BucD

Kevin Kolb not expected to play at Philadelphia

Per PFT:

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 8, 2011, 12:54 PM EST

The Cardinals won without Kevin Kolb last week. They may need to do it again this week.

Kolb is likely to be sidelined for Sunday’s game at Philadelphia, as his sprained foot and turf toe are still limiting his movement too severely for him to play against his former team, NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora reports.

John Skelton is expected to practice with the Cardinals’ first-string offense this week, and he’ll likely get the start for the second straight game.

That may not be a bad thing for the Cardinals: Skelton went 20-of-35 for 222 yards and a touchdown in the Cardinals’ win over the Rams, with an 85.7 passer rating for the game. That’s better than the 77.8 rating Kolb has this season.

Skelton gon' lead them to victory. :yep:

• Upvote 2

Despite being 3-5, losing to the Bears didn't concern me too much: they seem to be that team we just can't beat, and we simply got outplayed. If we get outplayed or outcoached by the Cardinals, then I'll be worried.

Per PFT:

Kolb says toe is improving, but he still hasn’t practiced

Posted by Mike Florio on November 10, 2011, 8:29 AM EST

Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb is preparing to face the Eagles for the first time in his career, but Kolb may not be able to play.

Kolb didn’t practice on Wednesday due to turf toe, an injury he sustained 11 days ago against the Ravens.

“It’s been a lot better the last two days,” Kolb said Wednesday, via PhillySportsDaily.com. “Little extra motivation, obviously. We’ve pushed it hard. Trying to get back out on the practice field — wasn’t able to practice today, we’ll see tomorrow morning where it’s at, how it responds. We’ve been really pushing the limit, trying to get me back out there as soon as possible.”

John Skelton played in Week Nine for Kolb, presiding over a victory and generating a passer rating of 85.7. He’ll get another start if Kolb can’t go.

Regardless of whether the Fordham grad plays for the former Eagle, this one seems to be on track for a Cornell-Hofstra-style slaughter.

We will win this game, as a matter of fact we will dominate this game. Fitz will come alive and Skelton will play very well. Cardinal NationFTW

:beerchug2: :Cardinals:

Schefty

Kevin Kolb is not expected to play Sunday against the Eagles due to his toe injury. John Skelton expected to start for second straight week.

Despite being 3-5, losing to the Bears didn't concern me too much: they seem to be that team we just can't beat, and we simply got outplayed. If we get outplayed or outcoached by the Cardinals, then I'll be worried.

You honestly think Philly is playoff bound?

• Downvote 1

This game just got a heck of a lot less interesting.

Yes....yes it most certainly did...

It would have been a good one to watch.

... and i get this game... lol

Haven't been to impressed with Kolb but atleast he can have his moments where he puts up points Skelton is horrible PP won them that game last Sunday.

With or without Kolb,this game will suck anyway...

:rofl::rock:

• Downvote 1

Skelton gon' lead them to victory. :yep:

:bow:

Alright, gentlemen. The Dream Team is done. Take 'em out back and put 'em down...

I was at BWW for this game so I actually watched it (fuck yeah Fitzgerald got me 26 points) and I can't say it was 100% on the Eagles coaches this time like it has been. Poor execution on the field and the Eagles players just look like they aren't interested in winning anymore. The offense was supposed to be the bright side of this team and they can't capitalize on turnovers or, even worse, OUTSCORE JOHN SKELTON. 1 of their 2 TD was a pick-six.

When you are out-coached, and out-played by the Cardinals at home, your problems are too severe to fix them in time for the postseason.