Sign in to follow this  
BigBen07

**Update** Ryan Leaf Sentenced to 7 Years in Prison, 9 Months Drug Addiction Treatment"

Ryan Leaf, who has spent much of his life in the glamour of success or the glare of shame, was arrested in his hometown of Great Falls Friday afternoon on burglary, theft and drug charges.

Leaf, the former Washington State star and NFL quarterback, became famous for a football career that reached dizzying heights. The 35-year-old also has become infamous because of a string of missteps that include several arrests, including

Friday when Great Falls Police apprehended him at the local parole office.

Leaf is serving a 10-year suspended sentence that he received out of Texas in April 2010 after pleading guilty to drug-related charges.

Leaf was booked into the Cascade County Detention Center Friday afternoon at about 1 p.m. and posted a $76,000 bond later that day, according to jail staff.

Here`s the link to the full story: http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20120330/NEWS01/120330008/Ryan-Leaf-arrested-drug-burglary-theft-charges?odyssey=nav|head

This guy just can`t avoid making headlines for all the wrong reasons! Let me know if there`s already a thread on this already.

Edited by BLUE

Pretty sure he got arrested for the same exact thing a couple years ago. He's addicted to pain killers last I heard, so he was probably looking for a fix.

Disappointing. All the recent interviews I've heard of him seemed to indicate that he was turning his life around. I guess not.

and Ryan Leaf continues to cement his legacy as the NFL's greatest cautionary tale

Disappointing. All the recent interviews I've heard of him seemed to indicate that he was turning his life around. I guess not.

It was just an image he was trying to portray to help him sell his new book.

There is absolutely nothing to laugh at here. It's a sad fucking thing.

• Upvote 1

There is absolutely nothing to laugh at here. It's a sad fucking thing.

Yup. I'm pretty sure that if I had a supply like I did previously, I'd end up in rehab eventually. It's all good when you've got it under control, but over time your tolerance and dependency shoot through the roof and you're left popping five pills just to feel a faint wisp of that feeling you so long for.

Yup. I'm pretty sure that if I had a supply like I did previously, I'd end up in rehab eventually. It's all good when you've got it under control, but over time your tolerance and dependency shoot through the roof and you're left popping five pills just to feel a faint wisp of that feeling you so long for.

A bag of dope is cheaper and you get higher......you get even higher if you shoot it though...annnnnnnnnd there goes your life. You'd be surprised how quickly one can get to that point.

In a nutshell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=046zw4me_Q4

Edited by seanbrock

HELENA, Mont. (AP) -- Two days after posting bail for drug and burglary charges, former NFL quarterback Ryan Leaf has been arrested a second time in Montana.

Central Montana Drug Force Commander Chris Hickman says Leaf was arrested early Monday in Great Falls and is facing charges of burglary, theft and two counts of criminal possession of dangerous drugs. He also is being detained on a probation violation.

Hickman says the new charges stem from a burglary on Saturday - the day after Leaf was arrested and charged with burglarizing an acquaintance's home for prescription painkillers.

Hickman declined to detail the allegations against Leaf regarding the latest burglary.

Leaf has a court hearing later Monday. Hickman says the probation violation does not carry a bond, so he cannot be released from jail.

I didn't laugh at this before, but I couldn't help but lol when I seen the new title. He sounds just as bad as my uncles.

A search of Leaf's home turned up 89 hydrocodone pills loose in the pocket of a bathrobe. Authorities do not believe those were the same pills that were taken from the burgled home, Hickman said.

"We don't know if he disposed of them or if he has a hiding place where he stores these things," Hickman said.

Leaf's attorney, Ken Olson, did not respond to a call for comment. A call to Leaf's publicist was not returned Monday.

Leaf tested positive for drugs at the time of his arrest Friday, according to a sworn statement filed by Hickman with Cascade County District Court. Leaf admitted he had taken about seven oxycodone pills in the past few weeks, including one the day before the arrest, the documents say.

Police obtained a warrant Monday and reviewed data from the GPS in Leaf's pickup truck, searching for information that would link Leaf to the burglaries.

"The navigational system shows that he was in that driveway yesterday afternoon during the time frame of the burglary," Hickman said.

The GPS data also showed the truck drove up to between five and 10 other houses in the area, and authorities were checking with the residents there, he said.

ESPN

Wow... Going to a neighborhood and entering house by house looking for pills to steal.

It's sad and scary just how bad his addiction is. Some jail time would do him good if not for anything else but to get him off the pills for long enough to maybe rid himself of the addiction.

via allcougdup

Ryan Leaf seemed to have his life back on track when he came back to Washington State’s campus at the end of 2011, but then went back down the wrong road a few months ago, once again robbing a home of a known acquaintance (and perhaps others as well) to get his sticky fingers on specific, dangerous pain killers to satisfy his urges. The saga of Leaf has been ongoing and well documented, as he’s continued to violate his probation and a myriad of laws while keeping himself in trouble. Texas authorities and Montana authorities have been in a tug-of-war for the ex-college superstar, as he has offended in both states over the past several years of addiction. On Tuesday afternoon, in Great Falls Montana, District Judge Kenneth Neill sentenced Leaf to a 7 year prison sentence, with a scary maximum of 50 years possible.

Ryan Leaf told the judge he was humiliated and embarrassed for himself and his family and added that since his April arrest, jail “has been a sanctuary.”

Maybe this sentence will give him some peace.