• Steve Young
    • Dan Marino
    • Terry Bradshaw
    • Peyton Manning
    • Brett Favre
    • Tom Brady
    • Johnny Unitas
    • Other

Any football fan from the past decade will always remember the names of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Some would consider them the best of all time, or think they will be once they've retired. Lets not forget the NFL has a long history with very talented QB's in its books. Some names from history that would stand out are: Dan Marino, Terry Bradshaw, John Elway, Steve Young, Brett Favre, Johnny Unitas, Bart Star, and Joe Montana. Take out team bias and all personal feelings-if you had to pick the best QB of all time, who would it be and why?

Edited by Patriots2994

Ah, this topic again. It actually feels like it's been awhile since we've discussed it...

But yeah, Joe Montana, not a doubt in my mind. Razor summed it up pretty nicely.

I'm taking Montana any day in this debate. The definition of clutch and was damn near perfect when it mattered most.

Joe Montana, because he made JJ Birden and Willie Davis look good. He was unstoppable after a BS call on Monday night, and took 9 plays and less than 82 seconds for 75 yards to correct that BS call...

Really enjoyed watching him turn Elway's donkey tooth smile upside down...

I don't think there is any question that Montana is still the best...ever. Any doubt see Razor's post.

Joe Montana, very few players so well in the regular season and then bring their best for the playoffs. 4-0 in super bowls, a 95.6 Passer Rating in the playoffs, 11-0 TD-INT ratio in Super Bowls, and a 16-7 record in the playoffs. Add to that his stunning 1989 season, and I don't think any other QB can match him, let alone deign to surpass him.

Drew Bledsoe! ;) Just kidding.

I put John Elway. Always thought he was the best, but I definitely see where the Joe Montana argument comes from.

Montana easily. Mostly based on accomplishments. If he didn't have so many injury issues he may have won even more Super Bowls than he did.

Joe Cool. case closed.

Joe Montana...and it's not often that I cast votes for Notre Dame guys.

This thread proves that most at TGP know what they're talking about, IMO. :yep:

Guest MikeyDay

I would take Steve Young bcuz he could beat u with his legs or arm. Accurate. Joe i can def see and wouldnt disagree with him either. Both were 49ers qbs with Rice too. Isnt that something.

I would take Steve Young bcuz he could beat u with his legs or arm. Accurate. Joe i can def see and wouldnt disagree with him either. Both were 49ers qbs with Rice too. Isnt that something.

Was that "accurate" to supposed to be referring Young? Because I'm pretty sure Montana is the most accurate quarterback of all time. And Young could beat you with his legs or arm, yeah, but Montana didn't bother with legs; he just beat you with his arm. He was that fucking good.

• Upvote 2

Guest MikeyDay

Was that "accurate" to supposed to be referring Young? Because I'm pretty sure Montana is the most accurate quarterback of all time. And Young could beat you with his legs or arm, yeah, but Montana didn't bother with legs; he just beat you with his arm. He was that fucking good.

Young is top 3 though im not sure either. But im just saying he could beat u both ways and its him or joe.

Joe Montana, very few players so well in the regular season and then bring their best for the playoffs. 4-0 in super bowls, a 95.6 Passer Rating in the playoffs, 11-0 TD-INT ratio in Super Bowls, and a 16-7 record in the playoffs. Add to that his stunning 1989 season, and I don't think any other QB can match him, let alone deign to surpass him.

How about this guy.....

4 - 1 Playoff record, 1 - 0 SB Record, 112.6 playoff passer rating, 13-3 TD-INT playoff ratio, 3-0 TD-INT ratio in Super Bowls.

• Downvote 2

He's only been in the league a few years Favresario.

He's only been in the league a few years Favresario.

I KNOW.. Isn't it amazing that someone so young is better than the legendary Joe Montana? You read my mind, Razor :p

Joe Montana. Tom Brady's a close #2, IMO, but he's gonna need to return to his old level of play in the playoffs before he actually wants to make it a contest between him and Joe.

• Upvote 1