DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

2012 NBA Playoffs Western Conference thread

Yeah I saw that one.

Apparently those refs that are so biased for the Clippers call technical fouls on the Clippers for high fiving each other after a good play. [/sarcasm]

Bware is a blind homer. If anything, there were more calls in the Grizz's favor than in the Clippers favor.

Oh well. The better team won and that's all that matters.

This one is a more extended version- the camera angle is better, you can see the high five and then Davis immediately pointing at Evans, (at the end of the video).

Edited by Thanatos19

Spurs in 6

Thunder in 7

Guest Phailadelphia

WELCOME TO LOUD CITY, LAKERS. YALL AINT READY FOR THIS. LEZGOOOOOOOO

Edited by Phailadelphia

Yeah I saw that one.

Apparently those refs that are so biased for the Clippers call technical fouls on the Clippers for high fiving each other after a good play. [/sarcasm]

Bware is a blind homer. If anything, there were more calls in the Grizz's favor than in the Clippers favor.

Oh well. The better team won and that's all that matters.

This one is a more extended version- the camera angle is better, you can see the high five and then Davis immediately pointing at Evans, (at the end of the video).

So I'd forgotten about that one technical foul. It's not like the Clippers didn't deserve about 10 others, anyway. So they got a cheap one. Paul and Griffin both should have been T'd up in just about every game.

Fuck the fucking Spurs. Clippers.

And rooting for da Thunda :yep:

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

mynigga.jpg

Possibly when Chris Paul was body-checked, and wasn't t'd up, but on a clean block, in the clutch time of a game, they called a foul? Did you even watch the game? Dear Jesus.

Possibly when Chris Paul was body-checked, and wasn't t'd up, but on a clean block, in the clutch time of a game, they called a foul? Did you even watch the game? Dear Jesus.

Are you implying that Chris Paul doesn't get enough calls? That would be a ridiculous assertion. The guy gets just about everything and spends every non-whistle play whining and crying to an official. That sign the Grizzlies fans had that the Clippers took--it was quite accurate. Pacifier and everything.

Guest Phailadelphia

GET FUCKED LA

I hope the next three aren't this dull.

Lakers prob will win 2 games at home and get beat on the road rest of the way. We can beat the thunder, but i dont see it being likely in every game to play our best against them. We need a better bench.

Lakers got fucked a lot easier than I expected..

Are you implying that Chris Paul doesn't get enough calls? That would be a ridiculous assertion. The guy gets just about everything and spends every non-whistle play whining and crying to an official. That sign the Grizzlies fans had that the Clippers took--it was quite accurate. Pacifier and everything.

Did you seriously even watch a game in this series? Game 1, when the refs put their whistles away, and your team got lit up for the biggest comeback in NBA Playoff history? Games 1-4, when every time Blake got the ball in the post, he'd take hard-contact from Z-Bo? Game 6, last three minutes, when the refs literally handed you the game, and you could barely hang on? Throughout the entire series, the refs were brutal. Absolutely brutal. But our team is stronger than that, and we advanced. For "babies", we definitely looked like a more mature team.

I need to pose a question--is Mike Brown really to blame for the Lakers' woes?

I say no. Not at all. He keeps getting trashed for how the bigs perform, and yet Andrew Bynum has made it pretty clear that he'll decide when he plays. Some nights he's rookie year Randy Moss, others he's Oakland Randy Moss. Pau Gasol simply does not look for his shot, and rarely establishes himself in the post. Neither is defending the rim with the ferocity that they should be.

I never thought I'd say this, but Jordan Hill brings it harder than either does right now, for four quarters, that is. Bynum and Gasol are getting outplayed by a career backup.

That ain't on Mike Brown.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Fuck the fucking Spurs. Clippers.

Man, I'd love to see the "better team" lose again in the Clippers/Spurs series. I'm all in as far as rooting for the Clippers. I don't see it happening, but I'd sure love to see it happen.

Also, yeah, I think my prediction of OKC in 7 was a bit of an overestimation. If they keep playing like they did Monday night, they're gonna be the most well rested team in NBA playoff history.

I need to pose a question--is Mike Brown really to blame for the Lakers' woes?

I say no. Not at all. He keeps getting trashed for how the bigs perform, and yet Andrew Bynum has made it pretty clear that he'll decide when he plays. Some nights he's rookie year Randy Moss, others he's Oakland Randy Moss. Pau Gasol simply does not look for his shot, and rarely establishes himself in the post. Neither is defending the rim with the ferocity that they should be.

I never thought I'd say this, but Jordan Hill brings it harder than either does right now, for four quarters, that is. Bynum and Gasol are getting outplayed by a career backup.

That ain't on Mike Brown.

Yeah, Gasol always has been/will be sof-T-T-T-T. Bynum is NOT Dwight Howard, regardless of what the big Shaq-tus wants to say. You're pretty much spot on here as far as the bigs go.

However, Mike Brown has to take some blame for not being able to do in L.A. the same thing he couldn't do in Cleveland: Make adjustments. He's known as a great defensive coach, but he's just a "meh" coach IMO. I've watched his coaching style extensively, given my geographical location, and judging from what I saw, his days are numbered in L.A.

He'll get another HC job after he's kicked out or the winningest b-ball city in the NBA just based on being blessed enough to coach 'Bron and Bryant, but with a cast like, let's say, Philly or Denver, he'll fall flat. He's no Pop, Sloan, Karl, Thib, etc... I won't even mention the Zen Master by name when speaking of Mike Brown.

Yeah, Gasol always has been/will be sof-T-T-T-T. Bynum is NOT Dwight Howard, regardless of what the big Shaq-tus wants to say. You're pretty much spot on here as far as the bigs go.

However, Mike Brown has to take some blame for not being able to do in L.A. the same thing he couldn't do in Cleveland: Make adjustments. He's known as a great defensive coach, but he's just a "meh" coach IMO. I've watched his coaching style extensively, given my geographical location, and judging from what I saw, his days are numbered in L.A.

He'll get another HC job after he's kicked out or the winningest b-ball city in the NBA just based on being blessed enough to coach 'Bron and Bryant, but with a cast like, let's say, Philly or Denver, he'll fall flat. He's no Pop, Sloan, Karl, Thib, etc... I won't even mention the Zen Master by name when speaking of Mike Brown.

See, in game adjustments is what's got me frustrated with Kevin McHale in Houston. Mike Brown is a guesser. He just guessed that maybe Jordan Hill would show up against OKC one night, and JH did.

At the same time, he's still one hell of a coach. He's nowhere near the great active coaches list of Pop, Rivers, Adelman, and perhaps Lionel Hollins, but he's in that second tier without a doubt.

The whole Bynum is as good or better than Dwight thing that has popped up recently has always made me laugh. I think people are looking for someone to take the torch from him after how he pissed everyone off this year (including myself), but Bynum has pretty much been a third wheel most of his career while Dwight has put teams that went to the Finals and ECF on his back. Despite a poor supporting cast, he still had the Magic with a top 5 record in the league before his injury this year. Dwight is better, no matter how much of a jackass he made himself out to be this past season.

I only caught parts of the game last night but that's all I needed to catch. That is pathetic to get whooped like that, I don't care if your opponent had had weeks of rest it doesn't matter. That does not set a good tone.

Good news that it only counts as win one for OKC. Somehow if we can steal tomorrow's game all of a sudden this series will be tied. If we lose tomorrow night this series is for all intensive purposes over in my opinion.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

The whole Bynum is as good or better than Dwight thing that has popped up recently has always made me laugh. I think people are looking for someone to take the torch from him after how he pissed everyone off this year (including myself), but Bynum has pretty much been a third wheel most of his career while Dwight has put teams that went to the Finals and ECF on his back. Despite a poor supporting cast, he still had the Magic with a top 5 record in the league before his injury this year. Dwight is better, no matter how much of a jackass he made himself out to be this past season.

Dwight didn't do anything wrong. People keep imagining this guy who didn't have every right to opt out if he wanted to at the end of the year and people wouldn't stop asking him about it. Repeatedly, every day, so-damn-often-of-course-he'd-make-headlines often.

Oh, and he actually was injured quite badly. You never want a guy who depends on his stature so much to take chances with his back.

Dwight made no ass of himself this past season. As a matter of fact, I feel like he handled it better than most superstars would. Carmelo made an ass of himself. LeBron made an ass of himself. Dwight didn't. So he had a couple of bad games during the season. It happens to everybody.

Guest Phailadelphia

How did Dwight NOT make an ass of himself? The circus surrounding him was far worse than the one around Melo last year. Dwight said "I'm leaving" then "Oh jk" like 3 times this year, toying with the fan base and the team ownership. That's the very definition of making an ass out of yourself.