Sign in to follow this  
BC

Some rumors

April 4th: 11PM

- We heard today Marvin Lewis is hoping Alabama’s Courtney Upshaw is still available when the Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock with their second pick in round one, the 21st selection. The other player the team will consider in that slot is Peter Konz of Wisconsin.

- If the Green Bay Packers go offense in round one Konz is the player they are targeting if he’s still on the board. We’ve heard this rumbling since January and it was confirmed again today.

- What will the Seattle Seahawks do? Separate sources told me today the team hopes to move out of the 12th slot and trade into the later portion of round one, where they will then draft linebacker Donta Hightower. If they can’t move the pick they are seriously considering Hightower’s teammate, safety Mark Barron, at that slot and Kam Chancellor would then move to outside linebacker.

- Barron’s stock is on the rise as, amongst other things, head coach Nick Saban has given him rave reviews. He’s being talked about as someone with a passion for football and a prospect who’s skills have been underrated. We hear if Dontari Poe is gone by the 14th pick of the draft, and he’s likely to be, the Dallas Cowboys are likely to turn to Barron.

- The New York Jets are another team strongly considering Barron if he’s still available with the 16th pick. A source close to the situation said the pick of Barron is a “no brainer” for the Jets. One player we heard earlier today the Jets are not interested in selecting is Whitney Mercilus of Illinois. There is strong speculation amongst league insiders that the Jets will look hard at moving down in round one.

This can be the rumors thread if you'd like.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Most rumors end up being far from the truth on draft day. I would say take everything for a smokescreen and your mock draft becomes more accurate.

I don't think Pete is going to move Chancellor away from a position that he succeeded at but i wouldn't put it past him.

Rumor: Vikings deeply considering Blackmon instead of the popular pick of Kalil :shrug:

Rumor: Vikings deeply considering Blackmon instead of the popular pick of Kalil :shrug:

Really? Where did you hear that? If that were the case, Kalil would most likely be there as well as Claiborne or Richardson when the Bucs pick. Would be interesting.

I believe it was NFL Network....but i definitely heard it from a reliable source. But of course, we're getting close to the draft so you're going to hear everything :yep:

Yea, could also be a smokescreen. I don't know why they would want Blackmon over Kalil. They need to protect Ponder before they start giving him more weapons.

Exactly.....but on the other hand, they have no one legitimate number 1 receiver. So i'm guessing thats why

Yea, could also be a smokescreen. I don't know why they would want Blackmon over Kalil. They need to protect Ponder before they start giving him more weapons.

They aren't trying hard enough in Free Agency to give him weapons, to be honest. I'm not upset with either pick.

I really don't think Konz stuff is a smoke screen. It's going to be awesome taking an Offensive Lineman 3 years in a row in the 1st round.

We will draft Quinten DeCastro with the 12th pick. He's a combination of Quinten Coples and David DeCastro. On offensive downs he will pass block and make running lanes. On defensive downs he will murder quarterbacks in the face. In the 2nd round we will draft Luke Polk (a combination of Luke Kuechly and Chris Polk). On offensive downs he will take handoffs and run for touchdowns. On defensive downs he will pop fools and intercept passes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Another one i heard (NFL Network)is that the Vikings are open to trading the 3rd pick. Who could be interested in that slot and for who? :shrug:

Another one i heard (NFL Network)is that the Vikings are open to trading the 3rd pick. Who could be interested in that slot and for who? :shrug:

Maybe the Bears to grab Kalil? They need to protect Jay Cutler. If they can, they will be a scary team especially with the addition of Marshall.

Maybe the Bears to grab Kalil? They need to protect Jay Cutler. If they can, they will be a scary team especially with the addition of Marshall.

That seems like the mostly likely of anyone there. Then again, what would they have to give up for that? Would it be worth giving up a few other picks this season?

They would have to eclipse the Falcons trade from last year to get up there. If its for Kalil and they think he's the missing piece, then Bears fans should be all for it. I'd be interested in seeing hats given up if they do trade the pick

That seems like the mostly likely of anyone there. Then again, what would they have to give up for that? Would it be worth giving up a few other picks this season?

That's true. I am not sure how much ammo they have with them trading their 2 3rd rounders to Miami. They could always trade next year picks away. Kalil is an elite OT prospect, and I think it may be worth it for the Bears. They NEED to keep Cutler healthy.

Most draft rumors are BS. I remember reading some posted before last years' draft and laughed at how far off each rumor was.

The buzz is building around Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd, who improved his draft stock with a standout pro day last week. NFL.com's Gil Brandt speculates Floyd could be the first receiver to go in the draft, ahead of Oklahoma State's Justin Blackmon.

source

*cough cough*

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Gil Brandt's the same guy who said Denver should trade us Lloyd and a 2nd round draft pick for Jimmy Clausen.

Edited by Thanatos19

Justin Pawlowski ‏ @CommishOnline

#Chiefs looking to trade up for Tannehill. #Bucs could trade down with them for a bunch of picks and grab Mark Barron or Kuechly.

Edited by GoodellFTL

Nowhere else to put it so im putting it here cause it excites me...

The Lions hosted Illinois defensive end Whitney Mercilus on a pre-draft visit Monday.

freep.com

I really don't think Konz stuff is a smoke screen. It's going to be awesome taking an Offensive Lineman 3 years in a row in the 1st round.

That's Tightwad Ted's way.

Edit- Not to seem disappointed though. I'd MUCH rather take a pass rusher with our 28th pick but if we get Konz I won't be severely disappointed. Long as we definitely address this pass rushing situation early and often.

We might not need a C this moment but Saturday's got 2 years max on him..can't wait much longer.

Edited by badgers

@evansilva: Don Banks also says #Vikings are hoping to trade with #Browns, draft Kalil at No. 4 and add a 3rd-rounder. CLE would take Tannehill at 3.

We've been told there's a very real chance the Chicago Bears use their first round selection on Kendall Wright as they are looking for a receiver that can line up in the slot. We hear worry about Johnny Knox ever returning to prior form after his back injury late last season also factors into this . The team also has an interest in Shea McClellin of Boise State, whom they would use at defensive end.

We heard today Marvin Lewis is hoping Alabama's Courtney Upshaw is still available when the Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock with their second pick in round one, the 21st selection. The other player the team will consider in that slot is Peter Konz of Wisconsin.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/

Edited by GoodellFTL

The only logic for Cleveland trading up one spot to grab Tannehill would be to avoid someone else like Miami or Kansas City from doing so. But even then, I don't see it.

Let's say Miami makes Minnesota an offer. To move up from #8 to #3, they would have to part with their 2nd rounder, at the very least. So, Cleveland would have to match that offer, right? Are the Browns going to be willing to spend a 2nd rounder just to move up one spot in the draft? I don't think they are.