AllYouNeedIsLovie

Best triplet in the NFL right now?

Was watching ESPN today, and Antonio Pierce ranked his top 3 triplets in the NFL right now. Triplet meaning top QB, RB, and WR on the same team.

His list was the following:

1. Falcons (Ryan, Turner, White)

2. Eagles (Vick, McCoy, Jackson)

3. Texans (Schaub, Foster, Johnson)

Who would be a top of your triplets list. I'm having a hard time picking between the Falcons and Texans.

1. Texans

2. Falcons

3. Steelers (Roeth, Mendenhall and Wallace)

Really depends for me. If Vick continues to play like he did last season, then I have to go with the Eagles.

How the hell are the Texans #3? Schaub > Ryan, Andre > Roddy, and at least last year, Foster > Turner by a huge amount. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since this came from ESPN.

1. Texans

2. Falcons

3. Steelers (Roeth, Mendenhall and Wallace)

^This

I definitely think Arguments can be made for all 3 of those comparisons Shotgun. Big arguments. Especially the Turner/Foster and the Schaubb/Ryan ones.

honorable mention to the Bucs though, they may all be young (3rd year and 2 second year guys), but they've shown some wicked potential.

honorable mention to the Bucs though, they may all be young (3rd year and 2 second year guys), but they've shown some wicked potential.

Yea, they have a lot of potential, but I think they need to show it for another year or two for their name to get in the conversation. Definitely expect them to be top 3 soon though.

I definitely think Arguments can be made for all 3 of those comparisons Shotgun. Big arguments. Especially the Turner/Foster and the Schaubb/Ryan ones.

:yeahthat:

And while I agree that Johnson > White, White is still an excellent WR. Johnson is the best, but White is top 5, maybe top 3.

Schaub/Foster/Johnson is who I thought of as soon as I saw the title...

You can make an argument for anything but Andre is most certainly a better WR than Roddy and Matt Ryan needs at least 2 more seasons with a 90+ QB rating before he can be put into the same league as Schaub. Turner and Foster is certainly an argument since Foster has only had 1 great season in his second season. Texans win at least 2/3 of the position battle thus Texans > Falcons. But honestly the Texans being behind Falcons isn't what really bothered me, it's that the guy actually put the Eagles ahead of them when the Texans have a better player at every single position than they do. Many would make an argument for Vick but he's been back for one season and missed a few games during it.

Based on last year, the Texans definitely won this one. Based on history and consistency, the Colts have it. Based on potential, I think it goes Falcons > Eagles > Bucs... but they're all really close.

Based on last year, the Texans definitely won this one. Based on history and consistency, the Colts have it. Based on potential, I think it goes Falcons > Eagles > Bucs... but they're all really close.

Addai keeps the Colts out of the conversation, don't get me wrong on this, Addai is great for that team, but his numbers don't give him enough of a standing to consider the group a top triplet

Addai keeps the Colts out of the conversation, don't get me wrong on this, Addai is great for that team, but his numbers don't give him enough of a standing to consider the group a top triplet

Maybe, but he's a great blocker, an every down guy, and can catch the ball. He also has a decent ypc average, especially considering he doesn't have a FB to block for him. I think his best years are ahead of him.

And the Wayne/Manning combo gives them a HUGE boost.

looked at this thread title and was expecting something completely different.

but texans would be my first then.

Maybe, but he's a great blocker, an every down guy, and can catch the ball. He also has a decent ypc average, especially considering he doesn't have a FB to block for him. I think his best years are ahead of him.

And the Wayne/Manning combo gives them a HUGE boost.

I just don't think of the Colts as really a triplet, usually that implies three guys that strike fear in their opponents and while blocking is a critical element of a RB's game it's not something that will strike fear in the opposing defense, as I said, Addai is a great back for that system because of what you pointed out (blocking and pass catching) but as far as bringing the group into the 'triplet' conversation Addai just doesn't do it for me, and maybe it's more of a judgement on the Colts' offensive balance (or lack thereof) but their running game in general just isn't as good as I feel it needs to be for this conversation, especially when you've got some amazing three headed monsters like the Eagles, Falcons, and Texans have right now

Texans

Eagles

Falcons

Hard to rank when all 3 are scary.

1) Texans, 2) Falcons and...Eagles I guess? I'm not a fan of Desean Jackson but there really isn't anyone else to put over them. If (when) the Bucs get another beast season from the cats in my sig then I'll put them over Philly probably.

1. Texans

2. Bucs (the ceiling on their Big 3 is non existent)

3. Falcons

Texans no doubt.

You can make an argument for anything but Andre is most certainly a better WR than Roddy and Matt Ryan needs at least 2 more seasons with a 90+ QB rating before he can be put into the same league as Schaub. Turner and Foster is certainly an argument since Foster has only had 1 great season in his second season. Texans win at least 2/3 of the position battle thus Texans > Falcons. But honestly the Texans being behind Falcons isn't what really bothered me, it's that the guy actually put the Eagles ahead of them when the Texans have a better player at every single position than they do. Many would make an argument for Vick but he's been back for one season and missed a few games during it.

Is it really that cut and dry even between Roddy and Andre? I'm sure you along with everyone else is thinking I'm crazy, but hear me out on this one. . .

Roddy White has had 4 consecutive seasons over 1000 yards after him not really caring to be as good as his talent allowed him to be the first two seasons he was in the league.

2007: 1202yds, 6 TD

2008: 1382yds, 7 TD

2009: 1153yds, 11 TD

2010: 1389yds, 10 TD

Andre has had 3 consecutive seasons over 1000 yards. And before that of his 7 year career, he had 2 seasons prior to 2008 with over 1000 yards (2004, 2006)And yeah I know the argument of 2007 when he had his injury will come into play here. . But

2008: 1575yds, 8 TD

2009: 1569yds, 9 TD

2010: 1216yds, 8 Td

I think Roddy is capable of doing everything that Andre is capable of, and he can run better routes. Andre Johnson is more known for his long stride and using his strength to break away from defenders. In my book if Roddy puts in another season over 1100 yards this year and over 7 TD, he's better than Andre. At least in my book. You can consider that homer, or whatever, but that's how I see it.

Edited by Chris D
  • Upvote 1

1) Texans (not even close IMO)

2) Steelers

3) Falcons

Bucs will probably break into the top 3 this season.

Edited by Alu Alu

I love how I am Ngged and called dumb even though mOre than 5 other people said almost the exact same thing as me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1