SteVo

2012 TGP Mock Draft Game Discussion Thread

I know... That's what I am saying. lmao. Acting like RGIII is some can't miss prospect is going to get somebody burned.

Show me where anyone said that

Yeah I think the Dolphins are a lot closer to being a playoff contender than their position in the draft might suggest so I think Miami has a good shot give him a chance to help them right away.

We gave up a lot to get him but Matt Moore isn't the long term answer at QB. Lets see if Philbin can turn RGIII into a star. He's going to a team with some offensive weapons in place but we certainly have some more work to do.

Obviously there's risk in going and getting RGIII, but Miami really needs a QB and I went and made an aggressive move to go get the number 1 QB on my board(Luck went the pick before) in a very, very weak QB class. I don't feel as though I got fleesed. The Giants gave up more to move up less spots to get Eli. I gave up 3 high picks but I did only give up 3 picks. I think Joe Philbin could turn RGIII into a pocket passer first where RGIII will do the most damage on the ground anyway picking his spots. The guy could blow out his knee or really suck and that would set the franchise back, but sometimes you have to roll the dice. It's awfully tough to win it all anymore without an elite QB.

• Upvote 1

So... to clarify I no longer have the Bills?

Correct.

Ranga can have the 49ers. :yep:

Alrighty then, RANGA has the 49ers.

Okay, as for the picks we've gotten so far, no big surprises to this point. The Colts took Luck like they were supposed to, RGIII went #2 overall like he was supposed to, and the Vikings took Kalil like they were supposed to. Now, what does young Trident do? :think:

Edited by SteVo

I was actually considering making a different pick for half a second but that idiocy got knocked out of my head quickly. Gotta take Luck there, even if he is overhyped, I like him more coming out of college than I did Stafford, Bradford and Newton, and basically any QB coming out since 2004.

Yeah given how NFL-ready Andrew Luck is, and the health (or lack thereof) of Peyton Manning, nothing else the Colts can or should do with the 1st pick.

Blackmon to the Browns and Claiborne to the Bucs. Nothing out of the ordinary yet. Good picks by the Bucs and Browns.

Packers and Pats both willing to listen to trade offers.

There has been a trade.

Seahawks get: Skins 1st round pick(6th overall)

Skins get: Seahawks 1st round pick (12th overall)

4th round pick

7th round pick

Waiting on BC to confirm.

Affirmative.

Don't like that trade for either team. Redskins should have gotten at least a 3rd rounder for moving down 6 spots, and the Seahawks make a power play for a good pass rusher when this draft is full of them.

Don't like that trade for either team. Redskins should have gotten at least a 3rd rounder for moving down 6 spots, and the Seahawks make a power play for a good pass rusher when this draft is full of them.

Agreed. I disagree entirely with BC's statement that Ingram "dwarfs" anyone else coming out of the draft at his position. Ingram may arguably be the best, but it's pretty close, and there was no reason to make a play for him.

Bad trade. IMHO.

BTW, Bengals will hear offers to trade down with either picks.

Edited by Barracuda

Bad trade and I don't like the Richardson pick for the Jags.

I know I could of gotten the 3rd however I need picks so will happily take the extra 2.

Agreed. I disagree entirely with BC's statement that Ingram "dwarfs" anyone else coming out of the draft at his position. Ingram may arguably be the best, but it's pretty close, and there was no reason to make a play for him.

Especially when you consider his 6'1 frame and 31 inch arms...

Gonna be a devastating one-two punch at RB though.

Gonna be a devastating one-two punch at RB though.

MJD is still going to get the majority of the carries for at least 2 seasons, so essentially if you're the Jaguars you just spent the 7th overall pick for a backup RB for the next 2 years, possibly more. If you needed a better back to complement MJD you could have done that way later in the draft. Also, with MJD the Jags pretty much already have everything they need in terms of running the ball, so why not look up upgrade other areas of the team? Having an elite running game won't get you to the playoffs with the state of their current passing game.

MJD is still going to get the majority of the carries for at least 2 seasons, so essentially if you're the Jaguars you just spent the 7th overall pick for a backup RB for the next 2 years, possibly more. If you needed a better back to complement MJD you could have done that way later in the draft. Also, with MJD the Jags pretty much already have everything they need in terms of running the ball, so why not look up upgrade other areas of the team? Having an elite running game won't get you to the playoffs with the state of their current passing game.

I agree with that Doug Martin would have been good and not have cost the seventh overall, vick Ballard will probably see the 5th after the olympic diving he showed at the combine but think he could be a good pwer back as well.

The draft is full of good pass rushers? Really? All I've been seeing is that it's pretty much without pass rushers. At least the ones who bring elite speed and aggression to the table. Ingram is great for any scheme as well is the thing.

Edit: and we had two 7th round picks so I'm still selecting in that round. The 4th was kind of a bummer to give up but I wanted the sure thing. Should Coples fall past my pick I may have a slight regret, but Ingram is a fantastic guy to come away with.

Edited by BC

Right the skins are looking to move down a few more spots. Though offers need to be in working the next two hours as I am on my phone and about to go gym so. If I've not got offers when I am back I'll pick if there is an offer I like I will just put the offer up in the this thread

I do like Dontari Poe going to Carolina. He's an absolute monster of a player, and just needs some good coaching to get into Haloti Ngata style of beastiness.

You have to figure that with the crazy workload and bad blocking that the Jags have, he's gonna run out of gas a little before he should. They need a quality second back, and why bother trying to get one in free agency when there's a great prospect on the board when they pick? He's a possible home run hitter, and with the way the latest CBA is structured, teams no longer have to pay an arm and a leg for top ten picks.

P.S.— For the record, I didn't log on when you guys were talking in the shoutbox. I didn't even get home from work until 3:00 a.m. I don't know why it would say I was here. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Upvote 1

:beerchug2: Glad you made it dude, and no worries. You went on the clock right when your shift started. Nobody was pissed off, despite the sarcastic abrasive humor in the shouter. You definitely maximized your pick. You selected the BPA and tackled the most pressing need/weakness. Best of both worlds right there. Expected to see Rieff taken by you when you got around to logging on.

Edited by BC

I do like Dontari Poe going to Carolina. He's an absolute monster of a player, and just needs some good coaching to get into Haloti Ngata style of beastiness.

I figured you would since you had him going there in your mock draft.

I only started looking into him recently, but I really like what I saw. I'm not sure if Carolina will take the shot with him, or go with Devon Still or Brockers, but I really hope they do. He could be just what we need to solidify our defensive line.

Went with Tannehill for the Skins, he has great leadership, technique and it answers a huge need for the Skins as Grossman is not the long term answer. He showed his potential as soon as he won the starting job at Texas A&M and has never looked back since plus he has Santana Moss as his main WR which means he will be eased in and has that chance to set a set relationship on the field those two will need.

Not going to lie though I got beaten to 4 players, I wanted RG3 and had a deal in place for #3 if he was there. Unfortunately for me Sean ninja'd in at 2 to take him from me.

My pick was pretty much a given. Martin is arguably the BPA at this point and he fills the Cards' biggest need.