Sign in to follow this  
әightninә.

Peyton Manning.

Although there has been plenty of speculations to releases, and trades to such destinations of Miami, New York, and Washington, do you see him staying, or going? If going, where?

ESPN's Adam Schefter said on SportsCenter Thursday morning that "people around the league" expect the Colts to release Peyton Manning before his $28 million option bonus comes due on March 8. "Most people around the league now expect (Manning to be cut)," Schefter said. "It's a near-certainty."

I figured Manning would be with Indy through his whole career.

If I was him, I might just retire. But it seems like he wants to play so as everyone seems to think Miami or Seattle.

I see either San Fran, or Washington being the places he ends up if he is able to play next season.

I know Alex Smith had a pretty darn good season, but I could see Harbaugh wanting to get a healthy Manning to man that offense.

We all know that Dan Snyder has a reputation for getting veteran players though. :shrug:

Guest Phailadelphia

Rumors of Peyton to Dallas on Twitter. Are you people serious? He'd be dead before week 3 behind this oline.

Rumors of Peyton to Dallas on Twitter. Are you people serious? He'd be dead before week 3 behind this oline.

Well, he is one of the best in the NFL at getting the ball out quickly, and the receiving core definitely has some talent.

If the O-Line is addressed even a little in the off-season, I could see that working out very nicely.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Colts owner Jim Irsay criticized Peyton Manning Thursday, calling the future Hall of Famer a "politician" for his early-week comments to the Indianapolis Star.

"Don't put the Horseshoe in a bad light," said Irsay, who added that Manning should have kept his issues with the Colts front office "in the house." The relationship between the two men is deteriorating quickly, as both sides spin the media to curry public favor before the inevitable breakup. Jan 26 - 4:36 PM

Source: Bob Kravitz on Twitter

He obviously won't be a Colt next season. But I doubt he plays anywhere. The three neck surgeries he has had in the past year and a half or whatever and all the nerve damage he has had in his neck? I just don't see him being able to continue.

But maybe he will be motivated by records and some team will go hard after him? Regardless, even if he comes back... We will never see the 4x NFL MVP Peyton Manning ever again.

I think the team that gets Manning is going to be REALLY disappointed. He wasn't that great the last time he did play and just spent an entire year not even practicing, much less playing. Manning isn't going to be good anymore, or at least, good enough to put a team over the top.

I think the team that gets Manning is going to be REALLY disappointed. He wasn't that great the last time he did play and just spent an entire year not even practicing, much less playing. Manning isn't going to be good anymore, or at least, good enough to put a team over the top.

How was he not good the last time he played? I agree that not practicing/playing for a whole year hurts big time.

Manning will most definitely play next season, and he won't be in Indy. That much I'm certain of. Exactly where he will land, no one can be sure. I've heard rumors that he'll be playing for Miami, NYJ, Dallas, K.C., Wash...

Personally, I'm not counting him out until he falls over dead. He's Peyton Manning: 4X MVP, SB champ, offensive coordinator, possibly the greatest QB ever... He's earned at least the benefit of the doubt. He took what we all now know as a horrible Colts team to the Playoffs like every year for the past 12 years.

If he goes to a team with talent that just needs a QB to get over the hump—like, umm, say, Kansas City...—, he's gonna do great IMO.

• Upvote 1

Dallas would be a good spot for Peyton, IMO. You've got good receivers, a good running game, a decent defense; yeah, I could definitely see it working.

It'll never happen though.

Honestly, I just hope that if he does leave the Colts (I'm still holding out hope he stays with the Colts, just for no other reason that you never see players play their entire career with one team anymore), that he ends up going to a good team.

Guest Phailadelphia

You're forgetting he's one of the hardest working players in the league though. I have my doubts he'd come back if he didn't think he could play at a high level.

Dallas would be a good spot for Peyton, IMO. You've got good receivers, a good running game, a decent defense; yeah, I could definitely see it working.

It'll never happen though.

Honestly, I just hope that if he does leave the Colts (I'm still holding out hope he stays with the Colts, just for no other reason that you never see players play their entire career with one team anymore), that he ends up going to a good team.

If he can carry a team that went what, 2-14?, without him to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago I'm wondering what he could do with a roster like Dallas. It's fun to think about.

You're forgetting he's one of the hardest working players in the league though. I have my doubts he'd come back if he didn't think he could play at a high level.

If he can carry a team that went what, 2-14?, without him to the Super Bowl a couple of years ago I'm wondering what he could do with a roster like Dallas. It's fun to think about.

Exactly man. It's become a TV dinner kind of world out there. Doesn't take long to become "elite" anymore, and it takes even less time to be devoured and forgotten. Peyton is just two years removed from being the best QB in the league. Now it seems like everyone expects him to suddenly be shit. There are plenty of teams out there that become immediate contenders if Peyton lands on their roster.

If no one else wants him, we have some cap space in K.C. Come on over Peyton!

Week 3?! He'd be done in preseason.

I see Manning going to Dolphins or Redskins

I'm almost getting a sense that you actually would want your team to pick up Peyton Manning. I really can't tell if you're serious or just fantasizing but if you are what about Tony Romo who you and others defend constantly of being a top tier QB?

Please, I don't want to turn this into another Tony Romo thread so PM me if you want I guess. I just think it's a bit strange if that is truly what you would want for your team.

Edited by Barracuda

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm almost getting a sense that you actually would want your team to pick up Peyton Manning. I really can't tell if you're serious or just fantasizing but if you are what about Tony Romo who you and others defend constantly of being a top tier QB?

Please, I don't want to turn this into another Tony Romo thread so PM me if you want I guess. I just think it's a bit strange if that is truly what you would want for your team.

It's fun to think about.

You're reading too much into it.

Yeah okay, that's what I had hoped I was doing. :D

How was he not good the last time he played? I agree that not practicing/playing for a whole year hurts big time.

I didn't say he wasn't good. He was good. But he wasn't great/elite like the Peyton of the past was, either. He made bad decisions far more often than the Peyton of old did and while I put a good bit of that on Jim Caldwell failing to build any talent around him and just trying to live off of what Dungy left, instead of building on to it, he still decreased in level of play. He went from a unanimous top 3 QB in the league to arguably somewhere closer to 10 than 1. He was not what I'd call elite.

Exactly man. It's become a TV dinner kind of world out there. Doesn't take long to become "elite" anymore, and it takes even less time to be devoured and forgotten. Peyton is just two years removed from being the best QB in the league. Now it seems like everyone expects him to suddenly be shit. There are plenty of teams out there that become immediate contenders if Peyton lands on their roster.

If no one else wants him, we have some cap space in K.C. Come on over Peyton!

A TV dinner kind of world? lol, sure.

Peyton wasn't elite the last year he played. And now, if you consider that he missed a full year of practice and playing, I don't think it's too far out there to expect him to be a worse player than what he was. And like I said, what makes that worse, is it looked like he had already started to decline in that previous year.

I think the people who are expecting him to still be elite are the ones who need a reality check, considering what's happened the last 2 years of his career..

Guest Phailadelphia

4700-33-17-66%-6.9 is a down year? The only "bad" stat there is he's a cunt hair shy of 2:0 TD:INT and his YPA is just a few points low. In Peyton Manning terms, sure, you could say that's a down year. Compared league-wide that's pretty damn good.

• Upvote 1

4700-33-17-66%-6.9 is a down year? The only "bad" stat there is he's a cunt hair shy of 2:0 TD:INT and his YPA is just a few points low. In Peyton Manning terms, sure, you could say that's a down year. Compared league-wide that's pretty damn good.

He was tied for the 6th most INTs in the league.

Tied for 18th in YPA in the league.

And despite throwing 138 more passes than Phillip Rivers, Rivers actually finished ahead of him in yardage by 10 yards.

That's not "pretty damn good". It's solid, nothing you would complain about overall, but having that type of a down year and then taking a complete year off, I think it's more than reasonable to expect him to do worse this coming season.

I'd take a bad Peyton Manning over a good Rex Grossman any day, or Tarvaris Jackson, or Chad Henne/Matt Moore, or Mark Sanchez, or well, you get the idea, even if he's not the elite player he was just a few years ago he'd still be a step up for a lot of teams

• Upvote 1

I'd take a bad Peyton Manning over a good Rex Grossman any day, or Tarvaris Jackson, or Chad Henne/Matt Moore, or Mark Sanchez, or well, you get the idea, even if he's not the elite player he was just a few years ago he'd still be a step up for a lot of teams

You just listed the 5 absolute worst QBs in the league sans Blaine Gabbert. THe guys you are putting up there are like... Arguable starters. Come on bro... If you are going to defend Manning at least throw some GOOD names out there.

Brett Favre could come back today and play better than T Jack, Rex, and Dirty Sanchez.... lmao.