are putting their body/life on the line or in the workplace after spending thousands on college, you have to make decisions and put your career on the line at times. You don't see these employees asking for almost half of the revenue that business makes. I believe it was stupid for the owners to try sneaking in stuff but I have no problems with a time table. It's what these negotiations need to stop players and their lawyers from putting stuff off, all we want is some football.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Sorry. Stupid lagging connection. Thanks for fixing it, whoever did.

Not a problem. It was kinda cool to delete seven posts at once, actually.

Ya these guys have rights but to demand almost half of the league's revenue is insane. There are thousands of jobs were people are putting their body/life on the line or in the workplace after spending thousands on college, you have to make decisions and put your career on the line at times. You don't see these employees asking for almost half of the revenue that business makes. I believe it was stupid for the owners to try sneaking in stuff but I have no problems with a time table. It's what these negotiations need to stop players and their lawyers from putting stuff off, all we want is some football.

The main issue with the CBA now is that the owners supposedly tried sneaking in some shit. Yes, the reason it all began was because the revenue split was in question but at this point its not even about that. It's minor things. Lets not forget they also wanted better health coverage and options post-football.

Also, a guy with a masters degree can go into a company and make minimal impact while one of these athletes can get drafted by a team and instantly bring in millions to these owners. So why shouldn't these guys get their dues?

The main issue with the CBA now is that the owners supposedly tried sneaking in some shit. Yes, the reason it all began was because the revenue split was in question but at this point its not even about that. It's minor things. Lets not forget they also wanted better health coverage and options post-football.

Also, a guy with a masters degree can go into a company and make minimal impact while one of these athletes can get drafted by a team and instantly bring in millions to these owners. So why shouldn't these guys get their dues?

Minor things can be settled after a new agreement is in place and guys start going to work. That way, nothing gets added without both sides agreeing AND we don't need to put the entire football season on hold.... And I don't see how random stuff was added without the players knowledge. De Smith and Roger Goodell were talking for days and weeks at a time. I'd be willing to bet he had all the information.

Minor things can be settled after a new agreement is in place and guys start going to work. That way, nothing gets added without both sides agreeing AND we don't need to put the entire football season on hold.... And I don't see how random stuff was added without the players knowledge. De Smith and Roger Goodell were talking for days and weeks at a time. I'd be willing to bet he had all the information.

Well I can only base my knowledge on what is reported by the media or what I read from the player reps via twitter. None of us know 'the real' facts and we will form our opinions based on what we believe to be true. From what the latest reports say is that yes Goodell and De Smith were in discussions and they were moving towards a favorable agreement but what the owners came up with yesterday (?) was not that agreement.

Well I can only base my knowledge on what is reported by the media or what I read from the player reps via twitter. None of us know 'the real' facts and we will form our opinions based on what we believe to be true. From what the latest reports say is that yes Goodell and De Smith were in discussions and they were moving towards a favorable agreement but what the owners came up with yesterday (?) was not that agreement.

That is the problem here. You are buying what the player reps are feeding you. They are trying to make themselves look good so they don't look like the ones holding up the season. The owners have said for some time now they were going to vote on this on Thursday. Players have had several voting dates cancelled. The owners didn't pull some suprise attack, it has been known they were voting on this for days now.

Now, do you think these business men who got where to where they are by doing good business are stupid enough to approve an enitrely new CBA the players haven't even looked at? The important people in the NFLPA know most of what is in there, and most of it they have agreed upon. I don't blame them if they want to be careful looking through this before they agree, but stop the bull, the owners didn't just scrap together some random CBA and vote it through just to make the players look bad. I'm sure they planned on this pressuring the players, but they didn't make a CBA the players don't want with the sole purpose of making them look bad.

• Upvote 1

That is the problem here. You are buying what the player reps are feeding you. They are trying to make themselves look good so they don't look like the ones holding up the season. The owners have said for some time now they were going to vote on this on Thursday. Players have had several voting dates cancelled. The owners didn't pull some suprise attack, it has been known they were voting on this for days now.

Now, do you think these business men who got where to where they are by doing good business are stupid enough to approve an enitrely new CBA the players haven't even looked at? The important people in the NFLPA know most of what is in there, and most of it they have agreed upon. I don't blame them if they want to be careful looking through this before they agree, but stop the bull, the owners didn't just scrap together some random CBA and vote it through just to make the players look bad. I'm sure they planned on this pressuring the players, but they didn't make a CBA the players don't want with the sole purpose of making them look bad.

The problem is everyone pretends to know what is really going on none of us know either the player or the owners true intentions. I'm sure they all want football back. It's where they both maker their millions. That doesn't mean either side is eager to rush into an agreement that is going to put them into a deal they don't agree with. I don't believe they came up with a completely different CBA and just threw it at the players. What is being said is that the CBA was put through with some additions, not previously discussed and now the players are being pressured into a quick approval.

They arn't vcting until Monday?!

Player reps emailed letter to players: We will meet again Monday to discuss our options and the direction we want to go."

What are chances players vote on conference call sometime tonight? > None now. Leaders working thru weekend.

Let's just keep delaying it. Worst player reps ever. LET THE PLAYERS VOTE

Edited by Shaq

What the owners "sneaked" into the deal that was not their initially, or when the two sides were talking is the deadline that the owners set into the deal for the PA and the players to re-certify and ratify the deal. At least that is what La Confora and the NFL Net. crew have been saying all day today and last night.

Everything else is just small stuff, but that's the biggest one. The PA also apparently did not get all the papers till after they finished the phone conference thing. The PA say that they will take their time to re-certify. And they do have some stuff on the CBA that they still don't agree with outside of the aforementioned.

We don't need to worry about losing preseason games or regular games, the players seem to know what they are doing. Although if they really plan on letting all 1900 players vote, this could take a while....