RazorStar

Who should I be excited about on your roster?

Guest MikeyDay

Lavelle hawkins. He is solid when given the chance. Hopefully well see him more this year.

Craig Stevens shown he can block and catch plus hes got some speed. wonder why he also too didnt get a chancr much. He killed last preseason too. Alt Verner our corner. He will prob be the 2nd corner for us

Ill have to say Dorin Dickerson, Brooks Reed, or Jesse Nading at the DE position....

Drake Nevis, Pat Angerer, Antoine Bethea [although he's kinda already pretty well known] and Justin Tryon, who shut down Reggie Wayne in camp.

The majority of people will probably say Julio Jones. I mean, he is the most obvious thing to be excited about. But I won't say Jones. Yes, be excited about Julio by all means, you should be. But I'm going to go with someone that gets a lot less attention for reasons unknown to me.

John Abraham. Abe is going to have a HUGE season with the addition of Ray Edwards opposite of him. I pointed this out on AFT, Edwards is not just some overpaid DE that benefited from Jared Allen. I think it was actually the other way around. Edwards is an extremely efficient pass rusher, and Jared Allen benefited from that. John Abraham will benefit the same exact way. I expect nothing less than another pro-bowl season out of Abe. Did I mention that Abe led all defensive ends in the league last year in sacks? Of course, the media won't say that, because Abe gets no attention.

If he stays healthy, former CFL player Tom Johnson at DT. Johnathan Casillas at WLB as well. Came on strong last year in preseason before suffering a lisfranc injury ending his year. Looking like he will reclaim his spot.

Two more names I will throw out on defense are Wil Herring, the guy we got from the Seahawks looks like he might get the starting strongside spot at LB and DE Junior Gallete. Gallete is someone who last year I wanted to see play more but he apparently needed to learn a bit more than rushing the passer. Gregg Williams thinks this year is his year to shine.

two guys who I've been waiting on to breakout are Lavelle Hawkins and Jared Cook, and I think both players might do it this year, they've shown some great talent this preseason and I think they may both make their break into relevance this year, Cook has gotten talk each of the last two years, but this year I think there's a little more fuel behind it

Jordan Norwood

Montario Hardesty (If he can stay healthy)

Buster Skrine

Greg Little

Edited by NaTaS

Jason Pierre-Paul - Will be the every down DE at the start of the season will Osi out awhile recovering from surgery. Was a standout in the 1st preseason game continuing from his strong finish to last season. If Osi isn't careful he could lose his job to this kid. I think he can be that good.

Mario Manningham - Had a pretty good year last season. He will need to step up this year with the losses on offesnse and think he will be up to the challenge. Fast and makes big plays. I really like Super Mario.

• Upvote 1

Jordan Norwood

Montario Hardesty (If he can stay healthy)

Buster Skrine

Greg Little

Forgot about Norwood. Shurmur's been raving about him since he got here.

Be excited about Harry Douglas, BIG TIME. Tonight he proved it to me. He's going to have an absolutely huge season in the slot position. With Jones, White, and Gonzalez, that leaves almost no one to cover Douglas. He's going to come out big being a fast speed receiver with good moves after the catch.

The Redskins offensive line. With another season under their belts and returning 4 or 5 starters from last season, the line should be vastly improved and give our starting QB (whomever that may be) plenty of time to get rid of the ball, unlike they did last season for McNabb,

Seems like Justin Houston is getting better every game thus far.

• Upvote 1

Seems like Justin Houston is getting better every game thus far.

i agree.

Like Chris D already said with Abe and Douglas...imma have to go with Matt Ryan. Here's why..

His first three seasons, I think people really overrated him, because honestly...without Turner he wouldn't be the kind of quarterback he is now. However...now that he's entering his 4th NFL season..i think this is going to be his year, with him calling a majority of the plays..and not just being told what to do for the most part. With White, Turner, Jones, Rodgers, Douglas, and Gonzalez, behind a very good offensive line, I really believe how far we go depends on him..moreso than our defense. I think our defense has done a good job, and the addition of Edwards will take pressure off our secondary..

SO MATTY ICE GONNA LIGHT IT UP

Damian williams

Jamie harper

Akeem ayers

Also Alterruan Verner and Kenny Britt are players that I believe will go from starter to star this season..

Depending on how he bounces back from his illness, I've really believed that this is going to be a monster year for Jeremy Maclin. Way too many people think DeSean Jackson is our #1 receiver, and they've been pretty neck and neck for a while, but I think this is the year Mac really starts blowing him out of the water. It's his 3rd year, and he has made some incredible catches that require a lot of balance and concentration so far in his career. If this "illness" doesn't hold him back, I think this is the year he ties it all together and starts getting some unanimous top 10 WR consideration.

NaVorro Bowman

Ricky Jean-Francois

Kendall Hunter

Delanie Walker

Bowman - what a monster year for this kid.

RJF - Filled in for Issac at NT and now has played LDE for Ray McDonald these last two weeks, he's not Ray but when can get by with him.

Kendall - Has had some huge runs this year spelling Frank. 48 carries for 217 yards, 1 TD. (4.5 Avg)

Delanie - May be the best #2 TE in the game, reliable as hell. Tied for 3TDs a piece with Vernon.