Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Doctor to pay child support for botching abortion

Even if she didn't keep the kid (ie put him up for adoption), I would say she's owed money. Obviously not the child support, but having a baby sounds like a pretty horrible process if you don't want the kid.

Even if she didn't keep the kid (ie put him up for adoption), I would say she's owed money. Obviously not the child support, but having a baby sounds like a pretty horrible process if you don't want the kid.

Yeah, a refund on the abortion.

And having a 6 pound (ish) thing rip through her genitalia.

And having a 6 pound (ish) thing rip through her genitalia.

By her own fault, blots. Do you not realize that? She's responsible for what happened to her.

You act as she is forced to keep the child. You act as if the mother is a saint who is only going to get what is owed to her.

Unfortunately for her, all she is owed is a one way ticket to hell.

If she didn't want he child, fine. But all of a sudden she wants to keep it? Oh, that's right... She is going to keep it because now the child brings her financial benefit.

What a disgusting human being.

Have you ever carried a child to term? Maybe changed her mind for more than just a money reason. Is it really that inconceivable? I think the fact that you all are sitting here ripping the court decision and this woman when you all seem to have little to no actual facts regarding the case.

It is pretty shitty that he is an incompetent doctor who can not only fuck up the whole process but turn around and either not catch it or not lie about it.

that said the lady was obviously not able to take care of a child or did not need one so she should not be treating abortion as a form of birth control for a number of reasons but if for nothing else that rubbers are way cheaper.

So that being said he should handle the medical costs of the pregnancy and his botched procedure. After that the doctor did not fuck for those kids so I am not sure he should be the one who should have to pay for the consequences of two other peoples actions that had nothing to do with him.

Another question is where is the dad in all of this ? Does he not hold any of the burden of the responsibility ? how about the him and the doctor split the costs at the most EXTREME judgement on top of the medical bills.

it is also kind of sad how she says well I would have aborted until it was too late. it is a little fucked up that only after she gets some publicity and know her kid will Google her one day and find the article of where he is the life that should have never been.

But hey its OK she will not have to work for the next quarter century of her life..... Is this one justice system that might be more fucked up than our own>

Have you ever carried a child to term? Maybe changed her mind for more than just a money reason. Is it really that inconceivable? I think the fact that you all are sitting here ripping the court decision and this woman when you all seem to have little to no actual facts regarding the case.

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

Source 4

Source 5

Source 6

By all means tell us how much of the facts you know. All those you accuse of judging might have actually read something about it.

By her own fault, blots. Do you not realize that? She's responsible for what happened to her.

No she isn't. It was her fault that she got pregnant. Its the doctor's fault that she didn't get an abortion.

I sit here and I shake my head. I just cannot even comprehend how someone doesn't see that the woman just tried to murder her child with the help of the doctor.

And now, after they failed to murder the child, she wants to raise it? She's not fit to raise it, she tried to have it killed.

Really just don't get how anyone can support abortion.

People need to keep their emotions at the door... this is not some huge thread about abortion this is about a guy who fucked up at his job and who should be fired and sued.

People need to keep their emotions at the door... this is not some huge thread about abortion this is about a guy who fucked up at his job and who should be fired and sued.

It's perfectly legit since his job was to murder this child.

Now this woman wants him to pay child support, as if she is being forced to raise the kid.

As Bware said, she should get a refund for her abortion, and he should have to pay any medical bills that she was forced to pay because she was having a child. That's it. If she then wants to keep the child and not put it up for adoption, then she gets to pay what is necessary to raise it.

Doesn't mean I can't feel a little sick at the idea of this woman trying to kill her child, and now making money off of it after it survived her attempt to kill it.

Abortion is the larger issue here, we've already discussed it to death, but it's still going to be referenced when that is what the case is about.

Edited by Thanatos19

Doctors can fuck up in MUCH worse ways. I hardly think this is a fireable offense.

• Downvote 1

I do. His job is to provide abortions. A woman asked him to provide an abortion. He failed.

• Upvote 1

I do. His job is to provide abortions. A woman asked him to provide an abortion. He failed.

Once. Tell me how many times you've sucked at your job on a bad day, or in an unfortunate circumstance. Everybody has, and he didn't kill anybody or ruin somebody's life or make anybody's life worse. In less than a month after this child was born, this woman probably loved it to death (HA!), and already regrets trying to abort it in the first place.

Thinking your life is worse because you had a child makes you a sick excuse for a human being with no right to refer to your mind as functional.

I'm not a medical expert, but I think abortions should have a 100% success rate.

And thats just not true. What if you had a great job that you had to quit because of the kid? What if you dont have the money to raise one. What if you just plain don't like kids? All valid reasons to not want one.

I'm not a medical expert, but I think abortions should have a 100% success rate.

And thats just not true. What if you had a great job that you had to quit because of the kid? What if you dont have the money to raise one. What if you just plain don't like kids? All valid reasons to not want one.

Back in the good old days, the response would be you should have been more careful then.

It literally blows my fucking mind how people nowadays carelessly have sex and oh, if something happens we'll just get an abortion. NBD.

Edited by Maverick
  • Upvote 2

Thank goodness we live in a society that has moved past the "good old days."

Thank goodness we live in a society that has moved past the "good old days."

What's wrong with "you should have been more careful?"

She should have been more careful if she didn't want to have to get an abortion. Once she does its not on her.

The pull out method never works... Wait, how far back are these good ol days anyway?

She should have been more careful if she didn't want to have to get an abortion. Once she does its not on her.

Well if that's your answer, that goes into the whole discussion of whether you think abortion is right or not so we'll leave it at that.

The pull out method never works... Wait, how far back are these good ol days anyway?

Yeah it usually doesn't work, ask my best friend! :p

Far, Razor. Far... :yep:

There's a difference between not wanting one and having one and thinking your life is worse because of it. One is valid. The other is a damn crime, in my book. If you don't love your child, there's something wrong with you.

Back in the good old days, the response would be you should have been more careful then.

It literally blows my fucking mind how people nowadays carelessly have sex and oh, if something happens we'll just get an abortion. NBD.

QFT, it's amazing to me how people act like pregnancy isn't even a foreseeable result of sex, I actually had a prof last semester essentially say that in a discussion about abortion, if he hadn't moved on quickly I might have lost it

• Upvote 1

Doctors can fuck up in MUCH worse ways. I hardly think this is a fireable offense.

Some peoples jobs are a bit more serious than others when I fuck up at work I get suspended, If your an abortion doctor and don't do your job which is performing abortions than you should be fired.