badgers

Week 11 Power Rankings

Post them here, boys. FYI I'm still doing these I just am not posting them to the thread. I will do my top 10 without comments, though:

1. :Packers:

2. :49ers:

3. :Steelers:

4. :Saints:

5. :Bears:

6. :Patriots:

7. :Ravens:

8. :Texans:

9. :Lions:

10. :Giants:

Guest Phailadelphia

5. :Patriots:

6. :Bears:

7. :Texans:

8. :Giants:

10. :Bengals:

11. :Ravens:

12. :Cowboys:

13. :Raiders:

14. :Falcons:

15. :Jets:

16. :Bills:

17. :Titans:

18. :Chargers:

19. :Bucs:

20. :Eagles:

21. :Broncos:

22. :Chiefs:

23. :Cardinals:

24. :Seahawks:

25. :jaguars:

26. :dolphins:

27. :Redskins:

28. :panthers:

29. :Vikings:

30. :Browns:

31. :Rams:

32. :Colts:

Edited by RazorStar
Colons!
  • Upvote 1

1.:Packers: Dominated the Vikings where the D played great by being able to get pressure and actually cover well.

2.:49ers: This team is not a fluke, Harbuagh has turned this team around and is a contender

3.:Steelers: Responded after a tough loss to the Ravens by beating the Bengals

4.:Texans: Looking great but if Schaub does miss the rest of the reason, they are going to struggle.

5.:Saints: The D actually played well in the redzone and forced FGs instead of allowing TDs.

6.:Patriots: The D actually played well while the Brady to Gronk connection could not be stopped

7.:Bears: The D is playing great, Forte is playing great, and Cutler isn't losing games for them

8.:Ravens: What the hell is Cam Cameron thinking? How has he not been fired yet? There is no reason Flacco should be throwing 52 times while Rice only has 5 rushing attempts.

9.:Giants: Almost pulled off a game tieing drive in the 4th, they played the 49ers and almost won

10.:Bengals: Played the Steelers tough and only lost by a TD. Unfortunately they lost Leon Hall for the year which sucks for them.

11.:Jets:

12.:Lions: Have started losing games to some tough opponents and are starting to show their youth and lack of experience.

13.:Raiders:

14.:Cowboys:

15.:Falcons:

16.:Bills:

17.:Titans:

18.:Chargers:

19.:Bucs:

20.:Eagles:

21.:Broncos:

22.:Chiefs:

23.:jags:

24.:Browns:

25.:Seahawks:

26.:Cardinals:

27.:Rams:

28.:panthers:

29.:Vikings:

30.:Redskins:

31.:dolphins:

32.:Colts:

• Upvote 1

Jets at 11? lolwut

They were playing well going into Sunday night. I see no reason to drop them as much you do. With Lions going 1-3 in the past 4 games. The Raiders being up and down without McFadden and a new QB, and the Cowboys winning a couple games against bad teams but getting blown out by the Eagles. Yes the Jets belong at #11 on my list.

1. :Packers: - There's no "Hello pot, meet kettle" debate going on here. This team is the clear #1.

2. :Steelers: - They play consistent, and are getting better as we speak.

3. :49ers: - Yeah, yeah, I love great defenses as much as anybody else, but I flat out do not believe that Alex Smith is anything more than a stop-gap, Matt Cassel type quarterback.

4. :Saints: - They're easily the best team in the NFC South. They have as many weapons as Green Bay. The only difference is at least two of New Orleans' weapons come out of the backfield in Ingram and Sproles.

5. :Patriots: - Yeah, that defense got better. Then again, Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer couldn't get any worse.

6. :Bears: - This is the only team on Green Bay's roster that's going to beat them. They've turned a corner, and Mike Martz sees more Marshall Faulk in Matt Forte each week.

7. :Giants: - Put that target on their backs. The only team chasing them is the Cowboys, and Dallas has enough firepower to take the division out of Big Blue's hands.

8. :Ravens: - Yeah, the Ravens play down to their opponents, but Green Bay lost to Detroit with Drew Stanton at QB last year.

9. :Texans: - I'm hesitant to drop them too far, because I believe Matt Leinart will be competent. Now we get to find out just how good Arian Foster, Ben Tate, and Andre Johnson are. Look for Leinart to get comfortable with Owen Daniels for the first couple of weeks.

10. :Bengals: - I don't know the severity of AJ Green's injury, but I have all kinds of faith in Andy Dalton. The Bengals have an opportunity to put a dent in Baltimore's playoff chances this week. I think it might happen.

11. :Cowboys: - Tony Romo thrives when he has a good running game. As long as DeMarco Murray stays healthy, watch out for a statistically brilliant second half from the gunslinger.

12. :Raiders: - I saw Carson Palmer return to form last Thursday. I think he'll get even better when Darren McFadden returns. It's sad to see this happen to Jason Campbell, but anyone with a brain knew that if Carson Palmer played even remotely well he'd win the starting job with ease.

13. :Lions: - Yeah, I dropped them that far. Their offense is asinine. It will not continue to work against good defense and Chicago showed us exactly why that is the case.

14. :Falcons: - I really don't expect them to make the playoffs. Matt Ryan isn't good enough. He should be lighting people up with his weapons, but he isn't.

15. :Jets: - They just don't look good right now. Buffalo has a chance to knock them out of the playoffs, and there's a decent chance they might do it. At the same time, I've learned to never doubt Rex Ryan. I do expect the Jets to get back on their feet. Quickly.

This is what I got for now. I'll try to post the rest later on.

• Upvote 1

5. :Patriots:

6. :Bears:

7. :Texans:

8. :Ravens:

10. :Giants:

11. :Cowboys:

12. :Bengals:

13. :Raiders:

14. :Jets:

15. :Falcons:

18. :Bucs:

19. :Chargers:

20. :Chiefs:

21. :Eagles:

22. :Cardinals:

23. :Broncos:

24. :Jaguars:

25. :Seahawks:

26. :dolphins:

27. :panthers:

28. :Redskins:

29. :Vikings:

30. :Browns:

31. :Rams:

• Upvote 1

1. :Packers: -- Playing the Packers? Might as well Pack it in and go back home. They're beatable, sure, but who's good enough to get the job done?

2. :49ers: -- Their big weakness is their #26 Pass defense, but who really cares when you're #1 in scoring defense. You might be able to pass down field, but you can't run the ball and chances are you'll be kicking field goals.

3. :Steelers: -- They put up a good team effort to take out the surprisingly competitive Bengals.

4. :Patriots: -- "Thirty-seven points on the best defense in the league, suck my dick" - Bill Belichick

5. :Saints: -- Tough game against the Falcons, but thanks to a turnover on downs, they get the easy win in overtime.

6. :Texans: -- I won't put them any lower until Leinart starts taking snaps, they deserve to be high for at least this week.

7. :Bears: -- Not a great effort by the offense, but the defense was completely dominant. Also, Hester, you are ridiculous.

8. :Giants: -- Good battle between 2 good teams, unfortunately they couldn't hold out as long as the 9ers could.

9. :Bengals: - Last week we wondered if they were for real, after seeing them lose against the Steelers, I say yes, they are for real. They may have lost the game but they put up a fight. The Red Rifle made some rookie mistakes, but considering the defense he was up against I'd say he had a pretty decent game.

10. :Ravens: -- If these guys were anymore up and down I'd get motion sickness.

11. :Falcons:-- Mike Smith is getting a lot of heat for his decision to go for it, but come on, it's over time against Drew Brees. It's not as bad of a choice as people make it out to be. If they made it, the media would be praising him for having the guts.

12. :Jets: -- Rex, Belichick is better than you.

13. :Lions:

14. :Cowboys:

15. :Raiders:

18. :Chargers:

19. :Broncos:

20. :Bucs:

21. :Eagles:

22. :Chiefs:

23. :jags:

24. :Cardinals:

25. :Browns:

26. :Vikings:

27. :panthers:

28. :Rams:

29. :dolphins:

30. :Seahawks:

31 :Redskins:

Edited by Shotgun
  • Upvote 1

Awesome guys, +1 to you all. Keep them coming!

1. :Packers: (9-0)

Nothing to see here folks, the Packers have almost gone a whole 16 games without ever trailing in the 4th quarter, and only being tied once... last season against the Bears. Stop them fast, because you are not coming back from a defecit.

2. :49ers: (8-1)

3. :Steelers: (7-3) (+2)

4. :Saints: (7-3) (+2)

I've never seen a group of linebackers look so inept until I watched Jason Snelling and Michael Turner bowl their way through the Saints D. If not for Drew Brees and the rest of the Saints offense putting twice the effort in, the Falcons would be division leaders. I must give props to the Saints for making a key stop in OT.

5. :Ravens: (6-3) (-2)

Ravens fans must be infuriated, how do you beat the Steelers in a great game, and then have absolutely nothing to show against the Seahawks. RUN. THE. FOOTBALL. Ray Rice will lead to the promised land, you just have to let him. Joe Flacco is crap this year.

6. :Giants: (6-3) (-2)

Strong fight by the Giants, but Kevin Killdrive lives up to his legacy as a bad offensive coordinator, confusing the offense on a key 4th down play.

7. :Bears: (6-3) (+2)

The Bears are here to make their claim as the biggest threat to the packers. The offensive line isn't great, but with Cutler taking less sacks, he has time to make the big throws he needs to while Matt Forte carries the offense. Add an always strong defense lead by some great players throughout, and you've got a strong team.

8. :Texans: (7-3) (+2)

They're 8 right now, but losing Matt Schaub is a huge blow. The Texans are probably gonna back up into a playoff berth, but not much further than that.

9. :Patriots: (6-3) (+3)

10. :Bengals: (6-3) (-2)

A strong showing by a young team, but the Steelers just had too much experience to lose that kind of game.

11. :Lions: (6-3) (-4)

12. :Cowboys: (5-4) (+4)

The Cowboys just feel too high here. I expect them to fall back to earth, but if DeMarco Murray is gonna continue playing like Emmitt Smith I may need to change my mind. Just one game out of the division now.

13. :Jets: (5-4) (-2)

The Jets should be getting ready to kiss BB's rings. They're on the wrong side of the tiebreaker with the Patriots for the division, as well as the Ravens for a key wildcard spot. They're looking from the outside of a very strong pack for this wildcard berth.

14. :Falcons: (5-4)

15. :Titans: (5-4) (+2)

With te injury to Matt Schaub, Hasslebeck is now the best QB in the AFC South. The Titans are 1.5 games back of the Texans at the moment, but there's a great opportunity for the Titans to make a push. Chris Johnson had his first good game of the season, he's gonna need some more if the Flaming Thumbtacks want to make a run.

16. :Bills: (5-4) (-3)

17. :Raiders: (5-4) (+3)

Just a small note, Carson Palmer's YPA is extremely high at the moment... he might just be the deep bomb QB the Raiders need. I am shitting my pants in terror, yet relieved that the rest of the division is only a game back.

18. :Chargers: (4-5) (-3)

19. :Bucs: (4-5)

20. :Chiefs: (4-5) (+1)

I'm not sure how I can explain the Chiefs moving up this week. Every other team around them is practicing ineptitude just as well as they are. Perhaps I'm just a believer in Tyler Palko. He can't be much worse than Matt Cassel, can he?

21. :Cardinals: (3-6) (+3)

Is John Skelton the salve to the Cardinals 4th Quarter choke jobs? Probably not, but he does seem to be getting the most out of the guys around him. It might be too soon to tell, but the Kolb trade and contract is looking really dumb at the moment.

22. :Eagles: (3-6) (-4)

23. :Broncos: (4-5) (+3)

24. :Vikings: (2-7) (-2)

25. :panthers: (2-7) (-2)

26. :jags: (3-6) (+1)

The Jags have a good defense... everything else sucks. They seem to play well enough to get a few garbage wins, but only if the other team will give it to them.

27. :Seahawks: (3-6) (+2)

28. :dolphins: (2-7) (+2)

29. :Browns: (3-6) (-5)

YOU ARE A FACTORY OF SADNESS! It's like they're playing a different sport out there.

30. :Rams: (2-7) (+1)

Last week's game made me sick. Talk about two teams who play not to lose and I'll show you two losers. Neither team is really making an effort to compete this year.

31. :Redskins: (3-6) (-3)

It takes a certain level of skill to make Rex Grossman seem like a good thing for your offense. With the Colts running away with the Luck sweepstakes, the Redskins could be the team to fill in at the niche second place.

32. :Colts: (0-10)

Comments later, as always.

Edited by RazorStar
  • Upvote 1

1. :Packers: (-) -Defense finally stepped up, and they would have shut out Minnesota if Cobb hadn't fumbled a punt. Regardless, the D's performance is good news for the Pack, and very bad news for the rest of the league.

2. :49ers: (-) -Niners continue to play excellent all-around football with a great win over the Giants, made even more impressive by the fact that the Giants completely shut down San Francisco's run-game. Alex Smith was able to step up and do what was needed for a victory that could end up being critical for tiebreakers at the end of the season.

3. :Texans: (-) -Houston is playing impressive without Andre Johnson, however, the injury that Schaub suffered against the Bucs may doom their season. Can Leinart be as effective at the helm as Schaub? If not, can the Texans even hang onto the South from a potentially resurgent Tennessee team?

4. :Steelers: (+3) -Pittsburgh came away with a great win over surprising division rival Cincy to retake command of the AFC North after Baltimore's loss to the Seahawks. With Schaub's injury, they may be the best, or at least the most consistent, team in the AFC.

5. :Giants: (-1) -A well-played game at San Francisco, but they couldn't come away with the win. Nevertheless, the G-men have a solid lead on the NFC East, and it's difficult to see any threat from their division rivals unless the Cowboys can string together some wins.

6. :Saints: (+3) -Played well enough in Atlanta to come away with the win, helped by a very questionable decision from the Falcons head coach. They have a comfortable 2-game lead over Atlanta, with a 1-0 lead in the series between the two teams. Unless the Falcons can come into New Orleans and beat the Saints, it's very difficult to believe Atlanta will overtake New Orleans for the NFC South title. Looks like the South's tradition of never having back-to-back division winners will continue for another year at least.

7. :Bears: (+5) -Chicago is for real. An absolutely dominating performance over the Lions showed that the Bears are not going away any time soon. Though Green Bay has all but locked up the NFC North, the Bears will be a dangerous wildcard.

8. :Patriots: (+6) -The defense came up big in an effort against the Jets on New York's home turf to complete the season sweep of their rivals, and give the Pats a two-game lead in the AFC East. The offense was also firing on all cylinders, and the Patriots appear to have swept out the cobwebs, for now.

9. :Bengals: (-1) -A valiant effort fell just short against the Steelers on Sunday. Although it seems likely that Cincy will not quite be good enough to take the AFC North, they should be able to snag a wildcard spot with the way the rest of their schedule looks.

10. :Ravens: (-5) -If you looked in the dictionary next to the word inconsistent, there would be a picture of the Baltimore Ravens. This team is simply schizophrenic. Their three losses have come against the Titans, Jaguars and Seahawks, they could easily be undefeated right now. Baltimore's tendency to play down to their weaker opponents will leave them in trouble if they can't continue their winning ways against their stronger rivals.

11. :Lions: (-5) -The Lions didn't merely get beat by Chicago, they got destroyed in all phases. Aside from a victory against the Broncos, the Lions have looked very shaky over the past few weeks. Their season could be collapsing around them. With two games still left against the Packers, the Lions have got to put it together sooner rather than later.

12. :Cowboys: (+3) -Dallas is another schizophrenic team on this list. They get blown out by Philly 34-7, then turn around two weeks later and absolutely demolish a Buffalo Bills squad 44-7. Not really sure where to place the Boys, so they fall here. They are the only challenger to New York for the NFC East title, which will probably be decided by who wins the season series between those two teams.

13. :Raiders: (+4) -Once Darren McFadden is healthy again, the Raiders will be even more of a complete team. Michael Bush filled in quite well, to say the least, in a crucial victory over division rival San Diego. Oakland is looking like the team to beat in the AFC West once again.

14. :Falcons: (-3) -A boneheaded decision by coach Mike Smith against New Orleans may have cost them the division. It certainly covered up the fact that Roddy White dropped the game-winning TD while still in regulation. Atlanta just punted away their big chance to catch up to the Saints. Too bad they didn't punt in overtime as well.

15. :Jets: (-5) -The Jets blew their opportunity. They were at home, the Patriots were reeling from a pair of losses, and they could have tied the season series and taken sole control of first place in the AFC East. Instead, they got blown out by New England and got swept in the season series, leaving the road to a division title a very tough one. And wildcards are looking very hard to come by in the AFC with the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens being the teams to beat for one of those two coveted spots.

16. :Titans: (+3) -CJ finally got it going a bit against the Panthers. It wasn't as good of a performance as the stats indicate, he still wasn't breaking tackles, and kept losing his footing trying to make big moves when he should have settled for the first down and a few extra yards. Still, it was definitely a better showing than he had given all season long. The Titans defense was more the story to me, however. A great showing, completely shutting down the Panthers vaunted aerial assault. With Schaub being hurt, the Titans may be able to upset Houston's hopes for a division title.

17. :Bills: (-4) -Back-to-back blowout losses have definitely hurt Buffalo's chances. They are still sitting with a 5-4 record, and they have the skill to compete with anyone, they've shown that throughout the course of the season. They need to right the ship, and they need to do it now. They can't afford to drop a 3rd straight game.

18. :Bucs: (-2) -A blowout loss to a Texans team in their house doesn't bode well for Tampa Bay's playoff future. The Bucs appear to be falling apart, and it's doubtful they can pull themselves back together in time for the playoffs.

19. :Cardinals: (+6) -This really seems too high to put Arizona. But they fall here after disappointing losses by the teams around them. A big test for John Skelton and the re-invigorated Cardinals offense at San Francisco this week.

20. :Eagles: (-2) -The loss to the Cardinals pretty much seals it. The Eagles are not making the playoffs this year. It's a disappointing season for a team that was labeled the Dream Team in pre-season, with hopes of a Super Bowl trophy. The talent is there. The maturity and the chemistry needed for wins are clearly not.

21. :Broncos: (+5) -Yes, Tim Tebow was 2 of 8 for 69 yards on the day. (And somehow had over a 100 QB rating, explain that one to me.) But what people are missing here is this: KC knew that Denver was going to try to run the ball down their throat. Denver lost McGahee and Moreno during the game, their two primary running backs. And they *still* ran the ball down KC's throat. That's a pretty impressive team performance.

22. :Seahawks: (+8) -It's very hard to beat Seattle at home. If they could somehow pretend they were at home when they were actually on the road, maybe they could win outside of Seattle as well. This team has beaten two teams in the top ten, the Giants and the Ravens. Why they can't put up that kind of performance every week is just puzzling.

23. :Chargers: (-) -The Chargers simply don't want to win. They don't have the heart to pull out close games, and they aren't playing good football. Vincent Jackson making absolutely no play on the game-clinching interception is just a microcosm of a season going all wrong. However, despite being 4-5 and having dropped 4 straight, they are still only a game back in the race for the AFC West title.

24. :jags: (-) -Beating the Colts 17-3 isn't really all that impressive. Still, a win is a win, and you take them where you can get them. Gabbert really needs to step it up and show that he can be a QB in the NFL, right now his play is rather lackluster.

25. :panthers: (-5) -How do you have two weeks to prepare for a team that has very little offensive weapons, and go out and not even compete. The special teams is a glaring weakness on this team, on both sides of the ball, (kicking game and coverage game). Newton finally had somewhat of an off-week, which was bound to happen.

26. :Chiefs: (-4) -A loss to Denver at Arrowhead and the injury to Matt Cassel significantly hurts KC's playoff hopes. However, they are still very much alive in the AFC West, only one game back. All they have to do is return to the form they were in a few weeks back.

27. :Vikings: (-6) -And the rookie fails the big test pretty miserably. The Vikes offense looked completely inept, and against a Green Bay defense that had been shaky all season. They're going to have to play better ball than that to compete with anyone at all, much less a team like the Packers.

28. :dolphins: (-1) -Forgive me for not being impressed with Miami beating the Skins. The Fins are at least winning games, and taking themselves out of the suck for Luck competition, which appears to have been won by Indy now.

29. :Rams: (-) -Again, forgive me if I'm not impressed with the Rams one-point victory over the lowly Browns. Not to mention they would have been down by 2 with 2 minutes to go if Cleveland had been able to hit a 22-yard FG.

30. :Browns: (-2) -An offense that can't get into the endzone isn't going to win you many football games. Nor is a special teams that can't hit a 22-yard chipshot to win.

31. :Redskins: (-) -Grossman or Beck, it doesn't matter. The team as a whole stinks. The management stinks. Why on earth would you start Torain over Helu when Helu had a very nice week 9 performance? I'm beginning to think Shanahan just reads the fantasy column, and whoever they say he is starting, he starts the other back just to spite them.

32. :Colts: (-) -Another week, another loss by Indy. Maybe Dan Orlovsky can breathe some life into one of the sorriest offenses I've ever seen, (and that's saying a lot, I had to watch Jimmy Clausen and the Panthers for sixteen games last season). But I'm not holding my breath. If Indy can't beat Jacksonville at home, then I really don't think they can beat anyone left on their schedule. Maybe Carolina can give them a game, but that's about the only shot Indy has at not going 0-16.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Awesome, got all of you so far. If I get some more tonight they'll for sure be posted.

This is our best turnout so far this season, great work guys thanks.

3. :49ers: - Yeah, yeah, I love great defenses as much as anybody else, but I flat out do not believe that Alex Smith is anything more than a stop-gap, Matt Cassel type quarterback.

So was Trent Dilfer.

Do there have to be comments to go along with the rankings? I'm willing to give my rankings but I don't wish to comment on every single team..

Do there have to be comments to go along with the rankings? I'm willing to give my rankings but I don't wish to comment on every single team..

No, you don't have to have comments. We just encourage you to put as much comments as you can so we have more people to draw from.

But we'd certainly rather have the rankings with no comments, than no rankings at all.

I apologise for missing last week's Power Rankings. I was busy with many other things and by the time I remembered to do them they were already posted. anyway, here's this week's list.

1. :Packers: (9-0) - I don't think anyone expected the Vikings to be any threat to the Undefeated packers in their own home, and they weren't. With yet another win the Packers are making a good case for a 16-0 season.

2. :49ers: (8-1) - I really thought the Niners were in for it this week. They faced down a Giants team who had just beat the Patriots, and it was a close one, but the Niners came out with the win keeping them in the runner-up spot right behind the Packers.

3. :Steelers: (7-3) - A divisional win is always good for your rankings. Even after being swept by the Ravens the Steelers refuse to surrender the AFC North without a fight.

4. :Texans: (7-3) - I'm not sure what to say here. The Texans have been extremely impressive this year, though Matt Schaub's injury could spell a second half disaster for a team that's been so solid all year.

5. :Patriots: (6-3) - After several weeks of mediocrity the Patriots return to form with a crushing win over the Jets. With the Bills falling apart the Patriots seem to have control of the AFC East.

6. :Saints: (7-3) - A win in OT against the Falcons helps the case of the Saints, but with their inconsistancy of late (IE, losing to the Rams) I have a hard time keeping them in the Top 5.

7. :Bears: (6-3) - Earlier this season I thought the Bears had taken a step back. However as the year rolls on they seem to get stronger. A crushing defeat of the Lions moves them farther up the ladder.

8. :Giants: (6-3) - The Giants tried their best but they just couldn't stand up to the Niners. Alex Smith, even with Gore going down, manages to hand them an L with hitherto unexpected passing skills.

9. :Bengals: (6-3) - They tried so hard, but knocking off the Steelers was just too tall an order for the rookie QB Dalton and his crew. A close loss keeps them from 1st place in the division.

10. :Lions: (6-3) - As teams get better and better at countering Calvin Johnson the Lions seem to struggle more and more. They need some answers of offense or their season is going to stall completely.

11. :Ravens: (6-3) - The Ravens suffer form a severe case of tunnel vision. The only team they see is the Steelers which causes them to sometimes forget they have to play 14 other games.

12. :Raiders: (5-4) - Suprisingly Carson Palmer seems to be working out for the Raiders. Of course, it helps to have a run game and Michael Bush is providing. A win over the Chargers puts the Raiders in control of the division. Now they have to prove they can hold it.

13. :Titans: (5-4) - Chris Johnson finally seems to be getting it in gear and that takes alot of pressure off Hasselbeck. Add in a great looking defense and the Titans could be going places so long as CJ2K doesn't relapse into CJ0K

14. :Cowboys: (5-4) - A crushing victory over the Bills helps the Cowboys make a case for the NFC East. Of course, they still have to catch the Giants.

15. :Falcons: (5-4) - A heartbreaking overtime loss to the Saints drops the Falcons farther back in their bid to seize the division. Here's a hint guys. More Michael Turner, less Julio Jones.

16. :Jets: (5-4) - The Jets get routed by the Patriots putting a hitch in their bid to seize the division. Rex Ryan might need to stop planning for the Superbowl and start planning for the games he still has to play to get there.

17. :Bills: (5-4) - The Bills get stomped by the Cowboys continuing them on their now two game slide down the rankings. They need to get themselves figured out before they blow what started out a promising season.

18. :Bucs: (4-5) - The Bucs lose their third straight game. This time getting crushed by the Texans which slides them down the charts as well as below .500.

19. :Broncos: (4-5) - I don't think any team is as confusing to me as the Denver Broncos. Tim Tebow only completes two passes and yet they win the game? I've got nothing...

20. :Chargers: (4-5) - The Chargers manage to fail against yet another team with a positive record. I don't know how a team this good can be so bad.

21. :Chiefs: (4-5) - I'm not sure how the Chiefs managed to lose this game, but they did. Tebow only completed two passes. Was your run defense just on vacation or something?

22. :Vikings: (2-7) - Things were starting to look up for you. Then you played the Packers. Ponder seems like a good Qb for the future but you need get him help. I wonder if they miss Sidney Rice yet?

23. :Cardinals: (3-6) - The Cardinals pull together a win against a "resurgent" Eagles team that well... wasn't so "resurgent", but the Eagles are getting the last laugh with Skelton being on the road to taking Kolb's job. Wasn't he supposed to be a franchise saver?

24. :Seahawks: (3-6) - The Seahawks manage to pull off an upset against the Ravens helped along by a ton of turnovers and Hauschka being a field-goal kicking machine. This was a good step forward, but you need to be finding the endzone more and kicking field-goals less.

25. :jags: (3-6) - the Jags manage to get another win, though it was over the hopelessly screwed Colts. Well you gotta take your victories where you can get them, right?

26. :dolphins: (2-7) - The Miami Dolphins pull out a win over the Redskins. After weeks of just barely losing could they finally found in answer in the unlikely person of Matt Moore?

27. :Eagles: (3-6) - Just when you thought the Eagles were getting it together they blow it. Again. This team just can't figure itself out.

28 :Rams: (2-7) - The Rams pull out a win over the Browns by a margin of 1 point. after being on the road to 0-16 for so long though, any win for them is a good win.

29. :panthers: (2-7) - The Panthers continue to fail. This time getting rocked 30-3 by the Titans. Cam Newton just has to be frusterated. Can't someone help this guy?

30. :Browns: (3-6) - The Browns lose by one point to the Rams. Not sure what else to say to that. Hows that Madden curse guys?

31. :Redskins: (3-6) - The Redskins slide even further as their team continues to implode. Didn't I say they were looking good at one point this season?

32. :Colts: (0-10) - The Colts continue to prove how badly they fail without Peyton Manning. At this point 0-16 is looking like a very real, and very likely possibility for them.

Edited by Jayrus
  • Upvote 1

8. :Giants: (6-3) - The Giants tried their best but they just couldn't stand up to Frank Gore. Yet another NFC West team hands them an L.

Err, it was Alex Smith that won the game, not Gore. Gore was completely shut down for the short time he was in, (he got injured in the first half).

Oh and Cromp doesn't like the fact that I have the Pats at #8. He thinks that's too high.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Err, it was Alex Smith that won the game, not Gore. Gore was completely shut down for the short time he was in, (he got injured in the first half).

Oh and Cromp doesn't like the fact that I have the Pats at #8. He thinks they're too high.

Alex was great but after Carlos Rodgers 2nd INT that setup Kendall Hunter's 17 yard TD the game was pretty much over. Though they were a Manningham catch away from tying the game.

Alex was great but after Carlos Rodgers 2nd INT that setup Kendall Hunter's 17 yard TD the game was pretty much over. Though they were a Manningham catch away from tying the game.

Oh the defense played great, but that was a given. The Niners defense is the best in the league, IMO.

I was talking about on the offensive side of things.

Oh the defense played great, but that was a given. The Niners defense is the best in the league, IMO.

I was talking about on the offensive side of things.

Yeah who would have thought the gameplan going into the game was throw throw throw. Alex could have had two TDs if Ginn doesn't cost him.

14. :Falcons: (-3) -A boneheaded decision by coach Mike Smith against New Orleans may have cost them the division. It certainly covered up the fact that Roddy White dropped the game-winning TD while still in regulation. Atlanta just punted away their big chance to catch up to the Saints. Too bad they didn't punt in overtime as well.

Not really. Punting would have just made the field goal a little harder. You have to go for it with only one yard left, the idea wasn't incorrect, it was just a bad play call for the situation. Why would you ever run it into a wall when you need one yard, I'll never understand.

Sorry about that, guys. I fixed my blurb for the Giants to be more accurate. I didn't watch the game and expected another Frank Gore assbeating. A passing game isn't usually what you picture when you think Niners football. Especially when your QB is Alex Smith. Then again maybe he doesn't suck so much after all.

Okay great, just waiting on Bware to finish his, and Eefluxx is a regular contributor so I'll give both those guys til tonight to submit their rankings and then post it.

:Titans: (5-4) - Calvin Johnson finally seems to be getting it in gear and that takes alot of pressure off Hasselbeck

WE HAVE CALVIN JOHNSON!?!?!

829575_o.gif