DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Eastern Conference thread

Refs - 2

Celtics - 0

God damn. Basketball is so hard to watch sometimes. Lebron went to the line 24 fucking times. fucking ridiculous. Rondo gets smacked in the face, no call. Wade kicks KG in the nutsack, foul on KG. Really hard to compete when it's 5 vs 8 out there.

Edited by BradyFan81
  • Upvote 1

I'm so bitter. Tie game in OT and they don't call a CLEAR foul on Rondo. Wades drive could have been called an offensive foul but he did get hit so w.e. But that Rondo foul was crucial.

I feel screwed by the refs. My hats off to Rondo. He showed us tonight what his ceiling is. He has the ability to be the best PG in this league.

Quite frankly, the Celtics were screwed in the end. Those two crucial (missed) calls (Rondo hit in the head, Wade's offensive foul prior to his jackass staredown of Garnett) separated them from the game. Those two calls cost them a chance at winning the game, and let's not act like the officiating was great all game, either. Miami shot 47 free throws to Boston's 29. That difference is atrociously obvious and should not be so drastic. Let's not forget that every time Miami drove they got a whistle and Boston had to get fucking hammered at the rim for them to go to the line. And then two Boston players fouling out. Come on. Especially Pierce's sixth. He went straight up and Wade created all of the very little contact, not to mention he jumped and turned a 180 and wasn't even looking at the hoop. I don't know about you, but where I grew up you didn't get free throws for jumping into people and contorting your body to the point that you were going to take an impossible shot. That should have been a no-call. I really hate Dwyane Wade. He gets so many calls he shouldn't, and whines when he doesn't get one.

Other reasons Boston lost:

1. KG is too unselfish. They had the game tied if he'd have gone up for a bucket to lock it at 107 but he tried to dish it to Brandon Bass, who has enough trouble hitting WIDE OPEN jump shots.

2. What does it take to foul Wade or LeBron at the rim and not give them an easy finish to go along with it? Too many times I saw players like Keeyon Dooling grabbing the non-shooting hand hoping to just send them to the line, and then it turned into potential three point plays. Grab the fucking ball, bear hug them, at least do something.

3. Ray Allen could have taken the Celtics up 8 on a three...had he taken as much time on that three as he did on the three that sent it to OT. He was just as open and had just as much time.

Either way, I just want to say that we all know Miami is going to win this series, but they don't need all this help from the officiating. It's getting to be downright difficult to watch.

Refs - 2

Celtics - 0

God damn. Basketball is so hard to watch sometimes. Lebron went to the line 24 fucking times. fucking ridiculous. Rondo gets smacked on his face, no call. Wade kicks KG is the nutsack, foul on KG. Really hard to compete when it's 5 vs 8 out there.

And unlike most every other time a fan says this, it's true. The officiating has been absolutely horrible in the series. Favoritism 101. Again, dare I say Lakers-Kings, Game 6 circa 2002?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dare you say it? Oh my stars and garters! Bware dared to talk about his stance on the officiating. I, for one am shocked, SHOCKED, that he dared to criticize the refereeing of the NBA. You see, up until that last post, I, along with the entire forum had NO idea that you didn't approve of the referees in the NBA. Thank you for your courageous post.

But seriously, can we just have a separate "bitch about the refs" thread? It really is tedious to see the same tired garbage after every heat win. If you actually think the NBA is rigged, then STOP WATCHING. I don't see why you guys put yourselves through this if you hate it this much. Oh wait. Bradyfan is just bitter that the celtics lost. I'm sure if the celtics won thanks to some questionable calls he wouldn't be calling the league rigged. Basically, you're no different than any other sports fan. Bad calls happen, basketball is a fast paced game. Occasional talk about poor reffing is fine. I'm just sick of all the conspiracy bullshit. And I doubt I'm the only one.

Have you watched games 1 and 2, blots?

Dare you say it? Oh my stars and garters! Bware dared to talk about his stance on the officiating. I, for one am shocked, SHOCKED, that he dared to criticize the refereeing of the NBA. You see, up until that last post, I, along with the entire forum had NO idea that you didn't approve of the referees in the NBA. Thank you for your courageous post.

But seriously, can we just have a separate "bitch about the refs" thread? It really is tedious to see the same tired garbage after every heat win. If you actually think the NBA is rigged, then STOP WATCHING. I don't see why you guys put yourselves through this if you hate it this much. Oh wait. Bradyfan is just bitter that the celtics lost. I'm sure if the celtics won thanks to some questionable calls he wouldn't be calling the league rigged. Basically, you're no different than any other sports fan. Bad calls happen, basketball is a fast paced game. Occasional talk about poor reffing is fine. I'm just sick of all the conspiracy bullshit. And I doubt I'm the only one.

tuohyfix.jpg

• Upvote 1

tuohyfix.jpg

I hate you.

I am actually subscribed to his facebook page. lol.

I don't believe half of what he has to say. Most of it is just a load of crock ,and he poses different scenarios in which it is impossible that he is wrong. But I do like reading a lot of it. Pretty interesting.

He's had fun with the NBA playoffs and posted this article recently.

But he's had a lot more theories regarding the NHL this year.

Have you watched games 1 and 2, blots?

Don't mind blots, he's the guy that plays Devil's Advocate just to be the bitch of the forum. ;)

I added in the wink just for lulz.

Edited by Maverick

Gotta give credit where credit is due... Rondo went ham.

And WTF?? Someone still needs to explain to me why the fuck Lebron took that jumper. WTF? Best basketball player in the world, against an undersized Rondo, and he decides for a jumper? That pissed me off. >_>

Still doesn't have the clutch gene. His near perfect basketball IQ plummets when the game is on the line.

Refs - 2

Celtics - 0

God damn. Basketball is so hard to watch sometimes. Lebron went to the line 24 fucking times. fucking ridiculous. Rondo gets smacked in the face, no call. Wade kicks KG in the nutsack, foul on KG. Really hard to compete when it's 5 vs 8 out there.

If by Refs 2, you mean they costs us both games, I completely disagree. We played liked shit in game 1, gotta give all credit to Miami in that one. If you mean, the two bad calls, well the Rondo one was crucial but the Wade leg could have gone either way.

Quite frankly, the Celtics were screwed in the end. Those two crucial (missed) calls (Rondo hit in the head, Wade's offensive foul prior to his jackass staredown of Garnett) separated them from the game. Those two calls cost them a chance at winning the game, and let's not act like the officiating was great all game, either. Miami shot 47 free throws to Boston's 29. That difference is atrociously obvious and should not be so drastic. Let's not forget that every time Miami drove they got a whistle and Boston had to get fucking hammered at the rim for them to go to the line. And then two Boston players fouling out. Come on. Especially Pierce's sixth. He went straight up and Wade created all of the very little contact, not to mention he jumped and turned a 180 and wasn't even looking at the hoop. I don't know about you, but where I grew up you didn't get free throws for jumping into people and contorting your body to the point that you were going to take an impossible shot. That should have been a no-call. I really hate Dwyane Wade. He gets so many calls he shouldn't, and whines when he doesn't get one.

Other reasons Boston lost:

1. KG is too unselfish. They had the game tied if he'd have gone up for a bucket to lock it at 107 but he tried to dish it to Brandon Bass, who has enough trouble hitting WIDE OPEN jump shots.

2. What does it take to foul Wade or LeBron at the rim and not give them an easy finish to go along with it? Too many times I saw players like Keeyon Dooling grabbing the non-shooting hand hoping to just send them to the line, and then it turned into potential three point plays. Grab the fucking ball, bear hug them, at least do something.

3. Ray Allen could have taken the Celtics up 8 on a three...had he taken as much time on that three as he did on the three that sent it to OT. He was just as open and had just as much time.

Either way, I just want to say that we all know Miami is going to win this series, but they don't need all this help from the officiating. It's getting to be downright difficult to watch.

That was their biggest mistake in this game for as great as they played. They didn't foul hard enough on drives to the basket. There were at least 4 3-point plays made in the 4th and OT that I recall that the Celtics gave them. When they had easy drives to the basket or fast breaks, they needed to grab em or foul hard to make em shot two. That was a difference maker.

Also, that Ray Allen miss was crucial. At the moment we were up 7, so that would have put us up 8 with 3-4 minutes to go? Instead, he missed, they get a fast break and cut the lead down to 3.

Rondo last night was on some serious beast mode! He was insane and had the Heat running for their money. Man, 44 points! Those 3's at the end of the game, played all 53 minutes... I would love to have that kind of player in a Heat uniform. Hats off to Rondo.

I agree with KiLa, the Rondo foul should have been called, I honestly don't know what the ref didn't see that he didn't call it. But the foul on Wade with the kick. I must've replayed that foul like 6 or 7 times last night and the kick came almost simultaneously as the push on the elbow by Garnett. Maybe it was more of an instinct than Wade doing it on purpose. He was in mid air and was being pushed on the top of the body so of course you kick out. I'm not making excuses, just checking possibilities of what may have happened.

LeBron was smart not to take it to the basket because everyone was waiting for him there to make the block or draw some kind of charge. Now, fadeaway when you have an obvious height advantage wasn't the best move to make. He should have just shot it straight up and probably would've made it.

Guest Phailadelphia

Anyone else not believe Boston can replicate that performance (offensively)?

Boston last night was so on point, it was scary. To be honest, I was hoping to see a Boston team who would at least seem to lose some kind of motivation after a heart breaking loss in Miami. They literally almost gave it all up in game 2 and lost.

This series just got interesting again... That's what I was asking for. As a Heat fan, Game 3 should be the last game Boston wins because the last thing I want is Boston to come back and take the lead on this series lol. Hopefully in Game 4, Miami wakes up and goes ape shit crazy because the only Heat player who was actually trying last night was LeBron. That's just sad... we have more talent than that.

On a lighter note, I have read articles that Bosh may come back as soon as Game 5. He is uncertain for Game 4 which is pretty awesome... C'MON BOSH! WE NEED YA BUDDY!!!

Boston last night was so on point, it was scary. To be honest, I was hoping to see a Boston team who would at least seem to lose some kind of motivation after a heart breaking loss in Miami. They literally almost gave it all up in game 2 and lost.

This series just got interesting again... That's what I was asking for. As a Heat fan, Game 3 should be the last game Boston wins because the last thing I want is Boston to come back and take the lead on this series lol. Hopefully in Game 4, Miami wakes up and goes ape shit crazy because the only Heat player who was actually trying last night was LeBron. That's just sad... we have more talent than that.

On a lighter note, I have read articles that Bosh may come back as soon as Game 5. He is uncertain for Game 4 which is pretty awesome... C'MON BOSH! WE NEED YA BUDDY!!!

If yall slow down the inside game for Boston, Miami should win the next game. If KG has another big game u can forget about a 3-1 lead.

Game 4 is going to be epic to watch. It shouldnt be of any surprise who i have to win

I hope we'll continue winning in TD Garden..

Game 4 is going to be epic to watch. It shouldnt be of any surprise who i have to win

LMAO!!! Dude, no lie I was wondering what team you were going for then I saw the bar at the bottom and I started laughing like crazy! Tonights game should be great. Hopefully in the Heat's favor.

Both of Garnett's and Pierce's "run-over" fouls were absolute bullshit. It's a damn good thing Boston won, or I'd be furious over that shit.

Why does Paul Pierce keep fouling out? He's never had that problem, that I recall.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Both of Garnett's and Pierce's "run-over" fouls were absolute bullshit. It's a damn good thing Boston won, or I'd be furious over that shit.

Why does Paul Pierce keep fouling out? He's never had that problem, that I recall.

Agreed.

Those were some pretty ticky calls.

Although, I think Garnett was hanging onto LeBron's arm there, which prevented him from going to the center to try to block Rondo.

As was the technical foul on Rondo. It looked to me like Battier kicked at him as well, and before Rondo retaliated. The ratio is now up to something like 27-7 or 8. This is getting more out of hand by the minute.

One quick thing to discuss. Is Boston better than we thought, or is Miami significantly worse than we thought? Most people, including me, thought Miami would wipe the floor with the Celtics and that isn't happening.

Personally, I think it's all Doc Rivers. When he runs into inferior coaches who have superior teams, he always gives them hell anyway. Gotta love Doc.

Also, major props to Rondo for his halftime comment. He's spot on. What are you all gonna do if he gets fined? He didn't attack the officials, so he shouldn't be.

• Upvote 1