BC

Update: Raiders acquire Aaron Curry for 2 draft picks

John Boyle

No official word from the #Seahawks on LB Aaron Curry, but he did say his goodbyes to teammates today, "He came and talked to the linebackers and told us thank you for everything we’ve done for him," said KJ Wright. "Told Coach Norton thank you."

Heard he might be headed to the Oakland Raiders. Is Al Davis making moves from the grave?

Edited by BLUE

I feel sorry for whoever gets him he has no instincts he will never make it in this league.

Edited by Sacks98

Per Rotoworld.com:

Raiders acquired OLB Aaron Curry from the Seahawks in exchange for two undisclosed draft picks, one in 2012 and one in 2013.

They're believed to be mid- to late-round picks. The Raiders haven't scrapped their philosophy of trying to rehabilitate former first-round busts in the post-Al Davis era. Curry, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2009 draft, flamed out in Seattle because he lacked instincts to diagnose run plays and was a zero in pass coverage. Raiders MLB Rolando McClain suffered a potentially serious ankle injury in Week 6, and Curry could be viewed as insurance behind likely replacement starter Darryl Blackstock. Oct 12 - 4:14 PM

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter

Wtf Raiders :nonono:

They don't even run a 3-4, do they? What the fuck?

They don't even run a 3-4, do they? What the fuck?

Nope. Oakland is a 4-3 mang.

They traded a late 2012 pick, so not too bad depending on their 2013 pick. I'm curious who made the trade though, with Al Davis gone. I doubt it was the Head Coach.

Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Seahawks have agreed to ship Curry to the Raiders. The Seahawks will get a draft pick in 2012 and 2013 in exchange for Curry.

per PFT

Seahawks agree to ship Curry to Raiders

THE SPIRIT OF AL DAVIS LIVES ON!!!!! :rock:

Maybe we have been unjustly attacking Al Davis all these years... Maybe it's that crazy bitch who he had running things. I should have guessed.... She needs to get out of the front office and back in the kitchen where she belongs.

Amy_Trask_25235618_Raiders_v_Broncos.jpg

(Only joking, of course. Kind of.)

The Seattle Seahawks agreed Wednesday to trade linebacker Aaron Curry, a former first-round draft pick, to the Oakland Raiders for a 2012 seventh-round selection and a 2013 conditional fifth-rounder.

[/Quote]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8231093e/article/seahawks-ship-off-former-firstround-pick-curry-to-raiders?module=HP11_headline_stack

Man those better not be high draft picks...

does this mean I have to change the Seahawk's skin?

does this mean I have to change the Seahawk's skin?

Lmao...no. No one likes them anyway :D

Man those better not be high draft picks...

I saw that it's a 7th round pick in 2012 and a 4th or 5th conditional in 2013. I think it's true, but I'm not positive. :shrug:

I saw that it's a 7th round pick in 2012 and a 4th or 5th conditional in 2013. I think it's true, but I'm not positive. :shrug:

If this is true, that's a pretty good haul for the Seahawks....:yep:

If this is true, that's a pretty good haul for the Seahawks....:yep:

It could work out. I want to see how he fits into the Raiders defensive schemes first before I say it's a good move. I'm not making the mistake of saying a good move was made like I did when the Patriots signed Ocho. For $6 million a year, he should have learned the offense and should be making Welker's numbers. Ricidulous :nope:

Curry gonna pwn. :yep:

I said Earl Thomas and Chris Clemmons were basically what the Seahawks' defense composed of :shrug:

@ Skin conversation...

idk, Curry is still really young. Could be a positive move for both teams.

idk, Curry is still really young. Could be a positive move for both teams.

Doubt it i could see him becoming a situational player though he is a good run stopper about the only thing he does well.