Favre4Ever

NY Giants @ Green Bay Packers

Injury Report update....

A quick look at the second-to-last injury report of the week:

New York Giants: Two players were added to the report: Cornerback Corey Webster (hamstring) and safety Deon Grant (quadriceps). Both were limited Thursday in practice. Running back D.J. Ware (concussion) returned to practice. Running back Ahmad Bradshaw (foot/back) and linebacker Mark Herzlich (ankle) both sat out for a second consecutive day.

Green Bay Packers: All but two players were full participants in a practice held indoors because of snow and wind. Receiver/kick returner Randall Cobb (groin) and linebacker Robert Francois (hamstring) were limited.

Line of Packer fans this morning wanting to help shovel out Lambeau...

495138564.jpg?Expires=1326472787&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=wMrVkrl88GoyBrPm4otNKxWsSJTbpobmXjklGuxIdz1-PbdZjXLMFqDRiYObt6YCCx2C9AsueQ9qWXaKfXchFboVicNf7VDe2WzsA5ld19D9Y9iK8wWB~K0NSw6pQqICL1xNBYIamwg7tKN96NZaGZnME2p1C-3UpThqSYfF6xw_

Should be a fun one just like their matchup earlier this year was. Unfortunately, I see the Packers coming out on top again.

Even though everyone is predicting an upset... And that VERY WELL could happen. I refuse to give up before we even take the field.

I am praying, and making my prediction, based on the fact that I believe our defense will sort of show up (LOL at that idea).

Packers - 28

Giants - 17

Guest Phailadelphia

Pulling for the Giants just cause I want to see an upset...but I won't be mad if GB wins. NOLA/GB NFCCG will be incredible.

No upset prediction here. There are no upsets this far into the playoffs, regardless of what the regular season records say. If the Packers lose, it'll be on their defense, just like the Arizona game was a few years back. If the Giants lose, it's because Eli had a bad day. I'm sure Green Bay is studying that Washington tape to see how to get the Giants off their back. With Greg Jennings healthy, I don't see the Packers O being stopped.

:Packers: 34

:Giants: 28

:Giants: 31

:Packers: 21

Like Razor said, this wouldn't be an upset. This is the playoffs.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

Thought about this game all week.

Everybody is comparing this Giants team to the 2008 SB Champions. I see a slight similarity but this Packers team is much different than the one they played in 2008.

For one, we have Aaron Rodgers now, a precision quarterback who is efficient beyond belief. We no longer have Old Gambler heaving the rock in moments of despair.

Second, our offense is more potent than in 2008. Aside from Aaron Rodgers, we have Greg Jennings who has turned into a top 5 NFL receiver (after only 1 reception in the 2008 NFC Championship), Jordy Nelson who jumped onto the scene to lead the team in TD and Rec Yards, James Jones who is overlooked by a lot of defenses but can still make huge plays, Donald Driver who is still making plays even at his age, and Randall Cobb who is dangerous on both offense and special teams. That's just our receivers. We also have Ryan Grant and James Starks (I believe he's healthy now) who are both underrated as running backs and can bite off a big run every now and then, and Jermichael Finley who is a big red zone weapon. John Kuhn probably won't have a huge impact but he's always something defensive coordinators have to plan for. I suspect, though, that we'll have him pass blocking (or run blocking) 95% of the time.

Third, our defense thrives off mistakes, which the Giants have made against us in the past, and our offense turns nearly all of an opponent's mistakes into some sort of points. I don't predict the Giants to make too many mistakes, though. I think Eli will throw 1 interception at most (if he throws one at all).

One other X-factor (small X-factor) I'd like to point out is that the Packers just lost a "family member" in coach Philbin's son. Philbin hasn't been with the team all week and I don't know if he'll be at the game Sunday. But fighting for Philbin might give the Pack some motivation, and we might notice it early on in the game. That might happen or it might not, I'm not sure.

The Giants are a good team with a good pass rush but I think that McCarthy is gonna go heavy on the pass early with an extra blocker for Rodgers. He's gonna want to put quick points on the board then slow their pass rush later with Ryan Grant.

My prediction:

:Packers: 34

:Giants: 28

Go :Packers:!

What's not being brought up at all is how dominant GB has been at home. They outscored opponents 321 to 171, averaging 40pts a game. Haven't lost a game in Lambeau since week 6 last season and have only 3 losses at home in the past 3 seasons. Lambeau has been a huge advantage for Green Bay recently.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010
  • Downvote 1

We'll make this as easy as we can: Of the 106 players on the combined active rosters of the New York Giants and Green Bay Packers, only two are unlikely to be available for Sunday's divisional playoff game at Lambeau Field.

The Giants have ruled out linebacker Mark Herlzich, who is sidelined by an ankle injury. And Packers linebacker Robert Francois is doubtful because of a hamstring injury that prevented him from practicing Friday.

Everyone else is probable or unlisted on the final injury report of the week. That includes Packers left tackle Chad Clifton, who took a veteran rest day Friday, and offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith (illness). Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw (foot) returned to practice Friday and is probable.

NFC N Blog

Packers’ Pro Bowl nose tackle B.J. Raji openly questioned the Giants offensive line’s toughness yesterday according to Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post. “Not saying they’re soft, but it’s not the toughest group I have been against,” said Raji, a former first-round pick and New York City native who starred in high school at Westwood in Bergen County. “I played [the Giants’ offensive line] once this year and once last year,” Raji added, referring to a pair of Green Bay victories. “I can only judge from my vantage point up front — not necessarily the most physical. Their backs are pretty physical, but it’s not the toughest [offensive line].” “Ahmad [bradshaw] is always tough,” Raji said. “He’s a good player, and he plays hard all the time. When Brandon’s running like Brandon, he’s very tough to tackle.”

Source: The Redzone

lolBJRajifail

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

How? Would you say Giants' o-line is tough?

I just don't see why BJ Raji is talking shit. They let up 35 points to the Giants in their 1st game this season. O-line must have been relatively tough if they put up that many points against them.

• Upvote 1

Not to mention the fact that Raji was pretty awful this season.

• Upvote 1

There's been a lot of talk this week... Not that I expect anything differently. This game is turned into a quasi-rivalry over the last few years.

According to the New York Post, New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul has guaranteed a win over the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round of the 2012 NFL Playoffs.

The Giants (10-6) defeated the Atlanta Falcons 24-2 in the opening round of the playoffs, and now travel to Lambeau Field to take on the 15-1 Packers. But to Pierre-Paul, the only way the game ends is with a Giants victory.

“We’re going to win,’’ said Pierre-Paul, who didn’t register a sack against the Falcons but tallied 16.5 during the regular season. “One hundred percent we’re going to win … because we’re the best.’’

FTR - I don't expect him to say anything different, and I am not criticizing him for the comments. Just putting it out there.

Love seeing lots of trash talk from both sides leading up to a playoff football game. Even if the game ends up being one-sided and boring, that means that one group of smack talkers has some 'splainin' to do.

Not to mention the fact that Raji was pretty awful this season.

He was more than awful. Thankfully he had one of his best pass rushing days all season against that Giants line. Just like he did last season.

Every season more than 250,000 high school seniors play football, but only one out of every 10,000 actually makes it to the NFL. Of those lucky few, about half of 1 percent go on to earn a Super Bowl ring. Put another way, a high school football player is nearly five times more likely to be hit by lightning than to one day hoist the Lombardi trophy.

So the story of Jacobs, the blue chip running back who fulfilled his destiny with the Giants in Super Bowl XLII, and Williams, the walk-on corner who won a ring last year with Green Bay, is nothing less than remarkable. And not just because they were high school teammates who both beat the enormous odds, but also because of the way they did it. "You couldn't find two more different players, or people, who took two more different paths to the top," says Herb Washington, Assumption's quarterback in 2000 and now the school's offensive coordinator. "The way I describe it is, football fell in love with Brandon and bent over backwards for him, while Tramon fell in love with football and had to bend over backwards for it."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7454680/nfl-giants-brandon-jacobs-packers-tramon-williams-beat-odds-win-super-bo

One of the best stories I've ever read on ESPN. Highly suggest you read it.

Interesting fact: This will be the first time in NFL history that two quarterbacks who have already won a Super Bowl MVP will face each other in a Playoff game.

Interesting fact: This will be the first time in NFL history that two quarterbacks who have already won a Super Bowl MVP will face each other in a Playoff game.

That's great and a big reason why this game should be fantastic.

I just don't see why BJ Raji is talking shit. They let up 35 points to the Giants in their 1st game this season. O-line must have been relatively tough if they put up that many points against them.

I don't see why anybody would even look into those comments at all.

"Not the toughest I've ever played against"

...big deal.

Not like the Giants haven't been saying similar things all week...