Favre4Ever

Jamaal Charles out with a torn ACL.

He was carted off the field earlier after trying to plant on a cutback. He went down clutching his left knee, and I feel like it is significant. My guess is a ligament tear, but that's a complete shot in the dark.

We will have to wait and see.

Edited by RazorStar

I have hin fantasy but i really dont care about that. its gonna be a long season...

You can officially write off the chiefs now.

I have him in my fantasy but i got Forte next to him so i don't care...when i saw him carted off the field,i saw an immediate loss for the Chiefs...

I have him in my fantasy but i got Forte next to him so i don't care...when i saw him carted off the field,i saw an immediate loss for the Chiefs...

Charles suffers scary knee injury: Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles tried to stretch out the ball on the sideline in order to get a first down Week 2 against the Lions, and his cleat got caught in the turf. His knee seemed to give out on the play, and he was immediately down on the field. Charles was not able to get up before trainers had to cart him off the field. CBS Sports analyst Randy Cross speculated that the RB may be out for the entire season with the injury.

And boom goes the dynamite.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Jamaal Charles' knee injury is believed to be a torn left ACL.

He'll have a Monday MRI to confirm. This could be the knockout blow for a Chiefs team that has been outscored 89-10 in its first two games. The play Charles was injured on appeared rather innocuous, but his knee bent in an unnatural way, and it was immediately clear the injury was major. If Sunday is any indication, the Chiefs will resort to a running back committee, using Thomas Jones, Dexter McCluster, and Le'Ron McClain and Jackie Battle. It's unlikely the Chiefs' backfield will produce a consistent week-to-week fantasy scorer. Charles will need reconstructive surgery, putting a medical red flag on his long-term value. This injury could eventually result in Todd Haley's removal as Chiefs head coach. Charles was easily the team's best offensive player.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Guest MikeyDay

Tough break for him and the Chiefs this year.

Big hit to the Chiefs this year. He's easily their best offensive weapon, and his run threat is a big reason Cassel was successful last year. Charles is a great player, on and off the field, and it's a shame to see him go down this early with such an ugly injury. My best wishes go out to Jamaal Charles and the Kansas City Chiefs. Have a good recovery. We hope to see you back on the field next year.

63ad4_andrew-luck.jpg

He looks much better without that nasty ass gnarly beard. lol

Damn the Chiefs just can't catch a break with injuries. Looks like he'll be out for the season. Hopefully he can recover back to 100% for next season. Reconstructive surgery on a RB's knee is always iffy.

hated to see this.

hope he can make it back.

its now the "Suck For Luck" season in KC.

They've lost one of their top 3 play makers on both sides of the ball after 2 games. Sorry Chiefs fans.

Damn the Chiefs just can't catch a break with injuries. Looks like he'll be out for the season. Hopefully he can recover back to 100% for next season. Reconstructive surgery on a RB's knee is always iffy.

Especially when you are talking about a guy who relies so much on his shiftiness, agility, and ability to make cuts. I wouldn't be surprised if he is never the same again.

I wonder if this means we will start to see even more of Dexter McCluster. I don't think that would be a bad thing. He was the only thing working for the Chiefs so far anyway.

I wonder if this means we will start to see even more of Dexter McCluster. I don't think that would be a bad thing. He was the only thing working for the Chiefs so far anyway.

McCluster is a definite play maker. Very undersized for a RB but has tons of potential. Just don't know how durable he can be with an extended workload. It'll be the Jones/McCluster split from here on out but Dexter has tons of upside.

Hopefully they all recover well for next season...hopefully without Haley and Cassel.

McCluster looked pretty decent running the ball.

Hopefully they all recover well for next season...hopefully without Haley and Cassel.

McCluster looked pretty decent running the ball.

Put that with the fact they can plug McCluster in at WR, and use him like Reggie Bush used to be, he could turn out to be a huge plus for the Chiefs in a season that looks like its going downhill.

Put that with the fact they can plug McCluster in at WR, and use him like Reggie Bush used to be, he could turn out to be a huge plus for the Chiefs in a season that looks like its going downhill.

Except Haley is a dumbass and doesn't want to use McCluster as a WR. Only as a change of pace back.