Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Ray Rice, Ravens agree to 4 year deal

flacco is an over glorified game manager.

flacco is an over glorified game manager.

Over glorified huh? So is that why the media takes every chance they can to bash his ass and blow every story about him out of proportion. IE Jamie Dukes, Dave Dameshek, Tony Dungy, and many others.

As to the game manager he makes a lot of plays for a game manager.

Not saying he is elite their are only four or five of those guys from last year, but top 10 or just outside is fair for him.

Flacco is a top 15 QB at best.

10 to 15 sounds fine to me. There are days he plays extremely well and days he plays like shit.

Ya know though for a 24 year old QB I will take it.

10 mil is a huge sum..however if you divide the percentage of yardage this guy gets and then compare to all other ravens players--you would see that several players are paid far more per yard avg than old ray is...

there isn't a better RB at taking a dump off pass and making iit into a big play..I know..i am a steelers fan..so please, don't pay him!,....makes my team much better..

another good point--remember the game where he only had like 6 carries?...think it was KC they was playing..and they lost....

all players spoke out and said 6 carries wasn't enough..next week a healthy dose of run game vs a better opponent I think--and a win...

Flacco is a decent QB, but he needs the run game and play action, he needs help, he is not peyton manning....and that 6 carry game is proof of those words, sure a 1 time example...

but try that vs any playoff team, and they lose..ray rice is the best player on the offensive side of the ball for the ravens...so, maybe he is worth it?

Amen. I don't think you need a GREAT running back in this league anymore. Ray Rice is absolutely near the top of the list of RBs I'd want... But the position is no longer one in which you need an elite player to be successful.

I think Bernard Pierce is going to be awesome. Is he going to be Marshall Faulk or even as dynamic as Rice? Unlikely. But the dude is gonna knock you on your ass and be an established and effective runner.

I see no reason to give Ray Rice "Adrian Peterson money".

None.

I think peterson money is higher than what he is asking for isn't it?....I was thinking this was behind peterson and johnson as far as price per year...am i wrong?

and if that is right---he woudl be on the next tier of players IMo with foster/mccoy/and rice...and I think rice as a dump off RB is probably the best, hard open field tackle, and built like MJD only faster, but a smaller heavy bodied dude...

this IMO misconception about not needing a running game anymore, passing league stuff---you still neeed a run game, especially in the red zone...and any bad weather game--you better have it..cause whatever team has the best RB and blocking will probably win in those cold and 40 mph windy conditions or later in the year--when your team may need to win in away games in bad weather...

just not a believer in the run game not needed...football goes in cycles, and plenty of teams can use the run and beat teams...lemme say this--what was the win/loss record of the 49ers last year?..how did they rank in passing vs the rest of the league?....

you can do much with just enough passing, and a great run game and top defense...try over 12 win seasons....against passing heavy teams...

so we have a true example of the 49ers, to show--the old formula of defense/run game/stopping the run can still compete for a title...

10 mil is a huge sum..however if you divide the percentage of yardage this guy gets and then compare to all other ravens players--you would see that several players are paid far more per yard avg than old ray is...

there isn't a better RB at taking a dump off pass and making iit into a big play..I know..i am a steelers fan..so please, don't pay him!,....makes my team much better..

another good point--remember the game where he only had like 6 carries?...think it was KC they was playing..and they lost....

all players spoke out and said 6 carries wasn't enough..next week a healthy dose of run game vs a better opponent I think--and a win...

Flacco is a decent QB, but he needs the run game and play action, he needs help, he is not peyton manning....and that 6 carry game is proof of those words, sure a 1 time example...

but try that vs any playoff team, and they lose..ray rice is the best player on the offensive side of the ball for the ravens...so, maybe he is worth it?

It was Seattle. and speaking of playoofs that is the time of year ray rice does not play well.

It was Seattle. and speaking of playoofs that is the time of year ray rice does not play well.

okay, without any debate on is that true, lets assume that is 100% true...

so, why is that so?..would you fault ray rice, or perhaps laying all your eggs in one basket too much, and being predictable as far as playcalling, and then blaming ray rice for not one handedly carring a team?...

from watching ravens games, and win/losses--if you can stop the run good, and cover ray rice on the dump off passes and negate all of those dump offs--you have a great chance at beating the ravens...in other words--you ahve to do decent coverage outside--but you better negate ray rice, or it is over...

teams know this..hell, I am just a nobody and know this...these guys get paid millions to coach, and they see it..that's why ray rice can't have a good playoff game, the first rule of playing this game is knowing what the other teams wants to do, and taking that away...

and it is so much easier to hand the ball off, than complete a pass..and it is easier to complete a 3 yard pass to rice abnd let him go 30 yards after the catch...much less risky as far as INTs too, and less chance of sacks because of the speed of the play and read...

hey, you're team bro..i would be more thn happy if the steelers signed ray rice...he could make ben look better too....and score higher as well..so dont' pay the man...somebody else will...

but--same for mike wallace..LOL!....we got the same problem with a steelers player...but wallace is an easier replacement than ray rice will be...

Edited by Steelrain43

Only AP is worth double digit salaries, and that's a stretch after his knee injury. Ray should take 7-8 and be happy, which I'm sure he will eventually.

Joe Flacco is by no means a "shit" quarterback. I know he's not the elite QB he thinks he is, but claiming he's anything other than damn good is just stupid.

Only AP is worth double digit salaries, and that's a stretch after his knee injury. Ray should take 7-8 and be happy, which I'm sure he will eventually.

Joe Flacco is by no means a "shit" quarterback. I know he's not the elite QB he thinks he is, but claiming he's anything other than damn good is just stupid.

I agree..put it this way--I was not happy when ravens drafted him, but to be honest--i expected him to be better, just a little bit..but that guy had to play in the playoffs right of the bat every year he has played, and he played bad in some of them..he has hot streaks where he plays the way i thought he would, but usually misdseason he starts for whatever reason to make mistakes..then he gets better, and is up and down...but usually early in the season--this guy can be white hot...fast start.

maybe it wasn't a good idea for the elite thing, kinda doing an eli manning thing thinking he will win a SB perhaps by saying that?..LOL!...

for the ravens this year--flacco will have to score at least 7 more points per game avg than last year to stay as good as they was last year--due to suggs...flacco was right, in saying he will have to step up, because every team has bodies to throw into a position...but none have DPOY behind them....so unless the alabama guy plays so well that suggs isn't needed, this position will be a downgrade, problem is--suggs is the primary sack guy for this team, and no other gets above 10 sacks avg....even if somebody steps up--still probably will be less than a DPOY...

so-flacco and the offense will have to give more points for the defenders to defend.pass rush is the one thing that can transform a defense from middle to top 10...and like the pats last year--without it you need to score big to stay in games...

flacco knows exactly what he has to do this year, he already said it.he understands what suggs being out really means...haloti ngata will now face more coverage and be less effective due to no outside presence demanding that much attention as suggs would...

the suggs injury---was a horrible one for the ravens.because unlike steelers--who have 2 guys avg over 10 sacks a year, ravens don't have 2...and losing your only one true talent at that--is devastating and a defense changer.....a pass rush protects your secondary, shortens the amount of time they cover--and we all saw WITH SUGGS PLAYING--how much jimmy smith was targeted....

what will the secondary be without suggs?...what will flacco/ray rice have to do to make up for whatever the defense does this year?....

flacco said--we need to do more..we will see, what happenes in this very soon...

okay, without any debate on is that true, lets assume that is 100% true...

so, why is that so?..would you fault ray rice, or perhaps laying all your eggs in one basket too much, and being predictable as far as playcalling, and then blaming ray rice for not one handedly carring a team?...

from watching ravens games, and win/losses--if you can stop the run good, and cover ray rice on the dump off passes and negate all of those dump offs--you have a great chance at beating the ravens...in other words--you ahve to do decent coverage outside--but you better negate ray rice, or it is over...

teams know this..hell, I am just a nobody and know this...these guys get paid millions to coach, and they see it..that's why ray rice can't have a good playoff game, the first rule of playing this game is knowing what the other teams wants to do, and taking that away...

and it is so much easier to hand the ball off, than complete a pass..and it is easier to complete a 3 yard pass to rice abnd let him go 30 yards after the catch...much less risky as far as INTs too, and less chance of sacks because of the speed of the play and read...

hey, you're team bro..i would be more thn happy if the steelers signed ray rice...he could make ben look better too....and score higher as well..so dont' pay the man...somebody else will...

but--same for mike wallace..LOL!....we got the same problem with a steelers player...but wallace is an easier replacement than ray rice will be...

If Ray Rice is looking for 10 mil you dont dissappear in any game. And I hope we dont pay him to be honest with you if he is looking for that kind of money. now if he settle for 7 than definitely sign him.

And everybody is replaceable and that includes him. I would rather we swap then becaue I would take mike wallace now then Ray Rice because I feel we already have two 1000 yard rushers on the roster so I would love a one for one swap no question about it.

flacco said--we need to do more..we will see, what happenes in this very soon...

We will not consistently be good on offense until cam cameron is gone.

I could argue that Rice is worth 10 mill.

The thought process that he isn't worth it because someone else could do what he does is a laughable one.

HBs that can do what Rice does on a weekly basis are few and far in between.

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's John Clayton predicted on SportsCenter Monday that the Ravens and unsigned franchise player Ray Rice will strike a long-term deal before training camp starts late this month.

"Of all the running backs," Clayton said, "he has the best chance of getting the $9 million-plus deal. That's the market for top running backs right now. And even though he wants a little bit more than, say, the deal that was given to Shady McCoy at $9 million, I think that's something the Ravens will do. I think he's gonna be there for game one, and also at the start of training camp." Jul 2 - 3:31 PM

Fuck Him. When he signs and goes to the ATM I hope he stubbs his fuckin toe or steps on a lego.

This should not be that kind of process and doing this whole sitting out thing bleh...fuck you dude. Even if you are signed.

Fuck Him. When he signs and goes to the ATM I hope he stubbs his fuckin toe or steps on a lego.

This should not be that kind of process and doing this whole sitting out thing bleh...fuck you dude. Even if you are signed.

Tell us how you really feel. No need to sugar coat it.

• Upvote 1

Ray Rice signed a five-year, $40 million contract that includes $17 million in year one and $25 million in the first two years.

Average salary of $8 million per year? Nice deal for both sides.

Good deal..Five more seasons playing against him..