Sarge

The good news thread

Bought a new notebook computer today. Left HP and went with a slim Samsung Ultrabook. Only downside with having such a small computer is no disk drive so I had to get an external for $40. Best news though, they had the computer I wanted returned without even being used, only opened the box. So that alone saved me $150. If anything is wrong with it, I can return it within 15 days for a new one and pay the difference.

SCORE!

I'm going to Greece in July.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm going to Greece in July.

That's kinda cool. What for? That country is in the pits right now. It's hard to imagine anyone is going there touring/vacationing.

I've heard that Athens is a bit of a mess but if you go to te standard tourist areas, everything's fine.

Been doing lots of project and getting ready to graduate. Thankfully no more sleepless nights with this exhibit over

574535_10200533330588431_190114110_n.jpg

That's kinda cool. What for? That country is in the pits right now. It's hard to imagine anyone is going there touring/vacationing.

I'm going on a vacation with my friends. Yeah, the country is in the pits right now because of their debts and stuff but like blots said, it's mainly Athens that's messy. This island is not even close to Athens. :D

Have fun! Traveling is always awesome. I'm going to Argentina for spring break next year.

Got a $10,000 scholarship for my speech on a racist topic at a NAACP dinner thing. Kinda dope...

Haha, your wording makes it sound like you just got paid for being a racist.

Just chasing that paper yo :makinitrain:

• Upvote 1

Purchased my Lollapalooza ticket today. Absolutely fucking stoked.

Oh, and in grown-up world, I move into my new apartment the week before Chicago.

• Upvote 1

Yea I should reword that. Lol. I got a scholarship for a speech on racism. Haha.

What did you say in your speech on racism? :shrug:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I recently got a call from the Cleveland Cavaliers to set up an interview for a fall co-op. The person who contacted me actually set me up with 3 different parts of the organization for interviews, so I do have multiple shots. My interview is at the Quicken Loans Arena, AKA 'The Q'.

Now some of you may recall (I think I posted in here) that I had an interview with the Washington Wizards a while back, but that didn't pan out. I'd like to believe it's because I wasn't from the D.C. area, or at least that was a little knock against me. But now, being from Ohio, I'd like to think I have better shot at this one than the one in Washington.

Good luck man!

Fall 2012: Failed 2 classes. One C-. One C. One B-. Academic probation. One more semester that bad and I'm kicked out of school.

Spring 2013: Deans list.

What were the 2 classes that you failed in the 2012 Fall Semester? :shrug:

• Downvote 2

Just got an email today from the Washington Redskins trying to set up an interview.

• Upvote 1

For those that don't know...

I joined the Army Reserves...and I graduated Basic Combat Training 2 weeks ago. It was challenging, but doable. I've met a lot of new people, and it's changed my outlook on life. It's shown me that hard work does pay off, and that all of our soldiers put so much work in...but it's sadly overlooked far too often.

Right now I'm in AIT...in San Antonio to be a combat medic. Training is 16 weeks long...and once we get out of the first phase you can expect seeing me around more often. For now, I'll be on during the weekends and never during the week generally. Lots to learn in 6 weeks to be a nationally certified EMT by civilian standards...then add 8 weeks for training of an Army medic.

Congrats bro! And stay safe.

• Upvote 1

I didn't get charged with murder and look like one of the worst criminals ever in the process

• Upvote 1

^me neither!!!

Though I feel like you might've been more worried than me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1