seanbrock

Leagues Most Underrated Player

I'll probably change my mind if somebody has something better or if I think of somebody else lol it'd be easy to go with one of pff's guys but I think Kyle Williams and Justin Smith get love here.I'll say Bobbie Williams of the Bengals. The guy has played at a very high level on a consistent basis for a number of seasons but he's an offensive guard and he plays in Cincinnati. He was a big part of the success of Rudi Johnson and the big passing attack of the Bengals in the middle of this past decade and he still continues to play like an all-pro despite how awful the rest of his team may be at times.

Desmond Bishop.

I feel like I have plead his case enough on here, but if I need to do it again... Let me know.

Houston+Texans+v+Green+Bay+Packers+Acz9py1TY0Vl.jpg

Somewhat being a homer but Greg Jennings. He has put up some great stats the past 3 seasons even with a decrease in TDs in 09, yet he was ranked #74 with 12 WRs ahead of him on the top 100 list. A lot of people love to bring up White, Wayne, Bowe, and DeSean Jackson before even mentioning Greg Jennings. He can hurt you deep, he can hurt you with yards after the catch, or he can be a dependable receiver to pick up a crucial 3rd down.

95567183.jpg.587_display_image.jpg?1273332805

I think Flowers has been getting the respect he deserves for the most part. He's good but not on the level of Revis. He still gets beat by speed.

Same with Jennings.

Both guys might be a bit under the radar... but when you see them on TV, you know who they are. Desmond Bishop or Bobbie Williams (Sean's pick).... Probably not so much.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Daniel Manning...... I hate the texans

Insert player of my favorite team here, who really isn't that great nor underrated, but I'm going to include him in this conversation anyway just because I'm a homer.

Yep, that about covers it for me. :shifty:

• Upvote 2

Clipboard Jesus aka The Lord of the Clipboard aka Barry Gibb; Charlie Whitehurst. His form with a clipboard is stuff of legend.

But seriously, As far an my "homer pick" goes:

kelly_gregg.jpg

Kelly Gregg gets no love. Guy has been really good his entire career and not too many people recognize him as such. Hopefully he gets more recognized in KC.

Overall:

page2_g_peko_200.jpg

Domata Peko. Such a monster. Truth be told the Bengals Defensive line hasn't been too shabby but Peko is the anchor to the ENTIRE defense. Plays the run well and can rush well. I wish he wasn't on that fucking team.

Honorable mentions: London Fletcher, Fred Robbins, Damien Woody, Brandon Mebane, Kyle Williams, Tyvon Branch, Bengals offensive line and the entire 49ers Defensive Line

Tim+Tebow+New+York+Jets+v+Denver+Broncos+YmTLTds1J-ll.jpg

The people's champ.

Ok, fine I know that's not fair. Nobody compares to Tim Tebow. I wanna say Josh Wilson, he gets no respect as a corner in this league, but he can ball with the best of them.

Insert player of my favorite team here, who really isn't that great nor underrated, but I'm going to include him in this conversation anyway just because I'm a homer.

Yep, that about covers it for me. :shifty:

Except the Titans really have no players worth bragging about.

Completely forgot about London Fletcher, I would say he is near the top when it comes to underrated. He has been great most of his career and never received any recognition until these past couple of seasons.

How are you guys looking at being underrated or not? Is it by how the league ranks players? How the media does it? Or just basing it off a collection of opinions of fans on footballs boards? I'm trying to do a mix of both I would say when it came to mentioning Jennings. People recognize him but he doesn't earn the attention as some other WRs out there who are worse or on about the same level as Jennings.

Except the Titans really have no players worth bragging about.

Except for every player on the team, obviously.

I think Brandon Mebane is very underrated. He is a great run stuffer for the Seahawks, but gets no recognition.

London Fletcher. His underratedness has waned in the past couple of seasons, but he still gets too little respect. He literally plays close to 100% of the defensive snaps for the Redskins. If you watch enough Redskins games, you will almost invariably see #59 in the pile.

Truth be told, there are a lot of players out there that are underrated, depending on the condition. Some are underrated because nobody knows about them, some are underrated because the mass amount of the typical "herp-derp, I only understand touchdowns" football fan thinks the player is terrible when they aren't.

Homer picks:

Bradie James- Seriously, this guy leads the 'boys in tackles year-in and year-out, and people still think he's a sub-par MLB. Bullshit.

Visanthe Shiancoe- A VERY capable tight-end who makes play after play with the ball in his hands.

Outsider picks:

Chris Kuper- OG for the Broncos who's been a road-paver since he arrived.

Jason Avant- had some drops last year, but he's almost always been a dependable security blanket for whoever the Eagles QB is.

^none of these players are who I would definitely consider the most underrated, but I don't know enough unknown players to really pick one, so these are players who I find to be underrated and incredibly dangerous to their opponent.

Jason Jones...?

None.

Chris Johnson

F4E: NO GOD DAMN IT!

Chris Johnson

F4E: NO GOD DAMN IT!

If anything Chris Johnson is overrated... He is probably the least deserving Titan to be in this thread. lol

Razor smoking some of seans green.

DJ Williams

Guest MikeyDay

None.

You trippin hardbody. Id take CJ over ANYONE in ur offense besides my boy AR ( CAL baby ) , Jared Cook is just like Finley only faster and hell have his chance to shine this yr. Jason Jones is underrated, hes been one of the more dominant pass rushers inside when he really is a DE. This yr maybe ull see his name more. Griffin is a top safety in the NFL. Finnigan was good but hadda bad yr. Michael Roos is under valued. Stewart the best damn RT in the league son. Like i said, u trippin hard son

Guest MikeyDay

Now since everybody doing homer picks like usual, Michael Roo,s top 3 LT in the NFL and never gets talked about.

For a nonhomer pick ima have to go with Kelly Greg. Hes always done his job and never gotten spotlight for it. Hes not a stat filler but he is def one of the better NT out there. Kyle Williams is like him too. Basically throw out a good or great player lost on a bad team nowadays. Seymour hasnt been heard from like he was in New England but if the Raiders start winning u will.

In light of the recent trade, my money is on Olsen:

Greg+Olsen+New+Orleans+Saints+v+Chicago+Bears+g2H2cH3QCyLl.jpg

Hopefully he gets the recognition he deserves in a different offense.

I dig all this Kelly Gregg talk, since he's now a Chief.

Edited by Krawnka