Glanvilles Grits

ESPN First Take - Unwatchable

Maybe this isn't in the right forum, who knows but it's here anyway. I used to tune in to first take just to see what they were debating and once in a while there was a really good discussion going on. Hell, before it was called First Take, I used to watch Cold Pizza almost religiously.

Now though? Shit! They have to put Stephen A. Smith on national television every day. I've never seen a guy so over-worked, loud, obnoxious, repeating, and quite frankly someone who has such an annoying gosh damn voice. Why do they put this blundering idiot on the show? None the less he sits across from Skip Bayless. Personally, I have no issue with Bayless because he actually makes quite a few good points usually but when he's across from Stephen A.? It's just ridiculous.

And that even goes without mentioning the fact that 5 days a week for about 8 weeks now we've been listening to the Tim Tebow debate, EVERY DAY.

Does anyone else have such a hard time watching this show?

My roommate always watches this show.

It's terrible.

And Skip Bayless sucks. Terribly.

You didn't hear about ESPN's new schedule lineup?

MIke and MIke in the morning with Tim Tebow

First Take with Tim Tebow

ESPN sportscenter featuring Tim Tebow

Pardon Tim Tebow

Around the Tebow

NFL Primtime with special guest John Elway talking about Tim Tebow

C'mon man I thought everyone knew this

(I would like to say I didn't come up will all of these titles, these are just titles I have seen thrown out there from other forums complaining about the same thing)

(Although the last one was mine)

I thought it was better when it was called Cold Pizza and they only debated 10 topics which is how 1st and 10 got started. Now it is just a constant debate with idiots.

Edited by Eefluxx
  • Upvote 1

I used to watch a lot, but now I don't bother unless I'm expecting them debate something involving one of my teams. I'm tired of hearing the same arguments over and over and Skip is pretty annoying in general. It is pretty entertaining when he and SAS bitch at each other though, just not when it is the same reused argument constantly. Especially the Tebow one as people here have already pointed out.

I watch to Mike and Mike in the morning and there is actually a lot less Tebow talk. I like those guys.

I like Mike and Mike, but watching their show would require me waking up in the morning so fuck that. :yep:

Yeah,I have a hard time watching this show...It's so annoying...

Stephen A. is a faggot but Skip is the man. Great troll. :yep:

Stephen A. is a faggot but Skip is the man. Great troll. :yep:

:yep: Skip is a really good troll. That being said, I agree with Chris; First Take has become unwatchable. I only peek if I know Terrell Suggs is going to be on making some valid points against Skip "Professional Steelers/Patriots apologist" Bayless.

They hardly EVER talk about NFL teams not named Jets, Packers, Steelers, Eagles, Colts, Patriots and Tebows. Every other team has to be playing against one of the aforementioned teams to be slightly included in the show. But hey, it's ESPN... :facepalm:

Zero variety on debates. I can't count how many times I've heard: "Can Tim Tebow be a starter?" among others. It's the same questions with the same bullshit debates.

Then add the "quest debaters", Rob Parker is a fool unless it's baseball, that small African American 9ers fan woman is delusional, Stephen A Smith needs to stick to basketball, etc. Surprisingly Eric Mangini is hands down the best person on the show. He's the ONLY person on the show that actually constructs valid arguments with insight and comparisons.

As said Skip is great troll, but his debates are mediocre. His debates mostly of Tebow, irrational claims and fuckery...

The show is terrible. But not the worst in ESPN... hello, Sports Nation :rolleyes:

Guest Phailadelphia

I feel like there are only 2 watchable shows on ESPN:

Around the Horn

Pardon the Interruption

That's it.

I like Mike and Mike, but watching their show would require me waking up in the morning so fuck that. :yep:

This. I absolutely LOVEEEEEEEE Mike and Mike. But 5 - 9? God Dayum.

:yep: Skip is a really good troll. That being said, I agree with Chris; First Take has become unwatchable. I only peek if I know Terrell Suggs is going to be on making some valid points against Skip "Professional Steelers/Patriots apologist" Bayless.

They hardly EVER talk about NFL teams not named Jets, Packers, Steelers, Eagles, Colts, Patriots and Tebows. Every other team has to be playing against one of the aforementioned teams to be slightly included in the show. But hey, it's ESPN... :facepalm:

Zero variety on debates. I can't count how many times I've heard: "Can Tim Tebow be a starter?" among others. It's the same questions with the same bullshit debates.

Then add the "quest debaters", Rob Parker is a fool unless it's baseball, that small African American 9ers fan woman is delusional, Stephen A Smith needs to stick to basketball, etc. Surprisingly Eric Mangini is hands down the best person on the show. He's the ONLY person on the show that actually constructs valid arguments with insight and comparisons.

As said Skip is great troll, but his debates are mediocre. His debates mostly of Tebow, irrational claims and fuckery...

The show is terrible. But not the worst in ESPN... hello, Sports Nation :rolleyes:

I like SportsNation. :shrug:

SportsNation is bad...but First Take is way worse.

I like SportsNation. :shrug:

Do you like sportsnation? Or do you just like Michelle Beadle?

Skip Bayless is also the biggest Cowboys homer. Tony Romo unfortunatly got replaced with Tebow this year as his man crush.

Do you like sportsnation? Or do you just like Michelle Beadle?

Skip Bayless is also the biggest Cowboys homer. Tony Romo unfortunatly got replaced with Tebow this year as his man crush.

Okay, you got me. Mostly Beadle. :happy:

But I do like some of the games they play and the sort of friendly rivalry between Beadle and Cowherd. They do discuss the same shit over and over but I try to watch it on days that I don't take naps or go to the gym after work.

Edited by baltimoreravens

If you think SportsNation is bad normally, watch when Colin gets a day off and Skip fills in for hime. Good lulz.

But nothing on ESPN will EVER be worse than this

Mike and Mike is okay at times, but I'm all about The Herd. Easily the best show on ESPN.

Mike and Mike is okay at times, but I'm all about The Herd. Easily the best show on ESPN.

Haha.

Obvious troll job is obvious.

Nice try though Fart :biggrin:

Edited by Favre4Ever

I can't stand anything on ESPN aside from actual sports. I barely know the difference between all of the shows you guys are mentioning.

I kinda like sportsnation... But I don't mind Stephen A. Smith, he's actually pretty funny with his over the top reactions.

Maybe it's cause i'm black... :shrug:

But I can't stand anything that has to do with the NFL analyzing when it comes to ESPN. Especially Numbers Never Lie...

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

I hate that show with the Hispanic guy and his dad, the one that comes on before Jim Rome is Burning on ESPN2.

Dan Le Batard, yeah... that show is garbage.

• Upvote 1

I can't stand anything on ESPN aside from actual sports. I barely know the difference between all of the shows you guys are mentioning.

That's because other than SportsCenter all the "shows" on ESPN are the same thing. They go from one dumbass to the next, talking about the same thing over and over. Each show has their own individual faggotry that they specialize in, whether it's Skip, Colin Cowherd, SAS, etc. First Take happens to have both Skip Bayless AND Stephen A Smith so it's doubly bad. The only reason anybody could possibly watch Sports Nation is because that chick is hot.

I consider all these shows that have been mentioned here "Sports Analysis Shows for Sports Retards". My roommate watches every single one and I get so annoyed I want to break the cable cord.

I kinda like sportsnation... But I don't mind Stephen A. Smith, he's actually pretty funny with his over the top reactions.

Maybe it's cause i'm black... :shrug:

But I can't stand anything that has to do with the NFL analyzing when it comes to ESPN. Especially Numbers Never Lie...

Do you think Tyler Perry is funny?

• Upvote 1