Sarge

The good news thread

Not sure where else to put this. It's more funny than good news, lol.

First round of playoffs for our IMs was tonight and I did absolutely terrible. Couldn't get anything to drop to save my life the whole game until the very end when I hit 3 baskets on 3 consecutive possessions to give us the lead and we held on to win.

After the game, we were talking in a circle about doing things differently, and I mentioned that I just absolutely sucked this game, and I didn't think it was anything the other guys were doing.

My team captain is one of the most comedic individuals I've met. He turns everything into a joke, and I could see him trying to do it with this one. And then his face lights up, and he says, "Yeah, but you came through right at the end. Ladies and gentlemen, (turning to the 4 people that were still on the bleachers and who had no idea what we had been talking about), I give you Tim Tebow."

:D

Got my tax return yesterday. No better feeling than drinking beer paid for by Uncle Sam. :nope:

• Upvote 1

Got my tax return yesterday. No better feeling than drinking beer paid for by Uncle Sam. :nope:

You mean drinking beer paid for with your own money that Uncle Sam was nice enough to let you have back?

You mean drinking beer paid for with your own money that Uncle Sam was nice enough to let you have back?

Semantics. Beer is good.

Bought a ENO double hammock with free 2-day shipping. Should be in today so once I'm off work, it's time truly welcome in this awesome weather.

• Upvote 1

:clap: Great work! :clap:

Was this a Macroeconomics or Microeconomics Test that you took, and aced? :shrug:

Macro!

• Upvote 1

Won a Chipotle Prize pack in a charity raffle. Got 3 buy one get one coupons, 3 coupons for free chips and guacamole, and most notably: free caterIng for a party of 20. Really excited for that last one.

Double posting because I've had a good week:

I tanked my first exam in an important class, but the teacher said that if you did better on the second exam, he'd change the grade of the first exam to the score of the second one. The two exams combine to be 50% of the class. Got an 88 which changed my grade from a C in the class to an A-.

Wow, that's quite a change. Nice job.

Have a second interview on Friday for my first career job. They put the trusses in Cowboy Stadium.

:rockon:

• Upvote 2

Have a second interview on Friday for my first career job. They put the trusses in Cowboy Stadium.

:rockon:

Awesome dude. That's a big step for sure. Best of luck!

I have four days left of high school before graduating.

Got a 30 on my first ACT attempt and I may be going to China next spring.

I may be going to China next spring.

Hey now, this is the good news thread. You keep your bad news out of it.

• Upvote 1

Getting started with a new job this week at a bagel shop.

Also, finally managed to break a 3.0 (3.125 to be exact) GPA this semester. Should have been higher, but I shit the bed in the easiest class I had (didn't bother buying the meaningless workbook for Music Appreciation :laugh:), but whatever.

Still hyped...

Qm2Ofa4.gif

• Upvote 1

I started working 40 hours (full-time) on Monday the 6th. I got my paycheck this past week which was for the two weeks before that and they payed me as if I was working 40 hours instead of the 25 hours that I was doing. Pretty much an extra $300 or so.

I know I should probably say something about it but....ehhh....

Fall 2012: Failed 2 classes. One C-. One C. One B-. Academic probation. One more semester that bad and I'm kicked out of school.

Spring 2013: Deans list.

• Upvote 1

Fall 2012: Failed 2 classes. One C-. One C. One B-. Academic probation. One more semester that bad and I'm kicked out of school.

Spring 2013: Deans list.

What was the difference?

Didn't drink twice a week and spend all my free time playing xbox lol.

Didn't drink twice a week and spend all my free time playing xbox lol.

Congratulations, you've survived the college experience.

Eh still have one more year before I can say that. And it'll be the first year where I face the challenge of being 21.