BLUE

Falcons Acquire CB Asante Samuel for 7th Round Draft Pick

Reid started to grease the skids for Asante Samuel's departure when he mentioned Thursday how Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie - expected to fill in for the injured Samuel on Saturday - is more comfortable playing outside than in the slot. That is obviously true, but Reid is hardly ever so forthcoming. Samuel and his hefty contract will be dealt elsewhere - although the Eagles won't get anything near what they would have had they traded him during training camp - and Rodgers-Cromartie will start opposite Nnamdi Asomugha next season. Schematically, if the Eagles are intent on not blitzing as much, it makes more sense to have the two press corners.

Read more: Philly.com

Edited by Favre4Ever

Yea Philly.com. Really going out on a limb there eh?

This is definitely what needs to happen. Put DRC back on the outside where he belongs, and put Joselio Hanson in the slot where he belongs. Then upgrade the linebackers and pray Nate Allen/Jaiqwaun Jarrett take a big step forward, and we've got ourselves a nice little defense.

Atlanta Please. That way we can have the head-hunting duo of Robinson and Asante giving out more concussions than INT's :yep:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't see it personally. DRC has been beyond awful and the Eagles have already found out what it's like to play a season with one good CB. If anything I would cut, yes I would cut DRC. He can't tackle and he can't cover. I don't care how good an athlete you are if you can't do either of those then you should have no place on this defense.

Took care of it.

Yeah, because Asante is such a physical corner known for his bone-crushing hits and proficient tackling ability.

He aims for the head...never said he was a proficient tackler...

Fuck. Accidentally negged you, Stevo.

Asshole. Coal for Christmas this year for j00.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Eagles GM Howie Roseman admitted Friday the Eagles will listen to trade offers for CB Asante Samuel.

"We’re always open to phone calls and to seeing if something works," Roseman said. He added, however, that he still believes Samuel, Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie can co-exist in the same secondary. "Last year was a unique situation in terms of practice time and preparation time, so I think that it gives us an opportunity with this offseason, with a normal offseason, to kind of jell together." Due $8.4 million in 2012, Samuel remains more likely than not to be dealt. Feb 18 - 10:32 AM

Source: Wilmington News Journal

Really really hope Roseman is posturing with talk of keeping the same three top corners. We have three outside corners and one slot corner (Joselio Hanson). One of the outside guys has to go, and it's gotta be Asante.

Not a diss to you blue but this article is based on absolutely nothing.

Not a diss to you blue but this article is based on absolutely nothing.

Thanks. It didn't stop you from posting in this thread more than once and others from also posting in. Asante being moved has been a topic of discussion here in the shoutbox and other threads. I even think SteVo made a thread about Asante a few weeks ago.

Guess what? I won't stop posting similar news threads, for the aforementioned reasons.

Thanks. It didn't stop you from posting in this thread more than once and others from also posting in. Asante being moved has been a topic of discussion here in the shoutbox and other threads. I even think SteVo made a thread about Asante a few weeks ago.

Guess what? I won't stop posting similar news threads, for the aforementioned reasons.

I'm not saying your should stop posting these threads. I just more have a problem with the title of the article. "Asante Samuel will be dealt in the off season." Really? Based on what? Your opinion? It makes itself seem to be credible or that it's guaranteed to happen. I don't have a problem with talking about possible Asante deals but before the title makes it seem like the guy has some kind of inside scoop. Fucking stevo would have wrote a better and more compelling article and would have been more professional than this eventhough he's not even a journalist.

Be mad at your fucking own beat writers then, not me.

Be mad at your fucking own beat writers then, not me.

I'm not mad at you at all dude. You're misunderstanding me.

Fucking stevo would have wrote a better and more compelling article and would have been more professional than this eventhough he's not even a journalist.

:wub:

Maybe they could trade him and a draft pick for Kevin Kolb. That'd be smart, right?

Per Rotoworld.com:

Sources tell the Philadelphia Inquirer that Asante Samuel would not let a possible restructuring of his contract "impede" a trade this offseason.

Samuel's $9.9 million base salary is prohibitive. It's worth noting that he's talking about a restructure as a opposed to a paycut, so skids may not exactly be greased by Samuel's stance. Still, it's a start in the right direction. The Lions had a deal on the table for Samuel last summer. The Inquirer also floats the Titans, Bucs, Chargers, and Browns as potential trade partners. Mar 27 - 10:28 PM

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Edited by BLUE

I am tired of hearing about this guy... Trade him already. lol

Here we go...

TitanInsider's Terry McCormick reports the Titans have "some interest" in trading for Asante Samuel.

Tennessee is on the lookout for a top corner after losing Cortland Finnegan to the Rams. Although Samuel is willing to restructure his salary to lower the cap figure, $9.9 million in base salary is a lot to move in a trade regardless. The Titans would have to satisfy the Eagles' trade demands, which are believed to be "at least a third-round pick."

Source: TitanInsider

Per Rotoworld.com:

A league source tells CSN Philadelphia that the Eagles could trade Asante Samuel to the Titans "some time in the next few days."

Per Gunn, the price tag would be a third-round pick. Titan Insider's Terry McCormick reported earlier Wednesday that the Titans had "at least some interest" in uniting Samuel with Alterraun Verner and Jason McCourty, and the 31-year-old playmaker could almost certainly be Tennessee's at the third-round cost. The Titans have been aggressive since whiffing on Peyton Manning, signing Kam Wimbley and now setting their sights on a top NFL cornerback. Mar 28 - 10:31 PM

Source: CSN Philly

Tennessean blogger Jim Wyatt is skeptical

The Titans aren't on the verge of trading for Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel, and any interest int he four-time Pro Bowler is lukewarm at best. On Wednesday night, CSNPhilly.com reported a deal between the Titans and Eagles could be reached within the next few days.

Don't hold your breath.

It's no secret that Samuel is on the trading block. I suspect the Eagles talked to teams at the owner's meetings in Florida earlier this week. But the Titans, despite losing cornerback Cortland Finnegan in free agency, won't give up a conditional third-round pick, as the report suggested. And despite Samuel's willingness to re-do his deal, the Titans won't be willing to pay him a hefty price either.

The Titans return cornerbacks Jason McCourty and Alterraun Verner, and Ryan Mouton, Tommie Campbell and Chris Hawkins will also be in the mix. I suspect the Titans will add a cornerback in the draft, and it won't surprise me if they grab a vet in free agency.

Will Samuel join the fold? I doubt it.

Link