Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Source: Colts to draft Andrew Luck

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7435726/indianapolis-colts-draft-andrew-luck-stanford-cardinal-no-1-pick-sources-say

With the stunning dismissal of Bill Polian, the architect of the Colts' 11 playoff appearances, uncertainties remain over Peyton Manning's health and Jim Caldwell's future as coach, but sources say one thing is certain: Colts owner Jim Irsay plans to take Andrew Luck with the draft's first-round pick. Sources say Irsay sees symmetry in the franchise history of draft picks and will not pass on the opportunity to complete it. In 1983, the Colts took John Elway with the No. 1 pick, only to see Irsay's father, Bob, trade the Hall of Famer.

Fifteen years later, the Colts took Manning.

Now 14 years after that, Jim Irsay wants to draft his quarterback for the next 12 to 15 years.

No surprise here.

Makes sense. There's no better QB in the league for Andrew Luck to learn from than Peyton Manning.

Edited by RANGA
  • Upvote 1

Over/under on weeks until we see the first "Report: Rams to draft Justin Blackmon?"

Fuck this, fuck Indy's luck. Fuck them. I've never hated them before but now they're on my hate list. All these teams that have been dying to find a franchise QB and the first guy that comes along that is very close to a sure thing, Indy get him.

FUCK INDY.

I'm a little surprised they're not trying to put up any smoke screens, but I guess they see the futility of that exercise

Makes sense. There's no better QB in the league for Andrew Luck to learn from than Peyton Manning.

You know nothing about Peyton Manning if you think he's going to mentor someone. He didn't do it at UT, and has never done it in his career in Indy. He could give a fuck less how good the guy behind him on the depth chart is.

• Upvote 1

You know nothing about Peyton Manning if you think he's going to mentor someone. He didn't do it at UT, and has never done it in his career in Indy. He could give a fuck less how good the guy behind him on the depth chart is.

:clap:

First person I've heard to point that out. Peyton doesn't mentor his backups.

:clap:

First person I've heard to point that out. Peyton doesn't mentor his backups.

You can mentor without being a nice guy or doing it willingly.

I see Brett Favre in Aaron Rodgers every Sunday.

You can't mentor guys like Tee Martin, Jim Sorgi, Curtis Painter... if all they do is be no talent suck asses.

Yeah its not like hes going to invite Luck over for dinner every week and read the playbook together. Luck will learn by watching him practice, dissecting film, being on the bench with Manning after a scoring drive, etc.