BLUE

Rob Gronkowski sets TE record

Per Rotoworld.com:

With two scores Monday night, Rob Gronkowski became the fastest tight end to reach 20 career touchdowns.

It took Gronkowski just 26 games to find the end zone 20 times, breaking Mike Ditka's 48-year-old record. Ditka needed 31 games to get to 20 scores. Gronk won't turn 23 until May, making Tony Gonzalez's career record of 95 touchdowns (and counting) a distinct possibility. T-Gonz scored a total of four touchdowns in his first two NFL seasons. Nov 22 - 8:14 AM

Source: ESPN Boston

The guy is just a gifted, phenomenal athlete. I wanted him in one of my fantasy leagues but to no avail. :(

And this mofo is only 22...

Gronk is a BAMF. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players in the league.

Guest Phailadelphia

What makes this all that more impressive is that he is arguably the best blocking TE as well. He's a more athletic version of Jason Witten and THAT is terrifying.

• Upvote 1

What makes this all that more impressive is that he is arguably the best blocking TE as well. He's a more athletic version of Jason Witten and THAT is terrifying.

Yeah, too bad his brother couldn't be the same for us.

Guest Phailadelphia

No kidding. Instead, his brother got our QB put on IR.

So, I guess there isn't any doubt anymore about who the best TE is on the Pats?

I like Hernandez, but fuck man, I have NO CLUE as to why he was getting more hype than Gronk going into last season. And even after last season was over, people still thought Hernandez was the better TE. Told all these idiots that Gronk would soon be a top 5 TE, but they didn't listen. :nonono:

So, I guess there isn't any doubt anymore about who the best TE is on the Pats?

I like Hernandez, but fuck man, I have NO CLUE as to why he was getting more hype than Gronk going into last season. And even after last season was over, people still thought Hernandez was the better TE. Told all these idiots that Gronk would soon be a top 5 TE, but they didn't listen. :nonono:

I didn't understand that either. I drafted Gronk as my #1 TE in almost all of my fantasy teams kind of late in the draft because nobody was picking him up for the most part.

I drafted Gronk with my last pick of a 12 man league. Haters hating.

People thought Gronkowski would slow down this year after a great rookie year. I laughed at them and told them otherwise. This kid will only get better. He's an enormous player with the strength to make him an elite blocking TE as well as an elite recieving TE. This guy does it all and goes above and beyond in order to succeed. The scariest thing for other teams to consider is that this guy is only 22. He will get better, he will get bigger, he will get smarter, and he will make more plays. Watch out NFL. :yep:

I love this kid, he's gifted athletically and smart and he's still young. He's got GREAT hands and is an all around great TE. A lot of teams have got "Gronked" and a lot more will be getting "Gronked" this season and beyond. You can't stop the Gronk.

He's a beast...Everybody wants him....enough said...

Now I wonder if Gronk can get 7 more TD's to tie Randy Moss' record for recieving TD's scored in a players first two seasons (Moss has 28). I think Gronk's capable of doing this but I can't see teams letting him get as open as he has been getting and all. I do think he'll break the record for TD's in a season for a TE which is currently set at 13. Gronk!!! :rock:

I love watching Gron, he's got such a great all around game. He's an elite recieving TE, but is also an elite blocking TE... Second best TE in the NFL IMO.

I love watching Gron, he's got such a great all around game. He's an elite recieving TE, but is also an elite blocking TE... Second best TE in the NFL IMO.

Which begs the question: Who do you think is better? Jimmy Graham?

Which begs the question: Who do you think is better? Jimmy Graham?

Jason Witten didn't die or anything..Witten still holds that title. Witten has consistently been the best receiving and blocking tight end in the NFL for years now.

The guy is just an absolute machine. He plays great in the receiving game and he can block better than any tight end in the league just about, what else could you ask for out of a tight end? Nothing. He's the complete package. Oh and don't forget the fact that he's freaking huge! What, 6'5? Something like that, yet he is as quick and agile on his feet as any wide receiver in the league. The guy just isn't human. As a huge Tony Gonzalez fan (Even his days before he landed with my beloved Falcons), I can honestly say that before it's all said and done we will probably be seeing Gronkowski break majority of his records and marks.

The guy is just an absolute machine. He plays great in the receiving game and he can block better than any tight end in the league just about, what else could you ask for out of a tight end? Nothing. He's the complete package. Oh and don't forget the fact that he's freaking huge! What, 6'5? Something like that, yet he is as quick and agile on his feet as any wide receiver in the league. The guy just isn't human. As a huge Tony Gonzalez fan (Even his days before he landed with my beloved Falcons), I can honestly say that before it's all said and done we will probably be seeing Gronkowski break majority of his records and marks.

I love Gonzalez, but I think Gronk has the capability of breaking his records as well. We'll have to see if he stays with New England once his contract is up and if his productivity will decrease when Brady leaves. I'm glad a Falcons can be honest without bias here. :clap:

New England's Rob Gronkowski has three TD catches today and 14 for the season, a new record for a tight end. Gronkowski briefly shared the mark Sunday afternoon with Antonio Gates and Vernon Davis, who'd managed 13 TD grabs in a year. Souce: USA Today
Edited by BayAreaBomber

Gronk is fucking clutch on my team.

That stat is wrong. Gronk had 2 recieving TD's and a rushing TD, not 3 recieving TD's. He has 13 recieving TD's on the season, not 14. 13 TD's through 12 games is a hell of a feat. I honestly think he has a shot at tying or breaking Randy Moss's record for recieving TD's in a players first two seasons (28). Gronk has 4 games to get 5. That's definitely a possibility. Gronk, you're the man! :rock:

lolUSAToday.

It was originally counted as a passing TD- Brady did throw the ball to him, but it was a backwards pass, and thus officially is a rushing TD, (which means Brady didn't get credit for it in fantasy-land. :()